Wolfgang Puck vs Earl

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
We were at DTD for dinner and were inline with a family that have eaten at both and said to skip Wolfgang. We checked out the express menu and found stuff we would both eat,but I can't imagine it being better than Earl after eating tonight. ;)

What are your opinions on trying both or just keeping to the one?

I haven't had a bad thing yet at WPE. I especially like the meatloaf sandwich, and the salmon is very good, but with the horseradish sauce added it was Ba-Bam. To quote Amy Duncan.

If you want a sandwich go to EOS (altho I did have a great sandwich at WPE for lunch). However we go to WPE as they have a great selection of main dishes and pizzas. We live & work near a lot of great sandwich shops so EOS isn't anything special for us.

It depends on if you are doing DDP or paying OOP. While EOS is less expensive if you are paying OOP, it is not one of my favorites. Now, WPE, is one of my family's favorites, and if you have DDP one of the best QS options.
On our last trip we ate there twice, DH loved it so much.

I don't think they are similar at all. EOS is good for a quick, cheap sandwich. But WPE is one of my family's faves and has so much variety. Great salads, pizza, salmon, soups, dessert. We sometimes eat there twice per trip and never have had a bad meal. The only thing - it can be a little pricey though if paying OOP. EOS is very inexpensive.

Like others, we like them both. But WPEs has become one of our favorite QS places for the whole of WDW and it is our favorite place to go for our first WDW meal of the trip. We will usually go a second time at some point of the trip also. The meatloaf dinner is awesome. I cover WPE in my food review, link in my signature.

tb1972 said:
I don't think they are similar at all. EOS is good for a quick, cheap sandwich. But WPE is one of my family's faves and has so much variety. Great salads, pizza, salmon, soups, dessert. We sometimes eat there twice per trip and never have had a bad meal. The only thing - it can be a little pricey though if paying OOP. EOS is very inexpensive.

ITA,
EOS is fine for a quick meal or a to-go meal. WPE, offers foods that while they can be packed to go are really meant to be savored in the restaurant. Although I must say WPE does not offer much in the way of ambience; which really doesn't matter since the food is so good!

You can't go wrong with either...they are completely different so it's hard to make a comparison. WPE has more sit-down type food and while you order at the counter, they bring it to your table. We enjoyed the meal that we had there...the quality ranked right up there with some of our Disney table service meals. The EOS has really good sandwiches...fancy, out of the ordinary sandwiches...but it is still a sandwich. We love to eat there and my kids would pick EOS over WPE any day. It has become our first day tradition, but the restaurant can be a little chaotic and extremely busy. It really depends on what you are looking for...but I can say that you will get a good meal at either. :goodvibes

WPE is the best quick service in DW in my opinion and it will give you the best bang for your buck if you are on the dining plan.

E of S is good and cheap. it's always packed in there because of the prices. if I didn't use the dining plan I would eat there more. But although it's good, it's just a sandwich.

You can't go wrong with either...they are completely different so it's hard to make a comparison. WPE has more sit-down type food and while you order at the counter, they bring it to your table. We enjoyed the meal that we had there...the quality ranked right up there with some of our Disney table service meals. The EOS has really good sandwiches...fancy, out of the ordinary sandwiches...but it is still a sandwich. We love to eat there and my kids would pick EOS over WPE any day. It has become our first day tradition, but the restaurant can be a little chaotic and extremely busy. It really depends on what you are looking for...but I can say that you will get a good meal at either. :goodvibes

concur:thumbsup2

We had a really good breakfast at WGP and also loved Earl as we took our food out and had it back at the hotel for a late night snack. Would defo try both again.

I don't think they are really comparable as they offer fairly different menus. If you've already had EoS, try WP next time! I would go to WP for the creme brulee alone! *drool*

OOP EOS is inexpensive for what you get. OOP WPE may seem to be more expensive, but as others have said the food is on par with sit down quality and that quality requires a higher price point. I like both for different reasons and those who are on the DDP will find considerable perceived value from WPE as opposed to EOS. As always though it is about what you like to eat and what will bring you the most pleasure spending your money on!

I don't think they are really comparable as they offer fairly different menus. If you've already had EoS, try WP next time!

Agree!

EOS, sandwich, salads and soup!

WPE, Full breakfast, Sandwiches, 4+ types of pizzas, soups, 5 +tasty, imaginative salads of a better quality than EOS, many types of main dishes featuring meatloaf, spaghetti meatball, salmon, rotisserie chicken

Personally, EOS is just a lunch thing where WPE is dinner! Both good but entirely different venues IMO!

BEASLYBOO said:
Agree!

EOS, sandwich, salads and soup!

WPE, Full breakfast, Sandwiches, 4+ types of pizzas, soups, 5 +tasty, imaginative salads of a better quality than EOS, many types of main dishes featuring meatloaf, spaghetti meatball, salmon, rotisserie chicken

Personally, EOS is just a lunch thing where WPE is dinner! Both good but entirely different venues IMO!

I agree. Both are great but WPE seems more like dinner to us. Pizza and meatloaf are to die for!

I agree.
ncc1701 said:
If you want a sandwich go to EOS (altho I did have a great sandwich at WPE for lunch). However we go to WPE as they have a great selection of main dishes and pizzas. We live & work near a lot of great sandwich shops so EOS isn't anything special for us.

Sorry but i think earls is overhyped. I find that place to be very much like quiznos. Nothing special at all.

WGPE is my fave QS. In fact, its one of the best meals of or trip. The meat loaf is simply TO DIE FOR. So is their spaghetti and meat balls, and pizza. Very yummy. For dessert i love their vanilla cheesecake and the creme brulee topping. So good. If you haven't been, id give it a try. But remember to go to the location by earls. The line up is usually long, but rightfully so, cause its so good! Line moves quick thou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter