Wk of May 11 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Tracy, I wish it were so! Seriously, when we were looking at colors, when the woman said, "Here's sugar cookie..." I knew immediately that was the color (without even looking at it!) (it's a yellow cream color).

Keep out of the smoke!

I just got back from a 5k "race," which I'm about to do a RR for....

Total newbie here, thought I'd just say hello and glad to be on board with WISH.

I do have a question, is there a favorite Yoga DVD anyone can recommend that might be geared toward runners? I have decided to run every other day, alternating with Yoga. I have a show tivo'd (what did we do before Tivo?) that I have done twice, but it seems it's geared for people who have been doing Yoga for a hundred years. But I can't believe how sore I was the first time, then how much better and stretched out I feel after the second time. I dropped out of running 5 years ago from knee pain/lack of discipline and really trying to do all of this the "right" way this time and stick with it.

TIA! :)
I am also a total newbie. I just signed up for the Princess 1/2 next March I have been doing some 5k's and have really caught the bug!! Went out and bought Marathoning for Mortals. So here I am I have plenty of time to train.(I hope)

I am also a total newbie. I just signed up for the Princess 1/2 next March I have been doing some 5k's and have really caught the bug!! Went out and bought Marathoning for Mortals. So here I am I have plenty of time to train.(I hope)

I'm waiting on my copy from Amazon. Gosh, it's taking forever! Why is it the bills are never late to arrive, but only the fun stuff. :rotfl: I have 2 5K's lined up for the summer, and then possibly a 10K in Jan just to get the feel of pacing in a longer race. Then off to the Princess in March. This is such a big undertaking, I am nervous and excited. It's so nice to see others here that are just starting out too. :)

Kristykay[/B] - Where is Cutler? I was born in Westerville (think Columbus) and spent 20 years of my life in New Concord (think John Glenn). Awesome job with the Minnie...and I say "go for it" regarding the princess half!!

Cutler is about 1 1/2 hours outside of Columbus near Athens, Ohio where Ohio University is.

amykab - Thanks for info on the beer. I'll have to check it out. ANd BTW if you make your mojitos from scratch, with fresh lime, mint, and splenda, then the only calories are the rum - it makes the almost healthy!

Jen - cute haircut - wish I had the guts to do something like that.

Howard - Congrats on the MBA!

Disnyfan21 - I keep thinking I want to move to FL when I retire, but with neighbors like that water monitor - I don't know

Kristykay - as cruella de Mom said, you might still be able to get into the half by signing up with a charity or with a travel agent. I'm thinking about going the charity route. I'd kinda like to get a little further along in my training though.

Welcome to all the other newbies! I'm a newbie, too

And as for me this week.
I ran my first 5K this morning:cool1: Finished in 37:25 which I was thrilled with. Ran (jogged) the first mile in 11 minutes, Prior to this the farthest I had run was 5 minutes.

So now the "serious" training begins. From reading these boards, I know i have to incorporate some weight and/or flexibility training. I've been trying to sit on my ball when I watch TV more frequently. It's just easier to sip wine from the recliner:rotfl:

Just an FYI:
Water Monitors are NOT native to FL. (Not even sure what kind it was, monitors happen all over the globe) It was someone's pet that was let loose because they didn't want to take care of it anymore. We have some of that going on down here with non-native animals being let loose to go crazy on the native stuff. A lot of it happens in the Everglades which thankfully isn't around people but destroys the natural order of things. I have NEVER heard of one down here until now. It was very scary but also very not normal.
This is the lesson, don't buy a pet unless you tend to take care of it for as long as it lives. Pets are not things or possessions.

Sorry, just had to put that in there so as not to scare off any potential future Florida retirees. :)

I'm waiting on my copy from Amazon. Gosh, it's taking forever! Why is it the bills are never late to arrive, but only the fun stuff. :rotfl: I have 2 5K's lined up for the summer, and then possibly a 10K in Jan just to get the feel of pacing in a longer race. Then off to the Princess in March. This is such a big undertaking, I am nervous and excited. It's so nice to see others here that are just starting out too. :)

I am really nervous and very excited I have been lurking for awhile and just finally did it..

ROZZIE!!!! You know how proud I am of you adn how glad I am that you;re here! I have Element:Yoga fro beginners. It's much like my gently class, whc has helped me alot.

rpsemont - COngrats on your 5K

jakenjacksmom - Welcome! SO glad you caem out of lurkdom!

ksoerlein - Welcome! Not much you can do wrong here. ;) Hope to hear more about you!

Scott - :rotfl: :rotfl: Scary how clsoe you are!!!! So sorry about DL. :( Timing is why we haven't gone yet.

Poppinspal - GOod to see you!

I've missed tons, but I just got back from an 8-miler (I HATE not doing LRs 1st thing) and teh shower just opened. HAppy rest of teh weeeknd all!

Hey guys! Can I come back?? (I ask as I sheepishly hide in shame...) I've been away from this thread for a long time. I really don't have any good excuses. Work has been busy, but that's true for everyone. I've managed to somewhat keep up with my Team 8 thread, but this one has gotten away from me.

I honestly haven't gotten a chance to read the whole the thread this week. I see we have a ton of new people, which is great! WELCOME to you all!

I really am going to try to keep up. I just wanted to get back on here and say HI and let you know I'm still alive. Good to see everyone's doing well.

Have a great weekend, all!

Steve

Stacie: I wish I could send you the rain! It sounds like you really need it.

Jakenjacksmom: Welcome! I have a Jake too...and what a handful!

Rozzie: I got my MfM a few days and I am really enjoying it. I think you will too!

Steve: Welcome back!

Scott: I am living vicariously through you...so you need to finish your trip report. My husband is getting tired of hearing me say "Day 6 still? Come on!"....especially since he has no clue what I am talking about. I think he thinks I am crazy.:rolleyes1 :laughing:

I finished week 4 today! I am still enjoying the feeling of accomplishment at the end more than I am the actual running...haha. Once I get in the groove, I am ok. I have trouble with the first 1/2, and then the second 1/2 feels pretty good. I need to find a local 5k to sign up for in August-ish to give me a goal to shoot for.

Scott: I am living vicariously through you...so you need to finish your trip report. My husband is getting tired of hearing me say "Day 6 still? Come on!"....especially since he has no clue what I am talking about. I think he thinks I am crazy.:rolleyes1 :laughing:

Okey doke!! Finishing it right now :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter