Wk of Mar 12--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Dave - Great job on your run this morning! What a pace, and congratulations on reaching out and meeting new people. I'm not much good with groups, either, so I know what that's like.

Cam - Way to go! A new PR! Congrats to Howard too.

Nancy - You just had to be a UConn fan, did you? As a true-blue Duke fan, I can't say you're one of my faves!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jackie

Hi. I'm new here, not to dis, but to this thread, never even thought of going to the WISH boards before...

Anyway, I'm training right now for Mad City Marathon in May, with a long slow run in Boston on Patriot's Day. My training has been off kilter for the last 6 or 8 months. I've had to drop down from 6 days and peaks of 65 miles per week to 3 days with peaks of 30-35. Its been a rough transition!

I'm currently following the Furman Institute's First to the Finish plan that requires 3 hard core days of speed and distance work and 3-4 days of crosstraining. I thought I'd get slower, but my short race times are actually a little faster now. We'll see how that translates to a marathon.

I'm tossing around the idea of the Goofy Challenge next year, I've done the full and the half, so I guess I need a Goofy too.

I've got an 18 on tap for tomorrow, but with the high winds and terrible wind chills we'll have to see how far I actually get.

Nice to meet all of you!

Kim- welcome! I user the Furman program for goofy, but I changed the tempo run to the day b/4 the long run and made it 1/2 the distance of the next day's long run. (I was actually thinking aobut it today, and I don't think my weekly mileage got over 33 miles) I did this for approx. every other long run. Good luck w/ your LR tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter