• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk of Feb 3rd-- WISH Walking/Running Club

It's still raining here in the islands. It's been close to a month of rain at our house, ever since returning from the Goofy Race and a Half. Is this what Seattle is like (LOL)?

There was flash flooding and funnel cloud yesterday out on the West side of the island in Kapolei. Traffic was a mess on top of all that rain.

Oahu and Kauai are getting a break from the heavy stuff today. The Big island, Maui, Molokai, and Lanai continue to get drenched. Weather reports say we're in for more of this next week. I've been dodging raindrops, BIG RAINDROPS, and puddles all week.

I had a terrible run yesterday. No energy or gas in the tank for a 5 miler, must not have had enough pasta this week (LOL). Oh well, at least I got out and moving.

Aloha everyone, and have a great weekend!

It's still raining here in the islands. It's been close to a month of rain at our house, ever since returning from the Goofy Race and a Half. Is this what Seattle is like (LOL)?

Oh dear. My boss is someplace in Hawaii and he was NOT in a good mood before he left. I was hoping he would come back in a better mood, but if it rains.....:eek:

(And it's colder in Seattle!)

Hi Team..

Hawaii Jeff: That's just wrong...it shouldn't rain in Hawaii ;). Sorry to hear that the weather isn't cooperating there either. Sounds like a nation wide problem!

Carrie, Mel, Kate: I know the shirt design and order deal is kind of sticky right now...just wanted to say that we do appreciate you guys for taking the time to volunteer and get the shirts out there for discussion. As with everything, I'm sure it's a little time-consuming! Thanks! :goodvibes

Jen Ga: WOW...1:45 pep rally LOL! Good luck with that ;). Take care of that IT band. Ditto to what Krista said...it's a tough injury that is easily aggrivated. Don't push too hard too soon! :hug:

Krista: You rock girl! 10 miles on the bike. I think I was so much lazier when I was pregnant!!!

Tigger Jeff: I have the Fuel Belt (not helium..old school style)...and the velcro works like a charm. I love it :). Very very comfy too IMO. Prior to that I used the Ultimate Direction bottle/pack and it was good except it loosened up over time so I was constantly tightening it during the long runs.

Stephanie: So glad you guys are ok. I hope you're feeling better soon...sounds like a nasty virus you guys had!!!! :sad2:

:( PD to MelR and Susie: Hope you guys are ok!!!

OK...so I taught another class this morning. I actually think I have an overuse injury in my right arm :(. That's a huge problem with all the demonstrating I have to do for plank, push-ups, weights, etc. Ugh! Lots of discomfort in both my elbow and shoulder. Oh well...such is life. AT LEAST it's not my leg!!!! This was a huge week of training for me....I put a lot of time in Pilates, Yoga, Cycling, X-C Ski Machine. Unfortunately...my running miles aren't as good. I hope the better weather will help with that. Great job getting the steps in....AND the XT in. Everyone is doing well.

Shan: Thanks for the info on the Helium belt. I am planning to go to the running store today and try some belts out, so I hope they have that model there. I hope you didn't get your DH the PINK one!

No, I got him the red and black. I have the pink one, though! :rotfl:

Another first for me today! I ran 8 miles at an average pace of 10:54! :woohoo: At about mile 2 I thought it isn't happening today, but I stuck with it and did it! Next week I get a break before I have to run 9 the following week. My knees hurt a tad, just like my 7 mile run I did last week. I tried the Clif Bloks this time instead of the Sports Beans. They are bulkier, but I think I liked them better...

Jeff - Is that because you want teh pink one and don't want Shan's dh to copy? :rotfl:

Amy - :guilty: Please take care of that arm!

Shan - Way to go! That is an awesome pace and 8 miles is aloooong way! great job!

mkymsehi - SO sorry about all teh rain. Want some of my snow?

Carol - Bummer that your boss is not happy in HI. Does not bode welll...:sad2:

Krista - congrats on the sore bum! :confused: :rotfl:

Jeff - Is that because you want teh pink one and don't want Shan's dh to copy? :rotfl:

Now I know what to buy him for Valentine's Day! :lovestruc
Where do you get those pink ones? ;)

Thought the WISH family would want to hear from escape/Susie..

" This has been a wild week. A tornado hit in Atkins, Arkansas which is around 10 miles from my home. A lot of damage was done and several people were killed including one of Steve's co-worker's brother. Really sad. Today, I saw the funeral procession for a family that was killed. Really, really sad.

We had some major roof damage as did several of our neighbors. Also, lots of trees and power lines knocked down. Luckily, our power did not go out. We've been busy this week cleaning up debris and cleaning up a little rent house we have that sustained some minor flooding. What a mess. However, we're alive and doing great. I can't complain."

Thank you Anne - Adding prayers, positive thoughts and :pixiedust:

Stay safe Susie, we're thinking of you - I have family in Ashflat, Arkansas, and couldnt believe all the pictures of destruction I saw!

Thought the WISH family would want to hear from escape/Susie..

" This has been a wild week. A tornado hit in Atkins, Arkansas which is around 10 miles from my home. A lot of damage was done and several people were killed including one of Steve's co-worker's brother. Really sad. Today, I saw the funeral procession for a family that was killed. Really, really sad.

We had some major roof damage as did several of our neighbors. Also, lots of trees and power lines knocked down. Luckily, our power did not go out. We've been busy this week cleaning up debris and cleaning up a little rent house we have that sustained some minor flooding. What a mess. However, we're alive and doing great. I can't complain."

Prayers going out! :hug:

I know this is my first time to post since we started but I am trying to stay faithful to my exercise and cardio. For this week, I have done 20 miles worth of walking/jogging. Otherwise, I have also done 3 more hours worth of weight training. I don't really understand how the whole mathmatics works out but I will keep the cardio up and even increasing my daily and weekly totals.

My prayers and thoughts go to the ones in Arkansas for their loss. My sister in-law is from there so it can hit home. I know it will take a little time but I hope the pain eases soon.

Bubba

Anne--thanks for getting in touch with Susie for us! I was really getting worried!

Susie--Lots of prayers and PD coming your way. Please if there is ANYTHING you need, please let me know--I"m only a short 45 minutes away! Seriously, post here or PM me; I can be there tomorrow! Or if you need a break from the madness our house is always open!:hug:

First, thank goodness that Susie/Steve's family is safe. My heart and thoughts go out to the region and all affected by this.

Krista: Thanks for the kind words--I'm almost over the engagement ring, just a trace of bitterness left for a lifetime. :lmao: We're renting a place in the Frick Park/Regent Square area right now (Edgewood/Swissvale, although we hang out in Squirrel Hill). I don't know where we'll end up buying eventually, as there are soooo many cool neighborhoods. We like the Squirrel Hill/Shadyside/university area, but not sure our wallet does! And a big whoo-hoo for your 10 miles, even if I don't know quite what to make of your appreciation for a sore bum (naughty joke being suppressed here...).

Tigger Jeff: Dadgum?? :rotfl: Oh, and welcome to my pace.

Jen in GA: Hey, if your DD sticks with it, could she end up going to Disney for those cheerleading competitions? That would be cool, I think. Take care of that ITB.

Aloha Jeff: A month of rain? Wow, and I thought Pgh was rainy. :hug: on the five miler. But you're right, you did it! How are you feeling about the upcoming race?

Amy: Take care of your arm. I would imagine that it causes a great deal of discomfort/pain even with the smallest tasks. :scared1:

Shan: Great run, great pace! Take care of those knees.

Bubba: WTG on the 20 miles and 3 hours of weight training! Good progress!

As for me: I'm officially on the mend. Today was the first day I was able to pick up with C25K and breathe, if not easily, then without heart-stopping scariness! :woohoo: That means I can trade off some of my time on that dadgum--love it, Tigger Jeff--elliptical for some foot-stomping goodness.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in say thanks for the well wishes and concerns. Fortunately, as I told Anne, we were lucky in that we only had roof damage and some minor flooding from the storms last Tuesday. However, we know several families that weren't as lucky and it's been hard for them and many others in the area. One good thing that I have witnessed is the coming together of the communities involved. Many people willing to do whatever they can to help those in need. Really heartwarming! Kind of reminds me of our WISH community. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Stephanie - :hug: Thanks so much for your generous offer. You're so kind! Really, we are the lucky ones. We're doing good! :flower3:

Anne

Bless you and thank you for the word about Susie. There is nothing so terrifying and random and deadly as a Tornado. I don't know what else to say, except I'm glad Susie and her family are safe.

Craig

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

I'm waking up and fueling up for my long bike ride this morning. I'm still resting my hip.

I got an e-mail from SockGuy this morning. They're the ones that made our WISH socks. Check out what they have now. I might have to get me some of these. Armwarmers that match our uniform perfectly!

ArmGreen.jpg

http://www.sockguy.com/product1103.html

Good morning guys and pretty princesses.

Susie, I'm so glad you are ok. Anne thank you for finding out for us.

Bubba, welcome, now that you have started on your journey never look back do as the great man said and "Keep moving forward".

Question for everyone. How do you like the miles/hours game? Do you think it's helping you stay motivated?

We are probably the best, most supportive most caring and most active group that the WEB has ever brought together. :grouphug:

I want to encourage everyone who is new to regular exercise to consider doing a few 5K races in their local area this year. That way you can get the rookie mistakes out of the way and when you go to Disney, your race experience will be even better.

Valentines day is coming up quickly guys, make sure you pamper your pretty princesses. Note to remember from the "Love Panda": a new vacuum cleaner or other such item ain't a present for a pretty princess.princess:

Have an awesome weekend y'all.

WISH Panda:hippie:

Dave- loving the competition. My last two runs wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been motivated by the competition. I'm getting ready to head out the door in a few minutes so I can get at least 3 miles in for today. Same motivation. It's great for those of us who don't have a training schedule for a race right now.:thumbsup2

Jen in GA

Anne - Thank you for letting us know Susie was ok.

Susie - Glad you found a minute to post & that you are ok.

Stephanie - Glad to hear you guys didn't have to deal with the worst of the storms

Has anyone heard from MelR yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter