WOC Dining Reservations OPEN!!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by D2Pugs, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Malroy

Malroy Mouseketeer

Does anybody know if we can do WOC fastpasses with maxpass?

2. Christin82

Christin82 Mouseketeer

Thanks! My mistake! I realized later that after tax and gratituity, the total came to $315 for 4, which worked out to $79 each.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

You cannot pull them from the app for sure. I think you can physically pull one from the machines though as they aren’t subject to FP waiting times (if it works as before).

Malroy likes this.
  5. briggscreek

briggscreek Mouseketeer

Yay, got the dessert party for our April trip!! :banana:

gottalovepluto and Christin82 like this.
  6. monorailrabbit

monorailrabbit Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Omg YEEESSSSSS!!!!! Booked the dessert party for 2/28! I screamed when I saw the Dis post on my FB feed! I had finally come to terms with the fact it was not happening for our trip! Talk about pixie dust!!

7. Drew Perri

Drew Perri Mouseketeer

JUST GOT THE LAST 7:30 FEB 23rd for Carthay Circle!!

8. Scribble Kitty

Scribble Kitty Mouseketeer

When you break it down in the price detail it shows the dessert tray at $62 with the rest as gratuity and taxes to bring it up to $79.

9. HuskyGal

HuskyGal Mouseketeer

I just booked the dessert party for our trip in March! Are all the seats good for the dessert party or do we need to line up early for better seats? I’ve got two little ones and I’m pretty short and don’t want to get stuck behind a tall person. Thank you in advance.

10. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Usually, yes. But, as with many things Disney, YMMV. Depending on circumstances and which CM you speak with, you may get a refund or a raincheck. It all depends. So if an emergency happens within 24 hours of your Dessert Party date, it can't hurt to call to see what can be done about moving your reservation or trying to get a refund.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  11. Skjhjb

Skjhjb DIS Veteran

Could I ask a small favour? Anybody who has booked the Dessert Party - would you mind reviewing it, maybe with a couple photos? I've read the online reviews but they are all from before it went down, so I'd love to read a more recent one!

We are headed to DL in late September for my 50th birthday and our 25th anniversary (plus a drive up the coast to San Francisco for the rest of the trip). We know we want to do Blue Bayou as our one dinner reservation while at DL, and I'm toying with the dessert party as a birthday treat. But for the $80 (and the exchange because we are in Canada) I'd love to know if it is worth it!

12. Whistlebee

Whistlebee Mouseketeer

We’ve done it before. “Worth it” is very subjective. I did it with my 2 daughters, they were probably 9 & 7 then. All 3 of us loved it. I like the WOC show BUT I hate the standing, waiting and fighting for positions that is part of saving a spot to watch. You are not getting $80 worth of food IMO. It’s about not standing in line and having a relaxing experience while watching the show. I’m very excited to do it again!

13. cruizincathi

cruizincathi Mouseketeer

I just tried to book the dessert party for our 3/17-3/22 trip and was told no reservations are found to book...yet someone posted that they were able to make reservations for April. I called Disney dining. Is there another way to book this that might be able to see March. The CM I spoke to said they have been given no info on times, etc and were only told that WoC would begin again on 2/23. She thought maybe March would open later, but if someone already booked for April, I’d like to know how.

14. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

It’s possible your dates have sold out.

15. jillyh

jillyh Mouseketeer

It's available to book online up to April 11. Just go to the Disney site, go to dining reservations then scroll down to WOC desert party.

16. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

I wonder why the entertainment schedules haven't been updated. I am going in March and WOC is not showing. Which is not surprising since I know they tend to get more specific closer, but what is surprising is it hasn't updated the entertainment schedule for 2 weeks from now when WOC reservations have been made.

FeistyDisneyMom likes this.
  17. cruizincathi

cruizincathi Mouseketeer

I just got a call back from the same CM that I spoke with. After talking with me, and me sharing that others had booked in March and April, she did some digging. Apparently, Disney has renamed the dessert party and CM have not been notified of the change. I thought it was awesome of her to call me back to help me get the reservation I was looking for. Truly amazing staff that Disney hires!

18. Christin82

Christin82 Mouseketeer

I agree it’s weird, but maybe they’re purposely not emphasizing the reopen date since it falls during a time when lots of kids/locals are out of school for President’s Day/Week. There are a LOT of people waiting to descend on the park as soon as it reopens. They may choose to ease it back in without major fanfare, a “soft opening” of sorts, to minimize chaos on the day it reopens.

I honestly have no idea, though. I’m just guessing.

19. gottalovepluto

There are some high tables with high tables in front of them so you don’t want to be last. We like to have a shot at picking our own table so we arrive 30-45 mins prior and wait in the line. It’s possible CM won’t let you sit where you want but we haven’t encountered that. Even a high top with a high top in front of you isn’t bad, it’s just nicer not to deal with it.

20. gottalovepluto

I’m going with Disney is just bad at updating the entertainment schedule in general. They’ll get around to it.

21. HuskyGal

HuskyGal Mouseketeer

Oh ok. Thank you! Do you have a preference within the high tables? Left, middle or right side?