WL or AoA

pd1138

Mouseketeer
I currently have AoA booked for six on bounceback offer with upgraded dining. Now thinking of booking two rooms at WL or AKL instead (I know adjoining rooms are not guaranteed!) without dining and paying for food oop. I guess I'm thinking of trading food for closer distance to MK and a slide at the pool. I'm not sure now which way to go with our vacation. Is it a pain to have two rooms and two different reservation numbers for one immediate family?

No, it's not a pain to have two rooms and two different reservations. We've done it three times now and as long as everything is linked in MDE and you link the reservations as "travel with" (you can call this in), it's easy peasy. I MUCH prefer AKL and WL to AoA. AKL and WL are gorgeous, comfortable resorts. I could literally spend all day at either of these resorts and never step foot in a park. If you want to be closer to WL, choose WL. At WL, you may also want to see if a deluxe room is available and if that would be cheaper than 2 standard rooms. Perhaps also price out 2 bedroom villas at both to see if that offers any cost savings.

Question what are the ages. I personally love WL and would choose that over AoA. But if one of yours is little, you could do a studio or 1 bedroom that both sleep 5, at BRV or CC, and a child in a play and pak. They also have a deluxe room at wilderness that sleeps 6 and gets you into club level, that might be as cheap as two rooms and saves you some on food. A few options to think about.

Question what are the ages. I personally love WL and would choose that over AoA. But if one of yours is little, you could do a studio or 1 bedroom that both sleep 5, at BRV or CC, and a child in a play and pak. They also have a deluxe room at wilderness that sleeps 6 and gets you into club level, that might be as cheap as two rooms and saves you some on food. A few options to think about.

Thanks! Kids are under 10. Problem is our youngest will be three by next year so previously we have stayed at BC and most recently Poly with five and one in pack and play. Worked great. I called about the deluxe room at WL and it isn't available for our dates now. In August we looked to book the deluxe room with the bounceback dining ( I think dining plan with club level would have been way too much food anyway) and the price was 13,000 So we booked AoA for almost half that!

I currently have AoA booked for six on bounceback offer with upgraded dining. Now thinking of booking two rooms at WL or AKL instead (I know adjoining rooms are not guaranteed!) without dining and paying for food oop. I guess I'm thinking of trading food for closer distance to MK and a slide at the pool. I'm not sure now which way to go with our vacation. Is it a pain to have two rooms and two different reservation numbers for one immediate family?

Also WL and AKL will not have dogs. AoA will have dogs everywhere.

No, it's not a pain to have two rooms and two different reservations. We've done it three times now and as long as everything is linked in MDE and you link the reservations as "travel with" (you can call this in), it's easy peasy. I MUCH prefer AKL and WL to AoA. AKL and WL are gorgeous, comfortable resorts. I could literally spend all day at either of these resorts and never step foot in a park. If you want to be closer to WL, choose WL. At WL, you may also want to see if a deluxe room is available and if that would be cheaper than 2 standard rooms. Perhaps also price out 2 bedroom villas at both to see if that offers any cost savings.

Perfect! Glad to know having two reservations is doable. Takes that off the con list for WL or AKL which makes them looking like better options over AoA!! Plus, DH noticed their bus stops at the theme parks are closer then the bus stop for AoA which isn't a real super deal breaker, but when you are done for the day nice to have a little shorter walk to the bus!!

Also WL and AKL will not have dogs. AoA will have dogs everywhere.

Good point!! Didn't even think about that.....didn't think I had to, but I guess in light of the new policy......now I think I'll concentrate on either WL or AKL!!! (Probably WL for MK!!!:ssst:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter