Woman caught stealing luxury strollers from Disney

NinaBella

DIS Veteran
I saw this a few days ago and thought surely someone would have posted this. I did a quick search and didn't see anything posted.

Several news articles as she was caught for stealing a $1800 Bugaboo stroller. She apparently resells them and anything found in the baskets like purses, diaperbags, etc.

OCSO: Hernando Co. mom steals luxury stroller, leaves family stranded at Disney
http://www.10best.com/destinations/florida/palm-beach-west-palm-beach/attractions/beaches/

Spring Hill mother uses daughter to steal stroller at Disney World
http://saintpetersblog.com/spring-hill-mother-uses-daughter-steal-stroller-disney-world/

Woman charged in viral Walt Disney World stroller theft
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201705/5571/

----- First Article text:
SPRING HILL, Fla. -

A Tampa Bay area mother is accused of using her young daughter to steal a high-end stroller at Disney World, then flip it online.

It's the last place you'd expect a mom to steal from other parents, but the search for a suspect led right to Spring Hill after a Disney surveillance photo went viral.

It was supposed to be a fun-filled day at Disney World, but Lauren Collazo said the happiest place on Earth was anything but on April 15.

Someone stole her $1,800 Bugaboo stroller while her family was on a ride in Hollywood Studios.

"It was the fact that she took it away from me the day that I needed it the most and ruined everybody's day at Disney," said Collazo, of Miami.

Also missing was everything underneath the stroller; her family's car keys, wallets and her niece's EpiPen.

"I was there with no money, stranded," Collazo told ABC Action News via Skype. "My husband had to fly over from Miami that same day, catch the first flight available to rescue me and my family."

ABC Action News obtained a Disney surveillance picture, showing the alleged thief using her young daughter in the con to slip away in Collazo's stroller.

Orange County detectives issued an arrest warrant for Michelle Craig, of Spring Hill.

Craig turned herself into the Hernando County Sheriff's Office Wednesday, she faces a charge of Grand Theft.

The theft went viral on social media. A Texas woman contacted Collazo after buying her stroller online from Craig.

"She's like 'Oh my God, it still has the clips on it, it still has the tie wraps where your name was on it, do you recognize it?' I'm like absolutely," said Collazo.

ABC Action News tried asking Craig about the numerous other high-end strollers we found for sale on her Facebook page in the past, along with the designer purses and diaper bags.

No one answered the door when we showed up to get her side of the story.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office confirmed that they are actively investigating Craig for other recent luxury stroller thefts at Disney.

"It's time to find a different job and a different hobby that's not stealing from other moms and ruining families' days," said Collazo.

ABC Action News asked a representative of Disney if they plan to ban Craig from their parks after this investigation and what can be done to safeguard strollers when parents are on rides.

A Disney spokesperson has not returned our request for comment

There are morons in all walks of life and locations, even in WDW.

I'm sorry, call me crazy, but who would spend $1800 on a stroller??? I've got 3 kids, including a set of twins. The most we ever spent on any stroller was around $200 for this monstrosity called the Joovy Big Caboose or something like that. We hated it, promptly sold it on Craigslist and went back to a good 'ol $75 stroller that we used for years.

People that can afford it. That's who spends $1800 on a stroller. Ask me why I spend $400 on a purse...because I can.

Good for you, I could afford an $1800 stroller but I'm pretty sure my babies were just as comfy in their $180 one.
I'm not shocked someone would steal, I'm shocked people pay that much for 4 wheels and a seat, except if it was a teen's first car.

There are morons in all walks of life and locations, even in WDW.

I'm sorry, call me crazy, but who would spend $1800 on a stroller??? I've got 3 kids, including a set of twins. The most we ever spent on any stroller was around $200 for this monstrosity called the Joovy Big Caboose or something like that. We hated it, promptly sold it on Craigslist and went back to a good 'ol $75 stroller that we used for years.

Yep first thing I thought, as well. Also, never ever leave your keys and wallets in the thing!

You can have all the money in the world, but if you don't have sense enough to at least take your wallet and your keys on your person, then....

I also believe when some people go on vacation, they leave their sense at home.

Then again, I will go to a grocery store and see women walk away from their purses in the shopping cart and I'm like, excuse me, but you really should keep an eye on that.

Last edited:
Why would you leave your wallet unsecured in a stroller? And why couldn't her husband just FedEx a credit card? My dad left for a visit to my sister without his medication (he takes a lot). I think I was able to get it to him in about 8 hours.

I don't care if they can afford it! It is stupid to leave your whole purse even on a $5 second hand stroller! this lady is very naive! to bring a very expensive stroller when you know you will need at some point to leave it unattended, and with all your money in it? that's plain stupid.
On the other hand I'm very pleased with Disney being able to find the criminal on camera, this will show thieves that yes Disney is watching!
To all moms that can afford it don't risk it!!!

Why would you leave your wallet unsecured in a stroller? And why couldn't her husband just FedEx a credit card? My dad left for a visit to my sister without his medication (he takes a lot). I think I was able to get it to him in about 8 hours.
you know miami is only 4hrs drive from orlando and 30 minutes flight, right? and if they can afford a $1800 stroller I guess a $100 flight ticket is nothing for this family

Last edited:
You can have all the money in the world, but if you don't have sense enough to at least take your wallet and your keys on your person, then....

I also believe when some people go on vacation, they leave their sense at home.

Then again, I will go to a grocery store and see women walk away from their purses in the shopping cart and I'm like, excuse me, but you really should keep an eye on that.

Right. I'm not boggled by the fact they spent 1800 on a stroller or 600 on a purse (I like a nice purse, and high end baby stores are more fun than high end grown up boutique to me). the fact they took those items to Disney and then left them unattended and unsecured? Mind boggled.

True. Never, ever, would I leave my wallet, keys, or anything of value, in an unattended stroller! I hope this was one of those lessons learned and she will never make that mistake again. What I don't understand is how someone thinks they can just help themselves to another person's property. I can't imagine walking up, seeing a stroller, and taking it. Why? What kind of person are you? It is sad that we live in a world full of evil, unscrupulous people with no morals.

True. Never, ever, would I leave my wallet, keys, or anything of value, in an unattended stroller! I hope this was one of those lessons learned and she will never make that mistake again. What I don't understand is how someone thinks they can just help themselves to another person's property. I can't imagine walking up, seeing a stroller, and taking it. Why? What kind of person are you? It is sad that we live in a world full of evil, unscrupulous people with no morals.

It happens more then they like to admit at Disney. This woman seems to have been doing it for awhile stealing both nice purses and nice strollers to then sell on facebook.

For the longest time there was a 3rd party stroller rental company in Orlando that got their strollers this way too.

I can't imagine walking up, seeing a stroller, and taking it. Why? What kind of person are you? It is sad that we live in a world full of evil, unscrupulous people with no morals.

Because some people are craptastic that way. When my dd was in 9th grade, her phone slipped out as she was getting off the bus. Her hands were full and back pack full. Anyway, it was captured on the bus cam. This kid saw it fall and picked it up and got off the bus as well. Didn't say hey you dropped this. Yea, his mom got to pay for the replacement fee and he got to spend some time in the gross cafeteria. Him, his mom and I met in the Principals office. I said why did you do it. He said he wanted a phone. Well when he got the phone, dd had a password on it. He realized he couldn't use the phone so he attempted to smash it, but not before we got the ping from the cloud? I said well, you know you were dumb , because I was able to put a message on it saying reward if returned no questions.

He saw an opportunity and took it.

This thief at Disney was doing this for a living I think. Stealing and flipping them on Ebay or whatever. What is sad, is she had her dd with her when she took the stroller.

As they say, more money than sense.

I know if I did something so dumb as to leave thousands of dollars worth of merchandise lying around as low hanging fruit for thieves to take, I certainly wouldn’t be giving media interviews about it. And the histrionics of her husband having to fly into ‘rescue’ her.

More money than sense. And she might not really have all that much money.

And throw in she’s from Miami….it’s not like she’s from some bucolic small town where you can leave the front door open.

And she probably looks down on me for wearing a fanny pack (only in theme parks).

As they say, more money than sense.

I know if I did something so dumb as to leave thousands of dollars worth of merchandise lying around as low hanging fruit for thieves to take, I certainly wouldn’t be giving media interviews about it. And the histrionics of her husband having to fly into ‘rescue’ her.

More money than sense. And she might not really have all that much money.

And throw in she’s from Miami….it’s not like she’s from some bucolic small town where you can leave the front door open.

And she probably looks down on me for wearing a fanny pack (only in theme parks).

Well, she might have had money, but she kept leaving it unattended all around town...

Yeah, the part about how her husband had to come and rescue her, the poor, weak, helpless twit. Not that anyone deserves to have their stuff stolen, but...

Because some people are craptastic that way. When my dd was in 9th grade, her phone slipped out as she was getting off the bus. Her hands were full and back pack full. Anyway, it was captured on the bus cam. This kid saw it fall and picked it up and got off the bus as well. Didn't say hey you dropped this. Yea, his mom got to pay for the replacement fee and he got to spend some time in the gross cafeteria. Him, his mom and I met in the Principals office. I said why did you do it. He said he wanted a phone. Well when he got the phone, dd had a password on it. He realized he couldn't use the phone so he attempted to smash it, but not before we got the ping from the cloud? I said well, you know you were dumb , because I was able to put a message on it saying reward if returned no questions.

He saw an opportunity and took it.

This thief at Disney was doing this for a living I think. Stealing and flipping them on Ebay or whatever. What is sad, is she had her dd with her when she took the stroller.
Did she use her DD to help steal it? OMG! Mother of the Year (in my most sarcastic voice)
Glad you were able to locate your DD's phone and the kid was caught. It angers me how people feel they can take what doesn't belong to them.

Wow just wow at the people judging the woman whose stuff got stolen because of the cost of the stroller. I hope nothing ever happens to you guys. Yeah she made a bad judgement call leaving her wallet and niece's epi pen in the stroller but that doesn't mean she deserved to get her stuff stolen or shouldn't take the opportunity to help educate those going to Disney about not leaving your stuff in your stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter