Wk of June 8 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Carol--sorry to hear about the job loss. PD that you find something better soon. DBIL had his position "eliminated" last month but ended up getting a great job this week. PD that you have the same luck!

Julie--Ouch on the shin! Hope it feels better soon (as well as the ego!);)

Carol,

Sorry to hear about your lay off. That blows. Oh well, more time for baking the WISH team cookies, eating ice cream, and wine tasting. I'd join you if I were there, drowning your sorrows in food and drink. :thumbsup2

Any time you want to come help out with the GS troop, just give a holler.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Got out and did three miles this morning with my Galloway Group. It's very humid! (you know it's bad when you start sweating BEFORE the run LOL!)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Carol - Sorry to hear about the job. I keep holding my breath - our company laid off 55 corporate employees 2 weeks ago, but my regional manager told me last week that he thinks our location should be safe. I haven't registered for the Mickey yet even though I have my bonus check in the bank just in case! I'll be happy to share a glass of wine with you - think there's a bottle in the cabinet.

Did all 3 Race for the Cure events this morning. First one went well, 2nd one I did R3/W1 intervals and took it easy, and walked almost the entire 3rd. Saw my Galloway group leader after the 2nd one and she'd decided to forgo the last one - when I saw the crowd waiting to start I almost called it quits. Total for the 3 races was over 25,000 - actually made Disney look small!

And I agree with Carol - it's very humid! I was soaked by the time I got back on the bus to go back to the parking lot.

Jackie

I've been scarce and I apologize,end of school year craziness. I wish you all the best in your training and races this week/weekend.

I have to share with you that I did my first 5K ever today. And I made it! I could not have done this 6 months ago. I could not have done this without your help. I kept saying to myself Dead Last Finish greatly trumps Did Not Start. And though I was almost DLF I wasn't! I was 18th out of 20 5K runners (it was also a 10K run for those that chose to do the loop twice). And I was the only runner in my group (females 30-39) so by default I won a hat for that. :rotfl2:

Anyway, I had hoped to finish in 45 minutes and I finished 37:40, only 23 seconds behind my DH. I did a 5-6 min run/2 min walk thing and it worked for me. I felt good. It was pouring rain when it began and then was hot and humid. But I did it. I, who never ran, who never was an exerciser, who always thought "I can't do it" when it came to anything athletic, did it today. I did it. I keep saying it. I did it. And it felt good.:thumbsup2

So thank you WISHers for your inspriation. This was our first stepping stone to doing the Half and I feel so good for accomplishing it!

Allyson

Allyson! Great job. I have had to make that chant to myself a few times.... :)

Jackie, Good job on the race, Was it in Raleigh? Has the smoke cleared! I can't imagine trying to run that far in that smoke that was hanging around Friday!

Jackie and everyone. Thanks so much. I sent out resumes to six jobs today and haven't even started hitting up my contacts so "Hopefully" something will work out. Waldo shocked the"you know what" out of me by volunteering to "support" me if it went too long. (I have a decent emergency fund but you know how it goes... "What if I can't find a job in six months?" ) I think I should be fine. I work in the Internal Audit/Sarbanes Oxley area and while that has dried up for my firm that's mainly because everyone is trying to hire thier own staff so I just need to find a company who needs me! I actually turned down a job just last week (hindsight is not good here LOL!) (I have four potentials in Florida... Waldo's not happy with that, but... )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter