Wk of June 28 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

8 1/4 miles in 1:12, plus the 1,000 meter swim.

At the start of my run, it began with me intervening in a domestic dispute on the corner. Some idiot choking his girlfriend right on the corner. I yelled at him to stop, then he came at me swearing up a storm. In the meantime the girl ran the other direction. No cops around when you need them. Good deed for the day.

Well, the adrenaline had me pumping the first 4 miles. :rotfl2:

Happy 4th of July everyone. Oh, and the circuit court judge issued an injunction against the governor's plan to furlough state workers. Rats, I was looking forward to having Friday's off. :rotfl:

Great splits, Jackie! Are you doing a R/W or is that just running?

Yikes, Jeff...great that you helped that lady. Hope she gets away from him for good.

I did a mile today, yep, just one. Starting up the B2B for Goofy. 5 on tap for tomorrow.

Mel - My Saturday Galloway group does R2:30/W1, and up until recently I've stuck to something similar during short runs. But I really want to get to where I can run at least a mile comfortably without stopping, so I'm trying to increase my run intervals. Last night I did R4/W1 for the first 2 miles, but then I died, so the 3rd mile was R2/W1 (with a couple of R1/W1 thrown in when I couldn't breathe!) Figured it was more important to finish upright than to try to run for 4:00! I think I'm not gonna push too much on back to back runs until after Richmond in November, since I really want a good time for that marathon. Once it's over, then I'm going to try to do more B2B weekends. We often go out on Sunday for hikes with the dogs anyway, even though they're usually short, so I'm counting that as Goofy training!

Jeff - Great job being the good Samaritan. Bet that was a huge adrenaline rush!

Frank - Glad the arm isn't slowing you down too much!

Headed out to do yard work today. Ick! I'm counting it as cross training.

Jackie

Uneventful brick workout today.

27 miles on the bike, 2:00:54.

2 miles afterwards, cruising 19:44.

Went out and broke in the new running shoes today. Got in 4.5 in 30:32. It felt so much slower because the shoes are a little too pillowy for me until I get a couple of runs in but that is about a minute faster than the same route on Monday. Gotta love new shoes :thumbsup2

Happy 4th of July everyone!

My happy moment came when I checked the web and found out my waitlist for a 2BR at BCV came through for Marathon Weekend! WooHoo! My first stay at Beach Club Villas!

Terri

I'm baaaaack... :banana:

No rest for the weary though, time for my 20 miler at 3:28am. Jet lag anyone? :rotfl2:

16 miles through the downtown portion of the Honolulu Marathon course. We played it smart, and ran through the shadows of the trees and buildings downtown. Helped keep us slightly cooler than normal.

We staycationed in Waikiki for the 4th of July fireworks. Nice 2 days in the pool and on the beach.

Have a great week everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter