Woman in persistive vegetative state unexpectedly delivers baby

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Pea-n-Me, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:18 PM.

1. VandVsmama

VandVsmama DIS Veteran

There are a fair number of Native Americans in Arizona who have no means of transportation, so it can be very challenging if you live in a rural area with limited services, no public transportation, and no car available. There might have been legitimate reason why her family did not visit very often.

tcufrog and firefly_ris like this.
  2. VandVsmama

VandVsmama DIS Veteran

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tinkerdorabelle

tinkerdorabelle DIS Veteran

OMG, this world is so freakin sick. I hope this guy gets caught and I hope all employees submit their DNA. If you don't with this kind of thing that happened at your job, that just makes you an ableep or guilty. I would do whatever it took.

5. Suger Mag

Suger Mag MamaBear

No, of course not, I was responding to a poster who is very concerned that his DNA would fall into his insurance company's hands via a similar scenario with DNA testing during a crime investigation like at the facility. Just pointing out how your DNA is in places you might not expect.

6. runwad

runwad Dis Veteran

tcufrog likes this.
  7. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I read that too. So freaking sad for her family to have her in a vegetative state for 26 years and to know that she will never recover. I hope that her parents will be able to draw comfort that she will live on through her baby even though it was conceived under terrible circumstances.

8. lifesavacation

lifesavacation DIS Veteran

She was apparently only 112 lbs, which is pretty small.

9. Cubbiecakes

Cubbiecakes Mr. Cakes

Though the story is tragic, I can't help but think that the real abuse the daughter is suffering from is 26 years of being kept alive as a living corpse by her family.

10. indimom

indimom Are We There Yet?

Wow, that's harsh.

L&Lfan likes this.
  11. mousefan73

mousefan73 DIS Veteran

There we have no details to make that assumption. You can’t simply pull the plug in all cases. Press has been saying “vegative state” that can mean many things or degrees.

firefly_ris likes this.
  12. dclpluto

dclpluto DIS Veteran

In today’s world that is small. But she is probably at her weight she should be. In the USA we think 112 pounds as someone being underweight. But check the charts. We don’t know how tall this lady is thou.

I just checked 112 pounds is a healthy weight of a women 4 feet 9 to five feet five inches tall. So if she is five feet six inches tall she is under weight.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 7:43 AM
  13. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

The comment wasn't about whether she was oversize or undersize for her height. It was about whether staff would have been able to notice a growing abdomen with pregnancy. Turns out the baby was a preemie though, so very small and perhaps not as noticeable as one might expect.

14. VandVsmama

VandVsmama DIS Veteran

There was an article in a Phoenix newspaper I read over the weekend which discussed how apparently, the woman had a previous bowel obstruction which was corrected. And apparently sometimes after it's fixed, there can be an issue that can occur in the months afterwards which make it look like a growth in the abdomen.

15. tinkerdorabelle

tinkerdorabelle DIS Veteran

I wouldn't give it out freely or want it taken without my consent if it weren't for such extreme instances like this, but if you don't give your DNA freely in this case and you work there, or complain bc you had to, you are either guilty or a total ahobleep. I mean how selfish can you be worrying about all this other stuff that may happen with your DNA, when such a horrific crime has happened, so selfish, stupid and paranoid.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM