• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk of Feb 18--WISH Walking/Running Club

Helen-- :hug: I can totally relate. Chronic pain wears you down. Not running makes you crazy. It's a terrible combo. Here's mega pixiedust: to speed recovery and get you back on the road.

I've done a thorough analysis (aka avoiding work) of the KeyBank Vermont marathon elevation map. I did a conversion from pixels to feet to measure the inclines and just estimated the downhills.

vt_marathon1.jpg

I've colored the >1% incline miles in RED, the <1%>.5% in PINK and <.5% in PEACH. I'm going to try to use these grades during my LR on the TM:crazy2: . My LR is 12 miles this week, so I'll scale everything to ~0.5 miles.

I've owned my 205 for almost 30 days now and only got in one 6 mile run with it. :mad: I guess that's what I get for not waiting until Spring to buy it. I sure hope it isn't defective. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Sunny

Hi WISH Team!

I'm jealous of everyone who gets to play outside, terrified when I read of those doing it in the icy conditions, and proud of those doing the Dread-TM versions.

Take it easy everyone who is having pain issues. Get healed so you can play better.

Seems like the Mist--names are pretty popular for pets. My min pin pup was Misty when we rescued her. I just couldn't picture her by that name so it got converted to Missy. That she is! This year she has decided sleeping under the covers between DH and me is the best thing. She isn't warm enough in her cage. She managed that cage for 11 years happily we always leave the door open and it is her safe space. I guess old age gets to you huh, Kevin?

I've been feeling pretty good about my workouts this week. As long as I'm not on TM, it's all good. I'm wondering if the time will ever come when I feel better about TM or my wonderfull Towpath.

Today is Rest day and Friday Date Night...I wonder what excitement we have in store for tonight. Last week DH was exhausted from his week so he took a long evening nap. Have a gerat weekend everyone.

Last LR before the Sarasota Half today. 5 miles in 58:27 for an 11:41 pace :car: I'm having a hard time getting the 205 set right. When I was out on a run, the 301 would alert at each mile and give the lap pace time. This one, as far as I can tell, only gives the distance alert. And when I download, I only get each lap's pace time, not elapsed time, so I can't see my split times, only the time for each lap. Guess I need to get the manual out and read it :teacher:

Angie and Minnie...congrats on the new jobs!

Mike...I didn't know you were a pharmacist too! What type of pharmacist are you? My pharmacy class was about 50:50, F:M, my PA class was 55:45 F:M.

Dave...Daddy camp is definitely very cool!

Jen...I ordered blue Crocs for DD14 on ebay, then just ordered purple for myself after I found out how comfortable hers were after a run.

Helen...:wizard: for your foot. The first 3 to 4 months were the worst, but then it settled down for me. I still ice after every run and stretch my calves daily.

We have a 40lb border collie mix and a 9lb Tigger who both sleep in the bed off and on through the night, but never on the same side. The dog is afraid of the cat :scared1:

Wild thing's bday is next week...the big 4. I'm off to order her cake then take her to the pediatrician for her well-child visit! And we might accidentally take a surprise daytrip to WDW tomorrow shhhhhh:ssst:

Mel - I didn't realize your Wild Thing's b-day was so close to my Wild Thing's. Mine turns 4 in April. Wow, is she a job in itself. Some days I feel bad for her daycare teachers. She is active, opinionated, and just plain adorable! I love every little bit of her, but sometimes need a break!!! :p

Oh and DH got navy Crocs and I got tan ones. Ebay has some great prices if you are willing to by-pass the Disney version. Those are outrageously expensive on ebay. When they first came out before Christmas I bought the girls each a pair for $18, now they are going for $35 plus. Some places have them listed for $50... I can buy them locally for cheaper!!!

So today is a rest day because my ankle is tender. My LR tomorrow is only 3 miles (can you believe I said ONLY!!!!), so I am not worried at all. In fact, I could even punch out a extra mile if I wanted to. How is that for being cocky!! :lmao:

We have a snow storm heading our way. It is "supposed" to hit us sometime tomorrow. Light snow tonight, then it will stop and re-start tomorrow evening through Monday. Watch it tho, I bet we get minimal amounts and it all heads South!!

Sunny - You crack me UP!!!! Your analysis is way too much. Tho if I had the talent and patience, I would probably do the same thing!!

Judy - Please don't tell me you have recurring pain from your hammer toes!! My dad is having surgery this fall on both feet all toes. I have 3 toes that are bad but not bad enough. They haven't worsened since I stopped wearing heals (TAKE NOTE KRISTA... heals are bad!) The heals were pinching them something horrible. I just hate pain. I think I will get my varicose veins fixed first tho. WOW, I am just a mess of a body!!

Christa - Hey... I turn the big 3-5 in May. I am running a 1/2 marathon to celebrate that I still look younger than my age. I still have people asking if I just graduated college. OK, seriously, I have crows feet by my eyes... people must just be blind!!!

Mel - Thank goodness the kayaks are OK. I just know that is something that would happen to me. I was in shock when I read about it. I would have freaked!!

OK... I need to work before I leave for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krista: the cat we've had for a year now and who was sleeping on my side of the bed all along, has decided that she wants to sleep on DH side of the bed. Which is OK with me but I find it ironic that I'm telling DH the same things he's been telling me for a year. Just move her. Yeah, right. She comes back, hunkers down in a position even worse than before!! Our second cat is not a good enough citizen to sleep out in the house yet. When he is it'll be "Katy bar the door" b/c there won't be room enough on a king size bed for all of us!!

Judy: sorry to hear DH has a bad knee right now. Send some good vibes :goodvibes his way that it heals quickly.

Minnie: congrats on the last day at the old job and let us hear how the new one goes!

Mel: good luck with the Sarasota Half! I'll want to hear all about it!

Today will be my LR after work. Yesterday was a short cardio to keep my muscles loose after a weight workout with my trainer. Who knows what the weather holds here. I just know I can't run outside yet. Too much ice and slush right now. I hope we get some warmer weather to melt it soon. But, my luck, probably not.

Good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend! Let us hear the results.

Hey there fellow WISH team members!!

Well, I am back from Lake Placid, it was a lot of fun!! I was having so much fun I didn't want to leave. At least I don't have to go back to work until monday, so I have the next few days to rest and relax.

I went out for a run this morning. It was a little bit cold but not too bad, but it was so WINDY!!!! I did 3.5 miles in 34:30 with an average pace of 9:49. I was happy with my workout, especially since I haven't run since last sunday.

It is amazing how much you can miss on these boards just by missing a few days, so I am going to try to catch up a little bit!

Kevin--:bday: --I hope you had a great day on your birthday!

Stephanie--You are going to do great in your race next week!! You are so ready for it and you will do awesome!

Helen--sorry to hear that your foot is not feeling better. I hope the water running works for you! I have never done it but I know people that have done it and they love it!!!

Mike(goofyguy)--great pace in your workout! That is impressive especially with the black ice! Keep up the good work!!

Christa--Great workout for you as well....your pace is not so bad either!! You are doing great!

Lynnda--Glad to hear you are doing well! That six weeks will fly by and the baby will be here before you know it!

Angie-SHORT WINTER!! lol, I feel like winter lasts forever up here in the Northeast! I will take that warmer weather anyday, you could always send it up here our way!! BTW-Congrats on the new job!!

TxAng---I went to the gym a few weeks back at 9 at night, and I couldn't believe how crowded it was! I kept thinking don't these people have anything better to do at this hour, but then I asked myself the same question!! HAHA!!

Mike (optimator)--great job on your run! Great pace for the conditions you spoke about, I wish I could run that fast.

Kim--I love CSI too...I missed last nights though, and it sounds like it was a good one, oh well, I will have to catch it on the re-runs.

Well, I know I missed some people, and I apologize. I will catch up more later on.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Judy - :wizard: for Charlie's knee!

MelR - that kayak story does sound like something that would happen to us! I always have some dramtic story going on. I am glad nothing terribly serious happened!

Sunny - you & your graph crack me up! :lmao: Seeing how I do relatively little at work, maybe I should start doing things like that...

Minnie - try to enjoy your last day. A new job is so exciting!

Jen & Mel - my terror is right behind your kiddos. Zack will be 4 at the end of June.

Mel - "accidently" go to WDW? I hate you! ;)

Anne - If you are lurking, I've been thinking of you! I know you are super busy. Pop in here when you can.

What is up with all you crazy Crocs people? :confused3 :crazy2: :rotfl:

And I have nothing to contribute about the crazy animals either since I am deathly allergic to any animal! In fact, just got my 3 monthly allergy shots yesterday. EVERYONE has animals, and I can't hang out too long at their houses. :sad1:

I do have to say...that when a really hot guy gets on the treadmill next to you at the gym...it's a little distracting! :teeth:
(I can look, I just can't touch!)

Leana - What brings you down this way? I have a confession to make...I've never been to the Salt Lick. I know, I know, I'm a terrible Austinite! :sad2:

Just coming for a visit to see old friends. One of them got me a ticket to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in San Antonio as bribery to come back for a visit. Since my training for the Minnie officially starts next week I need to be sure to get my runs in - so I'm definitely going to Town Lake. You have to check Salt Lick out though - so yummy!

Good afternoon,

Well, I almost made it to workout yesterday at our park district while ds's were at baseball. Anyway, one step out of the car and down I went on a big patch of ice! Yep, that's right I fell right on my luckily padded butt and my not so padded left elbow. My elbow is quite bruised, and I am stiff and sore all over. oh yeah, I did feel quite silly too! Needless to say, I missed my workout. Today I shall rest, and tomorrow I am hoping to still do 3miles but I will do them nice and slow.

I find it very difficult to keep up with all of you, and am worried I already spend to much time on the computer rather than with the kiddos, so I am afraid I have no chance of staying caught up!:) :surfweb:

I just wanted to stay accountable since I am sure it is the only thing that keeps me from throwing in the towel!

Here's to great workouts this weekend.
Maggie

Krista - You go from 4 inch heals to crocs??? WOW. :lmao: I do think the Mary Janes are cute! I love shoes!

Krista - You go from 4 inch heals to crocs??? WOW. :lmao: I do think the Mary Janes are cute! I love shoes!

Yes. :blush: That's how I can handle wearing big heeled shoes, I balance them out with Crocs. :teeth:

Okay, I just cleared my desk for the day, but it's only 3:30, so now I have time to go back and read the thread and post.

Christa - Hey... I turn the big 3-5 in May. I am running a 1/2 marathon to celebrate that I still look younger than my age. I still have people asking if I just graduated college. OK, seriously, I have crows feet by my eyes... people must just be blind!!!
OK... I need to work before I leave for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen, You totally look young!
Today I was at DDs school (it goes to 12th grade) and I had a teacher tell me to get back to class!:rotfl: I had on a hat, but OUT OF CONTROL! I did not respond at 1st b/c I did not know she was talking to me. Then she got all ill (that means mad in southern) because I, being a student, was disrespecting her.:lmao: When I figgured out what was going on, I lifted my hat and let her know I was a parent. SHe was really embarrassed.:confused3

Kim - I love CSI too! We CANNOT miss it or else!:scared1: I think I could be a CSI...if I did not have a gag reflex.:eek:

I think I may have a date night tonight with DH! MIL is keeping the girls and we are going out with another couple. COOL!

I LOVE CROCS AFTER A RUN!

Judy - Mystic is a dog (lab/chow/shepherd/husky - also known as a mutt - all 60lbs of her).
We went through Mystic on our one and only trip through New England (long before we had this dog) - would love to spend more time there!

Lily - Mystic was Mitzi when we adopted her, but we quickly decided we couldn't live with a Mitzi so we changed it to Mystic the second day.
DH and I could do a date night tonight too, since DD is going to a party, but I'll bet we end up going to bed early instead!

Sunny - Your graph is just too much! As for the Garmin, you just need to come visit the warmer southern states and run with us...

Maggie - Ouch! I hope you're not even more sore tomorrow. I took the dog for a run a few months ago, and we got tangled and I ended up taking a really bad tumble but decided to run anyway. I think it actually kept me from being more sore than I would have, at least in my knees. My shoulder hurt like h---! Good luck!

Christa - Too funny that she thought you were a student! I am grateful that most of DD's friends say I look like I'm in my 30's, when I'm mid-40's, but I don't think I'll EVER be mistaken for a student.

For all you Croc wearers - I have really narrow feet and have been really skeptical that they'll fit well enough. Do any of you have narrow feet and like them anyway?

Have a great weekend!

Jackie

I got my LR in before DM brought home DS from his "Grammy Camp".

12 miles in 2:32, avg pace= 12:41. I did straight 1% with 3 hills at:
start for .75 @ 2.5%
4.0 for .75 @ 2.5%
7.0 for .5 @ 2.5%

I have a question about hills on a TM. If 1% simulates road running, then to simulate a 2.5% hill should I be at 3.5%?

Kristi-- A guy from work ran Applefest last Fall with his 305. I'm going to get the elevation info and make another graph:p

I'll catch up later. I'm supposed to be playing Monopoly right now.

Sunny

I think I may have a date night tonight with DH! MIL is keeping the girls and we are going out with another couple. COOL!

I have date tonight...in fact I'm on it right now. Most every Friday night DW and I go out while DD is at gymnastics. That is the joy of having DS16, we don't have to haul him around.

Maybe I should pay attention to what DW is saying.....or I could keep posting and drinking wine. :cool1:

Just so you don't think I'm a total ****** DW is sitting here at the gym talking to another gym mom.

The best part of the night was our trip to the bike store. I get a new road bike for my birthday. :banana: :banana:

DS and I were to go to S. Florida diving this weekend. Weather turned windy so we cancelled.

Instead we are doing a local 5K and 10K Saturday morning. So much for my rest week. I have to go out in the morning and beat DS on two short races.

Maybe I can just say that I'm still recouping from the Marathon on Sunday. :thumbsup2

After the races Saturday we are meeting some friends for dinner at Disney Vero.

DS has been checking Targets for the Garmin deal, but have not found it yet. We will try some near Vero tomorrow.

I have a question about hills on a TM. If 1% simulates road running, then to simulate a 2.5% hill should I be at 3.5%?

Kristi-- A guy from work ran Applefest last Fall with his 305. I'm going to get the elevation info and make another graph:p
I didn't know about the 1% thing! Man, these treadmills are tricky! ;)

Funny you should mention Applefest tonight. I am gathering all my scrapbooking supplies to go to my all day crop tomorrow. Since I am so incredibly unorganized, I am scrapping things all over the years and will put them in an album in order later. ANYWAY, I got together the pics of Chad from Applefest, his bib & pin to scrap tomorrow. I am going to make a race album for each of us. I have my Disneyland half pics too - if I could just find that pesky bib!

I am off to find all Chad's old Disney race bibs to scrap, and any other memoribilia....too late to print more pics since my HP paper says I have to wait a week before putting pics in an album. Weird. :confused3 Hmmm....I guess I just have to scrap pics from Goo Goo Dolls concerts! :rotfl:

And I totally blew off doing my xt today since tomorrow I am gone all day. I should be nice & rested for my 7 miles on Sunday though. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter