Wk of June 21 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

I did 3 miles last night and my average was under 15 minutes! (don't know the exact speed though)

Pilates tonight and 3 more miles on tap for tomorrow.

Hey everyone!

We were expecting storms (never happened) so hit the gym for weights/core/swim last night. Felt good. Little hot tub after swim to relax.

Tonight is rest night (Friday always is). Sat we're doing a training run at 6.15am at the location of our 10 miler in July. Sun is the duathlon - was fun last year and weather is looking to be perfect!

Have a great weekend!

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on the weekly thread. Mostly familiar faces/names it seems.

Got out for 3 miles last night just before the storms hit. Ran a little too fast trying to beat them home and had to stop and walk. Then picked it back up to finish. I have no idea what my times are anymore as I've stopped wearing my watch and just did the miles.

I've missed your pictures Jeff is this where I can find them? LOL I used to see them everywhere......

Hi all, back from race 1 of the weekend, a 4 miler. I had a good first and last mile but bonked bad in the middle. Miles 2 and 3 were not very good. It was a strange course profile with a hill right at the beginning that was just long and steep enough to make your legs heavy. I did manage to claw back enough time on the 4th mile to beat my goal time of 26:00.

Good luck all and yes Jeff the pics are great but constantly make me jealous, though not as badly in the summer time for some reason.

Hey Jeff....

Need some travel advice w/in HI. If I'm staying in Waikiki and want to get to Haleiwa, approximately how long will it take me? I'll have a rental car and will probably be driving out there on a Saturday morning, leaving Waikiki around 6:30AM. My trip is over 2 months away, but I'm trying to get things planned.

To keep this somewhat on-topic - Good luck to all racers this weekend!

Terri

Hey WISHers!!
SOrry I am not on the main weekley thread as I would like to be. Keeping up as captain of the Warriors takes most my time. Also time on FB keeps me away some.

I did post a report of a local 5K that I decided on the race report thread.

Didn't do it for time, just for something to do and met up with fellow WISHer Tricia for some company!! We had a good time at a nice park in Deerfield Beach, FL.

Frank, Sorry to hear about mile2&3 - yuk! Hope the next race you have this weekend works out better!!

Racey Tarcy

Happy Saturday Wishers!

I managed to get up early for my run today. Well, relatively early. I wish I had gotten out the door an hour earlier for the cooler weather, but it wasn't that bad outside still.

I did a 5 minute warm up (.25 miles) and a 3-mile run to finish off my first week. I finished the run in 41 minutes! That would have been a PR if I was doing a 5-k! I finish off the week with 9+ miles. I'll take that.

Hey everyone! I love reading everyones weekly posts and find it so motivating to hear all your distances and times. As for me, I increased my mid week runs this week to a 4,5,4 and my long run will be 12 this weekend. Im still doing 3 days of cross training at the gym, but I think Im going to start giving some of that up in a month. I am now doing boxing, a lower body weight training class, and a boot camp class. I love them, but the classes are at 545 am so in order to get my runs in before class Ive been getting up at 4am and its kills me! Especially during the day when my 2 and 4 year old are full of energy. I wanted to ask everyone what they do for hydration during their long runs. As of now, I havent had any hydration, but now that my runs are getting longer I need to start planning for it. Do you wear a camelbak backpack or find the waist pack a better option for running? Im afraid the backpack would be too hot and cause me to sweat more. Thanks for any advice.

Just popping in to say hi! :)

We've been having lots of LTO mixed with a fair bit of just plain laziness over here. That mixed in with lots of 100+ degree days? Not so good for trying to get back onto a decent running schedule.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi all,

I did a 35 minute tempo run. About 4.5 miles. I haven't been getting near the mileage I want, but hopefully will be back normal soon.

Best,
Jennifer

Hey Jeff....

Need some travel advice w/in HI. If I'm staying in Waikiki and want to get to Haleiwa, approximately how long will it take me? I'll have a rental car and will probably be driving out there on a Saturday morning, leaving Waikiki around 6:30AM. My trip is over 2 months away, but I'm trying to get things planned.

To keep this somewhat on-topic - Good luck to all racers this weekend!

Terri

About 1 hour to the North Shore, without any stops. Not much traffic that early on a Saturday morning.

Let me know if you want to go for a scenic run on Tues/Thrs, or with the Honolulu Marathon Clinic on Sunday.

Thanks Jeff,

I'm flying in on a Thursday. Tuesday could work, but I am nowhere near as fast as you (not even ibn my wildest dreams!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter