WL to MK for CRT before opening time

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
My sister, BIL and niece have a PS for CRT at 8:30 on a morning that MK opens at 9. They will be staying at WL and plan on taking the boat from WL to MK. My question, will the boats be running that early (they plan on being at the boat dock at 8 am)? Thanks!

No, the boat to MK from the WL only starts running 30 minutes before opeining time. So, if MK is opening at 9:00, the first boat leaves at 8:30. If its a EMH day, the first boat leave at 7:30. Your sister and family will have to take the bus to the TTC and then take the resort monorail to get to MK that early. That's how it was explained to me from Guest Services at the WL. Since thier PS is for 8:30, I'd tell them to be at the bus stop no later than 7:45.

We did the exact same thing last June. From the WL you will take the bus over to the TTC (I believe it is called the "Boone & Crocket"). You can then hop the monorail to the MK! Enjoy your breakfast.

Originally posted by keithomas
We did the exact same thing last June. From the WL you will take the bus over to the TTC (I believe it is called the "Boone & Crocket"). You can then hop the monorail to the MK! Enjoy your breakfast.

The Boone & Crockett have not been around for over a year. You will want to board the bus marked "TRAN/TICKET CTR", and from there hop on board the Monorail.

Sorry to mislead anyone. I had you going the right place..just the wrong name! At that hour of the morning just ask the driver where they're going if you're not sure!

Thanks for the info.

Tyler - since you're the WDW transportation expert, how much time should they allow for the bus transportation?

Originally posted by dznyacct
Thanks for the info.

Tyler - since you're the WDW transportation expert, how much time should they allow for the bus transportation?

Well, I always advocate for leaving early and arriving early... that way if a snafu happens, not a problem.

At that time of the morning, chances are one would have to take the Resort Monorail to the MK... The Express monorail isn't always up at that hour. That in itself can take 15 minutes. And it can take 10 minutes to get to CRT from the turnstiles. Plus about 10 minutes for the bus... and another 10 mins for Murphy's Law... I'd say be at the bus stop around 7:45... Chances are you'll get to CRT at 8:15, and still have 15 mins before the PS... but... being early is always best anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter