WL/AKL do they hold 5 to a room?

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
Trying to make some plans. We've done POR and I'm wanting to scope out other options for 5, beside Ft. Wilderness (done that too). I was thinking AKL because they tend to have better rates than the other deluxes.
Thoughts....opinions.....options?????

P.S. this is for 5 the last week of Feb. 2005.

Not in a standard room - just the usual 4 plus 1 child under age 3 in a crib.

They do have a deluxe room/junior suite that will sleep 6.

Akl has rooms catagorized as Deluxe. They have i Queen bed, a set of Bunk Beds and a day bed. It works for us. 14 out of 55 "deluxes" are concierge. 45 "deluxes om the 5th floor non-concierge.
Sorry I don't know about the WL.

Originally posted by stacilee
Akl has rooms catagorized as Deluxe. They have i Queen bed, a set of Bunk Beds and a day bed. It works for us. 14 out of 55 "deluxes" are concierge. 45 "deluxes om the 5th floor non-concierge.
Sorry I don't know about the WL.

You can do 5 at the Poly too.

What do you figue I'd be spending per night at either place?
This would be Feb. 2005 with an AP rate (if they are available) or with AAA?
Thanks!

Rack room rafe, through the roof! With a good AP code much more do-able.

300 -370 for concierge? May be even lower if that is the value season. Other posters here are better at quoting "historical rate trend analysis". And if that is too far out of the ballpark, way less for non concierge.
Remember the parks close earlly that time of year so you will get more time to enjoy your resort. The AKL is beautiful beyond words and very welcoming. Our kids LOVED it. So much to do there, you almost need a day or two to skip the parks and just enjoy the resort. (Travel Channel's #1 North American Family Resort!)
You might at first gasp at a price that high but consider all the perks of staying CL with a party of 5. It may actually cost you less than staying "room only". We find that it is pretty cost effective for us. Crunch some numbers! Room, snacks, drinks, fridge in room, COFFEE, wine, appetizers, desserts. Exclusive access to the sunrise safari (or sunSET for adults). PS's for meals all taken care of for you.....
Not to mention it is a wonderful way to spend a vacation, feeling pampered!

As much as I would looooove to do concierge, this has to be a budget-minded trip. :(

phorsenuf, :wave:

For the last week in Feburary that will be Peak Season If you could start your vacation on the 16th that would be in Value Season

New prices for 2005
Deluxe Guest Rooms: maximum 4-5 Guests
Enjoy all the style and charm of a standard room with additional square footage for accommodating an extra Guest.
Peak Season=Savanna View from $445..
Peak Season=Water/Pool View from $390.
Value Season=Savanna View from $340.
Value Season=Water/Pool View $285.

Deluxe Resorts Seasons for 2005
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Inn
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Yacht & Beach Club
Value Season: January 1 - February 16, July 5 - October 4, November 27 - December 19
Regular Season: April 17 - July 4, October 5 - November 26
Peak Season: February 17 - April 16
Holiday Season: December 20 - 31

The rooms that sleep 5 at the two lodges are as expensive as YC, BC, BWI and Poly without the great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!