WOC Dining Reservations OPEN!!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by D2Pugs, Feb 9, 2019.

1. D2Pugs

D2Pugs Forever Missing Captain EO

Looks like World of Color reservations are now open for dining package options (Carthay Circle) and dessert party starting 2/22! Exciting!

Anyone know when they will open the wine country trattoria reservations?

2. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

Wooooooo!

D2Pugs likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. midnight star

midnight star DIS Veteran

I've never seen this show, so I'm a little confused. Do you pay to hold your reservation for the dessert party? What if you want to cancel? Do they refund you?

5. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

Yes you pay ahead because there isn’t a payment system in place where they set up the tables for the show. I would assume if you cancel within the allowed time frame you are refunded.

midnight star likes this.
  6. UnderTheRialto

UnderTheRialto Mouseketeer

7. Whistlebee

Whistlebee Mouseketeer

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK You!!! I just grabbed Dessert Party reservations for our trip in 3 weeks! I am so excited! I never even considered the possibility of WOC being back by our trip and I never dreamed I’d be able to get reservations for the dessert party! I just figured those reservations were going to be impossible to get!

Ellek07, Jaina and D2Pugs like this.
  8. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

You pay in full at the time you make your reservation, but if you cancel ahead of time, you will get a full refund. (Not sure what happens if you cancel last minute.) There are only about 100 seats for the Dessert Party, so they need to know exactly how many seats are sold and how many are left for last minute reservations.

midnight star likes this.
  9. katejc

katejc Disneyland Lover

Darn! Just a few days too late for our upcoming visit! Maybe they’ll at least run the show a few days earlier than that...I will keep watching for some earlier dates to appear.

10. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

WHich is the best package to do?

11. StarlitNight05

StarlitNight05 DIS Veteran

Yes! This is great news. I see the Dessert Party in my future for April :goodvibes

milea and D2Pugs like this.
  12. Malroy

Malroy Mouseketeer

Current status:
    [​IMG]

13. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

Does any one know if the kids still get the glow cup at the dessert party?

14. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

Last I heard they do not. It was a limited thing.

15. D2Pugs

D2Pugs Forever Missing Captain EO

I would personally vote the dessert party. You get a great view of the show plus a guaranteed seat. And you don’t really have to deal with the crowds.

I have done the dining package and felt it wasn’t worth it for several reasons. It is not seated and everyone is standing in the viewing area (no seating, unless VIP or disabled) and there can be crowding. Crowding can lead to obstructed views (maybe this might only apply for the shorter humans, I’m 5”4 and felt the obstruction). However the only advantage of the dining package was that we were closer to the show than the FP viewers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  16. Malroy

Malroy Mouseketeer

on a slightly related note, just pulled up a vid of WOC on youtube to show my husband and daughter, the dog focused right on the tv and started GROWLING LOL

17. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

I booked the dessert! Figured with a 6,3, and 8 month old it will just be easier.

gottalovepluto and D2Pugs like this.
  18. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

You made a great call, it will be MUCH easier!

19. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

This is great news for everyone. We won't get to see it our upcoming trip as our last day in the parks will be the 17th. Do you think there is any possibility though it will open earlier than what they've opened for dining reservations? I guess anything is possible but won't be holding any breath!

20. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Called Disney Dining to book the dessert party as I wanted to pay with a Disney gift card. At first she put me on hold a couple times, then came back on to say she knew it had been released today but they couldn’t access it yet and then she said “let me try one more thing... there it is!” Was her first WOC booking in like a year she said so be patient with the CMs if you have to call to book. She got us booked with our gift card, SO EXCITED!

StarlitNight05 and midnight star like this.
  21. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

I am so excited! Just annoying to pay for the 3year old that will pick and play with the food more than anything. But sometimes convience is the key and we won’t be back for at least 3 years.

gottalovepluto likes this.