• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk of Feb 18--WISH Walking/Running Club

Hey Team - I took the girls to swim class and got in my "LR"... which was only 3 miles today.. BUT CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

3 Miles in 33:53
Mile 1: 10:50
Mile 2: 11:35
Mile 3: 11:27

WHAT?????????????? 10:50... I had to double check to make sure I really did the full mile. I have never ever ever ran that fast. I was doing R5/W1. It was amazing and I am flying high right now!!! Maybe those 10 pounds I lost are making me speedier!

Kristi - I did my 3 miles on the RollerDerby track. I figured that since it is snowing out there wouldn't be anyone there. I was wrong. The track is 3 narrow lanes and when 2 people walk side by side, it is really hard to get around them.

Colleen - I was wondering where you have been. :wave:

To all the Croc lovers - DH's came in the mail today, I should get mine next week. Each of my girls have a pair and they love them. It's amazing how a gardening shoe became so trendy!!!

Have a great day everyone. We are in the middle of a snow storm, so I am staying home now. DH has a dinner tonight, so the girls and I are making homemade pizza's and playing Disney DVD Bingo!

Jen - Your times are AMAZING!

Matt - Good luck this weekend.

Just got back from my LR - ran 5.2 miles for the very first time! Splits were:
12:06
12:39
12:27
13:19
12:51
It may be warm here compared to what most of you are running in (probably 48 degrees when I started), but my lungs do NOT like the weather. I tried the 4R/1W that I've been doing, but felt like I was dying after about 20 minutes. Finally decided on 3R/2W and didn't sound like a freight train coming through! Sad that two weeks ago my avg was closer to 11:30, but accepted the fact that this was my first "stonker!" At least I did it - figured that's what really mattered.

Jackie

WEll, we had an hour break in the weather today--so we got out on the road w/o too much rain. Weird to have a warm rain in February! Now we've got to deal with the tornado warnings--ick! Anyway, my foot felt really good through the first 2.5miles and then screamed at me for around 200ft (steep decline), almost thought I was going to have to quit. But once the terrain leveled off no more yelling from the appendage! And, running partner did short our 6 miles--only did 5.5, and I certainly wasn't going to add the other .5 just for "good measure"!;)

Splits
Mile 1 9:12
Mile 2 9:02
Mile 3 8:48
Mile 4 8:46
Mile 5 8:41
last 0.56 4:43
Total 49:14 ave 8:56 pace

Now it's rest time--couple of short runs this week, nad then race day next Sunday!:scared1: It's amazing to think of where I was about 5 months ago, and now I'm going to run 26.2 miles next weekend! Thanks team for being so supportive and inspirational--getting me to lace up and get out! You guys are the greatest!:thumbsup2 Now off to make some "taper madness" cookies with DD!:rotfl:

Just a quick training update: Did my LR of 5 miles today finished in 54:09 with an average pace of 10:47. I ended up jogging the first 2.5 miles, and then I had to walk a bit so I ended up walking the next 1.5 miles before jogging the last mile. I just wasn't feeling it today, oh well, at least I finished the whole distance which I was happy about.

Great job to all those who got in workouts today, looks like everyone is doing a great job!

Good luck to those doing races this weekend! I always look forward to reading about everyone's races, it gets me more excited for my upcoming races!!

Enjoy the day!

3 Miles in 33:53
Mile 1: 10:50
Mile 2: 11:35
Mile 3: 11:27

WHAT?????????????? 10:50...

Colleen - I was wondering where you have been. :wave:

Jen, yeah, I have been in the dumps lately, I think I really had a case of burnout after Goofy. That along with DH being away on business so much has been really hard. I really haven't had much to report training-wise, but hope to get back into it soon.

By the way.....10:50!! That is so awesome!!!:dance3: Congrats on your weight loss!

Stephanie, awesome pace!! Good luck on your race next weekend, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Colleen

Hey everyone once again i cant write too much i have a no notice trip for 4 days to NJ tomorrow for work. But an update on me is i have been running with a group in training for a 1/2 and today we ran/walked fast 13.1 miles. the 1/2 is i think march 9th. im sorry i havent gotten to write much i promise once im back ill be back in full swing. have a great weekend and week

Boy the weather guys were way off we were supposed to have thunderstorms and it turned into an ice storm :scared1: Thankfully I live in the country and we still have power. However the town I live closest too the power is out all over town. We've heard 24-48 hrs before it is back up :eek:

It is beautiful out but very very dangerous. Trees are down all over.

:wizard: That our power remains on!!!!!

Walked on my tm for an hour today and did some strecthes afterwards. I had planned to workout after work, but man the center was packed, so many kids in the pool and most of the machines were in use, so I said forget it. I'm so thankful to have my own treadmill!

Lynnda- Are you still planning on running your 5K today? Have fun and good luck if you are.

Thanks for asking! I must admit I chickened out, though. :blush: Instead, DS and I cheered for Daddy, who did great!!! :thumbsup2 I'll let him do his own race report, but he ran really well. Yea DH!!! ;)

Everyone is doing so well on their runs, and the paces are moving down! Keep up the great work!!! :cool1:

I'll check in with you all later tonight.

:) Lynnda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter