Wolfgang Puck cafe?

Three cats

DIS Veteran
The table service restaurant....is it any good? Looking for a lunch reservation at DTD and thought this might be a good bet?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We don't think it's that good but I've never been impressed with any Wolfgang Puck restaurants.

It's not awful but it's not a favorite either.

Pakey, what are your favorites at DTD as far as table service goes? We are 2 adults, open to pretty much any type of food.

My favorite Downtown Disney restaurant by far is Raglan Road. I have been wanting to try Wolfgang Puck's Cafe also though.

I really liked WPC. But, I've only been there once, back in June 2011. I know Pakey goes to WDW restaurants much more often than I do, so I would be interested in her recommendations as well. Anyway, the concept for WPC is Californian cuisine. Whatever that means. I had the butternut ravioli with pignolis. It was delish. The calamari, the sushi, the kids' meals, they were all good. The decor is pretty tired. It's like 80's geometric shapes and colors.

Three cats said:
Pakey, what are your favorites at DTD as far as table service goes? We are 2 adults, open to pretty much any type of food.

I like Portabello Yacht Club, Paradiso 27 and Ragland Road better than WPC. I would also put Fultons higher. House of Blues has been hit or miss but I also like it better than WPC.

For 2 adults I would look at the menus for the first 3 I mentioned and choose the one that you like. Paradiso will be closest in similarity to WPC menu.

We really enjoy it and dream about the macadamia nut crusted chicken.

This May we had lunch at Raglan Road and then had supper at WPC. We like Raglan much better. WPC just didn't have any wow factor for us. The carrot cake would be only recommendation for there.

We loved the macadamia nut chicken, but the last time they went, it was no longer on the menu.. we tried something else and didn't enjoy it as much.

The food at WPC was ok, our service was awful. The place was almost empty and our server showed up to take our order and give us our check.

We loved Raglan Road........ go there!!!

Thank you all for your input! I think we will scrap WPC and go with Portobellos instead.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I've not been impressed with the cafe. Thought it would be on a par with the restaurant which I really enjoy but not so.

Count me in as one who hated WPC. Now, it has been 5 years since I ate there, LOL, but it was by far the worst meal of our trip. We also ate at Raglan that trip and both very much enjoyed it.

This time we're doing Rainforest Cafe at DTD. I know, I know--but I have two small children who I think will very much enjoy it. I thought about Portobello as well, but it looks a bit nicer and I wasn't sure about how great it would be with kids.

My favorite Downtown Disney restaurant by far is Raglan Road. I have been wanting to try Wolfgang Puck's Cafe also though.
ITA,
We love Raglan Road!!!
However, it's a bit of a mixed bag with Disers (more so than most) but OMG, the scallop appetizer and the bleedin' chowder are awesome! Mind if you go during the music/Irish dancing it can be noisy as heck!!!
WPC used to be our standard 1st nite dinner ( and RR our last nite), but the last 4 trips we've done T.Rex (also noisy and the food is on a par with Chili's~but my husband LOVES it so I order a cotton-tini and take one for the team;))
I'd love to try Bongo's, but there is a huge noise issue there~seriously, I like to be able to talk to my dining partner.
You couldn't pay me to eat a Fulton's! Paradaiso and Portabello's menus don't appeal to us and while I'll do the dino dining I refuse to eat at Rainforest.
RR 'bleedin chowder

Which they have removed from the menu so now we just eat at Cooke's and do Boma as our last Dis meal
x2kwa0.jpg

WPC salmon
33mpnck.jpg

WPC filet
2coqwzt.jpg

Cotton-tini
35hjnrk.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter