Wk of March 29 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

Christa: No, I haven't done a full yet. I will be doing one in October if all goes to plan.

Deb: Yes, I do want to come down in 2010 but who knows. I could probably do the full 2.5 months later as long as I don't pull or sprain something in October.
You can totally do a full in October and another in Jan....I did in 07/08. I also did Thunder Road mary 12/08 then PRed at Myrtle Beach in Feb 09. Just pick which one you want to do hard.

Shan - Lots of luck for starting to run again.:flower3:

Did 8 miles today around lunch time. WOW it was HOT! I wanted to do 10 but the 8 took me 70 min. I guess I should be happy that:
1. I got something in (b/c DD11 has Strep) :scared1:
2. I did not die from it (B/c I got a major cramp in my stomach...not a side stitch really)
3. I got no sleep last night so I guess it is good I could do at least 8.

Shan - Congrats on the all clear to return to running. I'm gonna bet you haven't lost as much as you think and will be back to speed in no time! You were amazing after your last surgery on your quick return to normal.

Christa - It's amazing how quickly the weather has changed. I showed up this morning in shorts and the others thought I was crazy, until about mile 4 when they were dying in their long pants and long sleeves!

Jeff - I'm beginning to really dislike you. :) You're in the back of my head on all my long runs now, pushing me to go faster and faster. We finished 10 miles in just over 2 hours today, which for our group is really, really fast. It's all your fault, too!

Joan - Great job on the pint! I think I have it down to 5 minutes, which blows their minds. It's all due to my dad racing me the very first time I gave blood at the naive age of 17. Now my doctor wants me to limit my donations, since he thinks it's interfering with my blood levels and my running... :confused3

Went out for 10 miles today, and had absolutely the best run of my life! Felt like I could run forever, and faster than ever (thanks, Jeff, I think?) Unfortunately, the other 4 in the group weren't having their best day, so I had to reign it in a little. We still had a couple of miles right at 12:00, which is unheard of for our group. The weather was perfect, and apparently I had hydrated and fueled just right. Gotta love it when it all comes together! :woohoo:

Then I went to my favorite running store, where the Mizuno mobile tech lab was visiting to do gait analysis. They were already booked for the day by the time I got there, but since I was wearing Mizunos they at least watched me run and confirmed that what I had was right for me and showed me the new model, which I now own. Best news was that I had a $50 frequent buyer credit at the store, so they were half price!

Jackie

Hello all, been out of the loop for a while, but back now! Did ten miles this morning and it was fairly difficult. It was the longest I have ever run without any walking, so I was excited! It was hilly and took us about an hour and 50 minutes.

I am signed up for the Heels and Hills Half marathon on May 3, in Las Colinas TX. Anyone else planning to do it?

Just read the last couple of posts - I am going to have to read the whole thread to catch up on everyone!

Jackie - congrats on your great run! It is so great when it all comes together like that. And the best part of running with a group is that someone is always having a bad day, but it is never EVERYONE at the same time - so the group gets you through. I am sure the others in your group were glad for your support.

I feel like such a wimpy runner but wind gusts in the 35 mph range kept me in today. Oh well at least tomorrow's weather is supposed to be nice for my long run

Hello WISHers!!

Shan: Glad you hear you finally have the OK to get out there and run!!! Yeah you!! I am sure you are excited, kinda like this :banana:?

Christa: 8 miles on no sleep and a stomach cramp. More power to ya women!! You really pushed through that didn't you? Hope all is doing better today.

Jackie: YES!!! congrats on a TERRIFIC run!!:thumbsup2 I love it when I have walks like that!

WellesleyPrincess: I hope you can get out there sometime soon. I will try to send you some FL weather, just hope it isn't too warm or humid for you.

ALoha Jeff: Hey Bro!! Thanks for getting back to me!! You're the bomb! Glad to hear you had a great run.

AFM: My back is doing pretty good today. Thursday and Friday were different stories as the day went on it would just progressively get worse. Must be the actions that I do at work which require me to reach out alot with my right arm. I am doing my stretching and using a tennis ball an ice. Today back is good and trying to rest it. I did get out and went east to the Beach!! Went along the Broadwalk in Hollywood. There is a LIVE web cam at one of the restaurants there and you just might see me go by one Saturday http://www.oceanalley.net/web-cam3.html check it out.

I took some photos of the sun coming up on the beach, so warning for those you don't want to look....

beach000.jpg

Beach001.jpg

beach007.jpg

beach011.jpg

beach015.jpg

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Racey Tracy

Hi everyone! It's was a beautiful day in the neighborhood today. I got in my 10 miles then went and got Kirby Dog and DH for another 2 easy miles. The 10 miles were "easy" pace and not one to say I can accomplish a WDW event. I seem to have lost a lot of my mojo while dealing with the back/hip/ankle issues. It went ok and I'll be on for completing CMM half even if I am last!

Happy weekend everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter