• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk of Jan 8--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Cam- Glad to hear that Howard's surgery went well. :wizard:

I yelled and cheered and got some looks at the MK on Main Street cheering loudly for the marathon. I waited for the last athlete to pass, then I headed to Epcot to see DH finish. A story about my trip through Epcot during the 1/2: saw Helen :flower: and saw the stroller running people trying to cross the road. One of the runners a few steps ahead of me actually yelled at one woman "I'm not stopping! You better move out of my way!" Just another surreal moment at Disney World.

My left shin hurt this week after the half so I skipped my short run yesterday, and I didn't ride my bike today. The rest has helped, plus not wearing uncomfortable (but oh so fashionable) work shoes has helped too. It's back on the bike tomorrow for a 15 mile ride.

For those following the running shoe saga: Ordered new Asics to replace new Asics that DH sold at garage sale for $1. UPS misdirected the package to a rail car around Mesquite, TX on Tuesday (according to Tracking information). No sign of running shoes, no real person to talk to at UPS, and no response to e-mails by UPS Customer Service. :faint:

littlegreydonkey said:
me again - Mel, can you tell me how you got into 'lost and found' photos at ASI, I can't find it (it's surprising I ever ended up here isn't it!!!).

Oddly enough, I found it only on the half and 5K sections. They didn't seem to have it for the full.

If you go to asiorders.com and click on WDW half marathon (or 5K), it's toward the bottom of the page under photo categories. Maybe they lumped the half and full photos together?

TXBelle said:
For those following the running shoe saga: Ordered new Asics to replace new Asics that DH sold at garage sale for $1. UPS misdirected the package to a rail car around Mesquite, TX on Tuesday (according to Tracking information). No sign of running shoes, no real person to talk to at UPS, and no response to e-mails by UPS Customer Service. :faint:

Heather, when we met at MK and parted ways I walked about 10 feet and it hit me, "SHOES!" She's the one with the shoes :rotfl2: Actually, I'm kindof amazed at how slow I was to put real people with screen names.

So sorry to hear of your pain. Hoping it goes quickly :wizard:

icunurse_celeste said:
How does this thread differ from the other one? :confused3

We start a new thread every Sunday. We tried a monthly thread last year, but got way too many posts for everyone to read through. Doing weekly threads makes it easier to keep up with! I'll always post the link at the end of each week to make sure everyone can find the new week's thread.

chimera said:
We start a new thread every Sunday. We tried a monthly thread last year, but got way too many posts for everyone to read through. Doing weekly threads makes it easier to keep up with! I'll always post the link at the end of each week to make sure everyone can find the new week's thread.

Okay- cool!
Thanks- see you on the flip side.

:banana: I loved the half marathon, it was so much fun talking to everyone and seeing the characters out and about. Pluto gave me a "high-five" :earsgirl: I am seriously thinking about doing the full in 2007, but not sure if I can do the distance :scratchin I may do a half marathon in Aug. from Georgetown to Idaho Springs in Colorado, but I'm still debating. Anyway I had a blast and hope to see everyone next year! :cool1:

Stenogoddess-just didnt want your thread to get lost. We do a new thread every week, so come over to the week of Jan 29 thread

WELCOME!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter