WOC Dining Reservations OPEN!!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by D2Pugs, Feb 9, 2019.

1. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Call back. Online I see availability for at least 4 every night of that week. Some of the CMs are having issues bringing it up in their systems.

FeistyDisneyMom likes this.
  2. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

I'll do a review but I'm not going until March 9

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. gottalovepluto

No, I’m happy as long as I don’t have a high top in front of me!

5. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

Is a high top the best pick or a lower table in front? We will be a party of 7 so will have 2 tables.

6. gottalovepluto

The DIS search feature is wonky but have you tried that? I know we have reviews around here on it.

7. gottalovepluto

Stuff isn’t booked out yet. Even on 2/23 you can get 4 in at Carthay at 6, 6:20, 7... Stuff is starting to be booked (like 7:30) but considering booking just started yesterday and we don’t have an official park blog post pointing it out yet it’s still safe to assume CM issues over booked out.

8. gottalovepluto

Can’t say because I haven’t been at a low table.

9. Speedracer5

Speedracer5 Earning My Ears

I just got my reservation for the dessert party for 4/11.

I've done the dessert party before. I will agree that it's a big splurge, but we had such great seats (and some space!) that it was worth the splurge. However, it was just my husband and I. This trip, my sister is coming as well. When we went before, we were in the very front of the line. I requested a high top and was brought to the first high top table in the row. We were sitting next to the walkway that the non-package people are funnelled through to get to the show. We heard a lot of "hey! what did those people do to get a seat? How do I get champagne?" that made me laugh. They let you choose a non-alcoholic beverage, or you can have champagne or some fruity cocktail. The cocktail sounded too sweet, so I went with the champagne. If I remember right, the menu says that you get a glass of champagne, my husband and I managed to get two. Lol. There is a bread basket that the table shares. Everyone at the table gets a plate with fruit, cheese and some petit fours (I think like 5-6).

I would say, do not go into this specifically for the food. For me, this was more than enough dessert... never enough champagne though (lol). However, not having to be crammed like sardines in the viewing area, and not being able to see (I'm 5'2, my husband is a hair under 6' so he doesn't have as many issues seeing as I do) was frustrating. We're also celebrating my sister's 30th birthday and she hasn't been to Disneyland since 1999, so this is something special.

Also, if you're a small party, like a 2-top, just know that they may seat another 2-top with you. Our partners at our table were nice and we had no issues.

Here are photos of what we had. I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to resize these photos. These photos are from September of 2017, so the petit fours may be different now.

IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1709.JPG

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    luulu1999 and gottalovepluto like this.
  10. HuskyGal

HuskyGal Mouseketeer

Great. Don’t want to run and make myself look crazy.

11. Speedracer5

If I remember right, all the high tops are in the back of the viewing area and the low tops are in the front. I was sitting at the far right side and had a great view. I imagine that every seat has a good view--it better at that price point! Lol.

12. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

Are larger parties preassigned? We are a party of 7 and would think it would be silly if our tables were split due to lack of options. Or does that mean we just have to show up way early to guarantee two tables together?

13. Drew Perri

Drew Perri Mouseketeer

2 Questions.

1) Where Can I find the Menu for carthay and wine country for the WOC viewing.

2) Does AP discount apply for these?

14. Skjhjb

Skjhjb DIS Veteran

Our trip isn't until the last week of September - thanks!

I haven't - and I will - I was just wondering about something more recent now that it is back up and running. Just wondering if the offerings had changed or we can pretty much expect what I've read from 2016/2017.

Thanks!

gottalovepluto likes this.
  15. gottalovepluto

Ah. No, it’s not back yet so we won’t know if changes were made for a couple weeks. Maybe we’ll get lucky & get some changes to the desserts...

16. gottalovepluto

To the server... “Can I trade you the dessert plate for a bottle of that sparkling wine?”

Fwiw it’s normal to get 1 refill, servers are usually pretty good about making making sure they offer refills or a 2nd beverage before the lights go down & they can’t serve. But if your server doesn’t offer or misses you don’t be afraid to ask.

FeistyDisneyMom and Speedracer5 like this.
  17. PatMcDuck

PatMcDuck DIS Veteran

We LOVE the WoC dessert party. Will definitely book it for our August trip. We did not check in super early, as we followed the instructions and forgot no one else does, lol.

We wanted a high top as well, and got the second to the last one on the left (when facing the wheel). It was a GREAT spot. We had 3 people. The others were already filled, except the one all the way to the left.

Skjhjb likes this.
  18. UnderTheRialto

UnderTheRialto Mouseketeer

Everything I’ve read other than a post in this thread made it sound like there’s one row of low tables and one row of high tops. Are there multiple rows of high tops?

19. SoCalDisneyFan2708

SoCalDisneyFan2708 Earning My Ears

I’ve never done the dessert party but did the one of the dining packages a couple years ago. Besides that one dining package I’ve used the FP system every time and have prob seen the show 50 times or more. I just want to defend the free option for a second. IMO it really isn’t as bad as people say it is. The only thing that is a definite negative is it being time consuming to get a good spot. You’ll line up outside the viewing area about an hour and a half before the show starts. Then at an hr or so before it begins they’ll let you into the viewing area and then you have to wait. So as long as you get there early you’ll get a good spot, even if you’re short. If they do it like they used to they’ll have 2 viewing zones with FP’s, blue and yellow. Blue is to the left and yellow is to the right. I like yellow more as there are more prime viewing spots right at the front.

So if you’re like me who refuses to pay for something that is free (unless it’s a special occasion) then don’t fret, you can still experience the best Disney show there is. Just know what you’re getting in to before you go.

Arden01 and FeistyDisneyMom like this.
  20. Speedracer5

If I remember right, there are two long rows. The high tops are in the back and the low tables are in the front. I believe that there might be some high tables in the front as well, but they're staggered so that they're not blocking the view of anyone in the back. This is based on my memories of having attended the party in September of 2017, so I am not sure if the seating arrangement will change. We sat in a high table at the far end of the dessert party area, next to the stairs down to the water, and we had a perfect view.

21. Magnoliafan

Magnoliafan Earning My Ears

I splurged on the dessert party as a solo and had the same table next to the walkway. I wasn’t one of the first people in line, but being a party of one worked in my favor. The CM hostess first led me to join a party of 7, but the only empty seat had its back to the Wheel. I must have made a face (thinking how awkward it would be to either stare at strangers across the table or else turn my chair early and somehow eat sideways) because she quickly suggested joining a party of 2 instead. My back was to the railing and I faced an empty chair, the Wheel, and the crowd, allowing me to people watch as I ate. I also shared a bit of conversation with my table mates, but it wasn’t awkward at all given the seating arrangement. The view was amazing, the champagne delightful, and the desserts were surprisingly delicious. It was definitely worth the splurge. I haven’t decided on when to book my next trip, but the WOC dessert party is a given.

FeistyDisneyMom and Speedracer5 like this.