Wk of Mar 5--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

After digging around a bit on the CCC site I'm definitely liking the sound of the Crescent Connection Road Race. It's 4 miles on Labor Day Weekend. It's supposed to be a really hilly course (it uses the Crescent City Connection bridge as it's focus). That will make a very good start of fall/end of summer race to aim for, Plus it will get me ready for those overpasses on the WDW courses.

But....still haven't decided on the CCC.

Did God send me an omen? :lmao:

Last night was my first Official run.... I got about 200 feet ( of my planned 300 feet ) and the skies opened up on me. Oh, well, I think I did my 300 feet, then I came home, changed, and went to bed.

"IF" I did 300 feet, it was a killer. I am estimating 300.

:banana: After two rest days I was out on the road again today. Still fighting a chest cold...but it hasn't gotten worse :rolleyes: . It was warm-ish and rainy today. Actually quite fun to run through the puddles. Unless of course a puddle is made by a huge pot-hole that you step in and nearly go DOWN. That wasn't cool and I turned my ankle in the process. But it seems to be okay. I'll ice it and take some advil. The usual routine LOL.

FINALLY did my 3 miles. I ran the distance...but did stop at 1.5 miles to stretch the calf I've been nursing and catch my breath. It was an up and back ;)....up 1.5 miles of gentle incline and then down the same way! I ran a 10.5 mpm. :woohoo: I'm very happy with that!

ALSO...my Dh has decided to buy a hybrid bike so that once my distances get longer he can bike along to keep me company :yay: . I'm VERY happy about that...not sure I'm comfortable running the longer distances all by my lonesome. Then again...if he becomes a pain in the butt I'll have to send him home LOL!

Papa: God was just giving you a shower :teeth: . Good for you for getting out there!!!!

Dena: :cheer2: Way to go on your 12 mpm!!!! And congrats on the race. I'm SOOOO proud of you!!

Sunny: Sounds like an interesting race. I agree though...a month later and it would have made it more fun. Sounds like you did what you set out to do. And I'm pretty impressed with your pace for a training run :thumbsup2 .

Carol: :wave2: WELCOME!! You've definitely found a wonderful community here. So glad to have you with us!

Claire: WTG on your race....the heat and humidity can really make a difference. And those hills will really knock it out of you! I think you did super!!! And good for you for taking a nice gentle walk today. :cheer2:

Dave: I knew your little ladies would LOVE Lion King. We saw it just before Christmas and my girls adored it!!!!

Can't wait to hear from everyone else on their race experiences!! It certainly was a busy weekend!

Papa Deuce said:
"IF" I did 300 feet, it was a killer. I am estimating 300.
Hey WISH Team! Papa needs a Garmin! :teeth:
Oh the toys you will find to help you along this "free sport" are endless! :goodvibes
Congratulations on those steps you took. Nice to have a shower b4 bed.

Hey! Can I join teh "I ran 8 milesw yesterday" club?

Weird, my schedule is pretty hodge podge, but we actuallline up. I was VERY scared,as this was my "short" run in Dec, but the 6 kicked my butt last week and it's been a while since Jan. 8. I was so afraid I'd lost my muscle, especially with my foot issues. The weather wa AWESOME!!!! 42 to 50 durign the run! I was a bit over-dressed. Imagine that! (DOn't wrooy, supposed to snow Wednesday.)

Mile 1 - 10:52 (Gee, this is a little fast, don't think I should. Might not make it.)

Mile 2 - 11:16 (Morelike it, but I'dkins of like to break 11 average)

Mile 3 - 11:01. (I might beable to make it at this pace, especially because I just finished a big uphill)

Mile 4 - 10:55 (OK, making up for those over 11s)

Mile 5 - 10:52 (OK, a littlemore makeup time)

Mile 6 - 10:37 (what am I thinking, I've got 2 miles to go)

Mile 7 - 10:47 (that's more like it. If I keep this to the end, that'd be awesome)

Mile 8 - 10:09 How's that for a neg. split?????

Woo hoo! I didn't lose it. Last year, it was August, maybe sept before I ran 8 miles. Life is good. Running is fun. (SOmeone remind me of this feeling later. ;) )

Papa D - Welcome! I'm not sure what advice oyu go on your other thread, but I think you may want to not go for straight running rightoff the atart. DH and I are a little overweight (not much). We had not run in 15 years, though. We ran the full in January, but took it in baby steps.

We started about this time last year with teh Marathoning for Mortals (MfM) walk/run the half program. That started at intervals ofwalk 4 min and run 1. That 1 minute run was tough. I'm thinking it compares to your 300 yd run. I'm thinking ti was 20 to 30 min. I would recommemd 30 minutes of that for a week or so before you step it up too much. FOr us, we did the 1st 8 weeks of that plan, then moved to the first 8 weeks of teh r/w the haf, then the run the half (then run the full for us). You may want to step it up more like that. Just trying to all out run adn only making it 300 yards would discourage me to no end! This route will let you see a little more progress. JMO Glad you coudl join us!

CarolA - Welcome! Let us know if we can help with anything!

OK, gonna' be a rough week (again) no idea when I'll be back. Have a great week all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter