Wk of June 7 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

OMG!!!!! Look at my ticker!!!!!.... 7 months today I will be leaving for marathon weekend!!!!!

Lily HI!!!!!:yay:

AFM: I think I have my train to train program all set out and ready to start by losing some weight and getting in some steps. Officiall Goofy training doesn't start for me till Aug 23, 2009 so quite a few weeks to get a good base going .....I think.....:scared1:
:wave: Hihowareya! :scared1: Eek about getting closer. Whee!

...Its nice to find others to share in the fun of running. Most of my friends do not put fun and run in the same sentence and have no interest in the number of miles I ran last week or how I felt doing it.
Smacky, this will be such fun to have you training with us! You definitely can do this.

Frank, half2run got you too! I think it is a great idea and I'm trying to add states too, of course all while working it around WDW January.

Terri, I'm so happy to hear that you've managed to get a run going. Congratulations! Here's hoping you remain injury free.

Tracy, hope your ankle is much better by now.

Hokie, congrats on that first event. I know you're hooked now! I do hope you'll find your way to a full some time. It is quite an accomplishment and I know you will enjoy the journey.

Jennifer, I hope you can enjoy your summer teaching. Sorry if you can't get back here to us. You will be missed.

I've been plugging away kind of slowly just now. At least I'm moving. Seattle is in a couple of weeks. I know it will be great.

Frank, half2run got you too! I think it is a great idea and I'm trying to add states too, of course all while working it around WDW January.

Yeah, it seemed like a cool program and neat motivation. I ran 4 halves in 4 states in 2006 and since every half has been in a state I already ran. The RnR in VA Beach and the Philly Distance Run will get me two more states and I do think I am going to join everyone for the Indy Mini Marathon next year. I try to get someone to come run with me because it cuts most of the cost in half. Unfortunately I don't know a lot of people who think a weekend to trip for running is a fun idea.

Checking in to say hello to everyone! I hope everyone is having a good summer so far! I ran 5.50 miles this morning with only two one minute walking breaks. I'm almost back up to 6 miles! I should probably plan a half after the Peachtree, but my time is so much slower than it was before. I just keep Dory in my head - Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...:goodvibes

Quick drive by for me tonight. No workout today. Got a call to leave work and had to take my Mom to the hospital. They ran tests, but couldn't find the problem. They're keeping her overnight, so hopefully, we'll find out the problem tomorrow.

Terri

I am new to this thread and forum, but I am signed up to run the Disney Half Marathon in January!! :banana I am nervous and excited!

I have signed up and begun a training course here in Dallas last week, and am logging about 15 miles or more per week. My first goal (and the goal race of our class) is a 15 K on July 18th. Talk about HOT!!

How do the WISH teams work? How do you find one? Are they grouped by specific goals/levels?

Terri: I hope your mom is ok.

Teresa: Welcome and good luck on the 15K and half

I just got back from a 6 miler. I love running in the middle of the night in the summer, very peaceful.

Hi wishers!

I got in late last night from a trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon. We hiked down South Kaibab Trail to Cedar Point. Round trip it is only 3 miles, but it was a 3:30 hike which included a 45 minute rest at Cedar Point. Coming back out of the canyon was tough. The temperature wasn't bad, but the altitude was getting to me. I had fun and needed to take several rest breaks, but we got out on our own two feet. I would absolutely do it again too! Maybe even plan to hike down and camp for a night.

Yesterday, I got to hike at Camelback Mtn and Echo Canyon Rec Area in Phoenix before heading to the airport. It was only about 45 minutes. If I had planned better, maybe I would have gotten up early and we could have hiked the whole trail. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Happy King Kamehameha Day everyone. Enjoy your Thursday day off like me. What? You don't get the day off? :rotfl2:

I am new to this thread and forum, but I am signed up to run the Disney Half Marathon in January!! :banana: I am nervous and excited!

I have signed up and begun a training course here in Dallas last week, and am logging about 15 miles or more per week. My first goal (and the goal race of our class) is a 15 K on July 18th. Talk about HOT!!

How do the WISH teams work? How do you find one? Are they grouped by specific goals/levels?
Teresa, Welcome to WISH Team!

Seems like you've got a good handle on your training.

To answer your question about the smaller WISH Teams, just go to the 2009 Team roster thread and request to be placed on a team. Magically that should then happen.

Terri, sending PD for your Mom.

Frank, Yay! for Indy! Funny, I don't have anyone around home to walk/wog with but I've managed quite well with WISH Team travel and room share.

Jeff, ok Mr. Smarty pants, so you get to take off tomorrow. I have that one and every other one off! Ha! So there! :teeth:
:dance3:

As promised, here are some pictures from the Grand Canyon:

GrandCanyonTrip6-6-09005.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-6-09027.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-6-09030.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-6-09104.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-6-09106.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-6-09155.jpg

And from Camelback Mountain and Echo Canyon in Phoenix:

GrandCanyonTrip6-9-09085.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-9-09106.jpg

GrandCanyonTrip6-9-09119.jpg

Jeff We're all going to call nice and early and wake you up on your day off!

Megan I like the photos....I took my son and his friend on a trip to Arizona 6-7 years ago and we also day hiked down the South Kaibab Trail. Lots of un and hard work.

Hi Matt!

Good going to everyone else who's out there plugging away. I did 60 minutes on the bike this am and sweated through every piece of clothing I had on. At least I earned my chocolate milk!

Maura

Hi everyone!
I am still being lazy this week after my first race Saturday. I have been doing yoga and walking, but no running this week. I am diving back in next week with the Galloway 8wk conditioning plan, and then into the 12 week 1/2 marathon plan. I feel a lot more confident now that my SIL let me know (in her own way) that she isn't expecting to win the race and she'll stick with me for the run. She's a fantastic runner, so it's nice to know she'll take one for the team for me. :)

Megan, I love the photos! I've always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon.

Happy Aloha Friday everyone.

10 miles, 1:32 for me. Up and over, and back on the road fronting Diamond Head Crater.

Will be biking on Friday after work. 24 miles on tap.

Jeff, One of my co-workers this summer is originally from Hawaii. I've been so tempted to ask her, do you know Aloha Jeff? After all, you're famous!

I've been busy, but I have managed to get in 25 miles this week, which considering I've only been getting about 4 hours of sleep is not too bad.

Thursday I did a 35 minute tempo and today I did 3 miles in 23 minutes.

Best,
Jennifer

Jennnifer,

Not famous, just CRAZY!

I intended to ride 24 miles on Friday, before realizing I had errands to tend to, and a dinner with a visiting friend from out of town. Oh well.

Rode 12:77 this morning, with two segments of hill work.

Now we're off to the waterpark.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter