• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk of Feb 11--WISH Walking/Running Club

I just updated the WISH Team calendar (helping out Ashley here). At the request of one of our Team mates, I've also made it a sticky for the Events thread. It will appear at the top of the list of threads and hopefully will be helpful for those interested.

So much for Friday Date Night :lmao:

Will try to read some unless DH is looking to enjoy some evening time.

Hey, Karen -- are you doing the Spring Lake 5? It may already be close to full, so if you haven't registered send me a PM and I'll send you the online code if you need it.

Hi Cam,

Yep....I mailed in mine, John's, & Sean's registrations on around Feb. 3rd. Hopefully they received them. It always makes me a bit nervous mailing in registrations.....we don't have the most reliable mail service. :confused3 I look forward to seeing you & Howard again. When it gets closer, we'll have to try & set up a meet. Isn't there someone else that was planning on doing the Spring Lake 5? Laurie...I think?

Enjoy your weekend!

Because I am lame and have NOTHING to do on a Friday night....and I am sick...I updated my Blog with my WDW 07 race report...yeah, it is about time. If anyone cares it has this years and the Goofy from last year on it.

Click on my training page at the bottom then the 2nd post on that thread has my blog site.

Kristi – Sounds like the best job ever! Well, except for the having to be there in the middle of the night part. Have fun at Disney on Ice!

Laurie – Are you feeling any better?

Stephanie – Wow, sounds like y’all are really raking in the loot with that race packet! Best of luck tomorrow!

Kim – Sorry to hear that your friend has been having such a tough time. That's just the pits.

Craig – Yup, we’re driving. DH and I really prefer driving to flying if at all possible. Sounds like the Orlando drive won’t be too bad – actually a little shorter than Austin to Anaheim, which we’ve done several times (it’s the same thing there, too – you celebrate getting into California, and find that there are still another 4 hours of driving to go!)

Cam – Ooh, lavender? Mine was boring old white. Sorry you’ve had such a rough week!

CJ – That’s a great saying!

Christa – Feel better soon!

Best of luck to everyone who's racing this weekend!

I'm still on :cloud9: since getting my vacation approval. Think I'll stay this excited for the next 11 months? I think my family and friends might get a little tired of having me jumping around like a 5-year-old! :lmao:

Karen -- yes, Laurie, Howard and I and your family are the ones I know about so far. Go post on the events/WISHer calendar thread to get yourself added to the SL5 date. :hug:

Sorry for the prolonged absence WISHers!
Between working Tuesday and Wednesday and the weather and errands, and etc...I have been a lotta busy.
Well....my days of running in the cold weather, avoiding ice and snow, cursing at fogged up glasses (at least before I cat crapped them), and what not are over. I went out and bought a treadmill today. Between getting it in the house, putting it together, and cleaning up the packaging afterwards, you can count that as XTing. But I still got in 2 miles on it for a time of 30 min. I figured this would be a decent start. This way I can get up a little earlier in the mornings before work and catch a slow gazelle for breakfast (yeah I caught that AWESOME quote as I skimmed through) before getting ready for work...or I can get in a 2-3 miler after work before bed. So I'm pretty happy with it.
Cam, Karen, John, and Sean - Good Luck with your training for the Sping Lake 5!

Tiger Lily- Heres to hoping your epidural keeps you pain free (or greatly reduced pain) for a long time.

Jim and Craig - I've been there with the whole crappy workplace as well. I was promoted,tranferred, then left the company because it went south in many ways very fast (my wife refers to it as the dark years) and I had to "tear" my oldest son from his friends (I still remember his tears as we told him we were moving). But talking about it later on helped him realize how difficult it was for us at that moment to stay where we were.

Well I have to be getting to bed now, work this weekend and I have to get up early. Happy Training!

Andrew

:cheer2: Have great races this weekend, duanerice/Duane at the Edison Festival of Lights 5K, nucpharm29/Stephanie at the River Trail 15K, scuba diver/Jim at the Gasparilla Marathon, thndermatt/Matt at the Pensacola Half, and MelRhoads/Melissa with the 50K!:cheer2:

taz4disney/CJ, Thanks for that great saying!
DJBounce/Andrew, Congrats on becoming a new TM owner. Please don't use it to hang clothes on, tho. :rotfl:
TexAng/Angie, :woohoo: :woohoo: on getting your vacation approved! You'll be on :cloud9: for quite a while!!
gatorphipps/Christa,
Dude! I am so lame! I feel so bad and all I can do is sit here on the DIS Boards. DD9 has a friend over for her b-day (it was 2/14) and they are playing with the Wii! Love it! I want to play but feel too bad to do it.
:scared1: Christa, Christa, Christa!! Get thee to bed!! You are so NOT lame..you are SICK!! I know the feeling is unusual for you..HOWEVER, if it was your child, you would have them resting and drinking fluids. Do not even THINK about biking tomorrow!! R E S T!!! Having said all of that..hope this passes quickly!
Hockeychic/Kim, FANTASTIC!!!:jumping1:

Got my eight miles done today, as we leave for NO tomorrow. I felt like I was flying because I was actually wogging quite a bit of the time. However, Garmin says otherwise.:confused3 I can only HOPE that the half marathon weather is going to be chilly! It was just great to be out there and feeling good. Be safe with your training this weekend, team!! :goodvibes Anne

Thanks Judy! I am actually feeling a bit better today, so I hope to get to the gym right after work, before heading to the Devils-Penguins game tonight!
I am actually a big Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan, so I am pulling for him. But, I think Tony Stewart is going to win, he looks good! Needless to say, I will need to get my LR in tomorrow or early Sunday, cause once the race starts on Sunday, there will be no exercising! :rolleyes1

So we have some race fans here?

I went to the truck race last night at DIS. Great race and an excellant finish. Three trucks crossing the finish line at the same time!

Unfortnately I will not be attending the 500 this weekend. They scheduled it the same weekend as Gasparilla marathon. How dare they!:lmao: DS says we will be stopping at Wide World of Sports to watch the race. Great idea.

They are still saying there are some tickets available. The weather is nice so come on down! :)

Thanks for all the well wishs for Sunday's race. Same to everyone else running this weekend. I just wish I was going to look as good as Stephanie since she bought out the running store. :lmao:

This is going to be DS16 first 1/2 marathon. Since he is 16 he does not believe there is any reason to train. Oh to be young again. The last long run he did was a 20K in early January. He learned how difficult long runs can be, but he did not learn enough to go out and train for a 1/2.

He will be running with some people from my local running club so that should help him get through it. At least he is willing to get up at 5 am and line up at 6 am in 45 degree weather and strart the race with me. We will be on the same course for 8 miles. I'll take 8 miles with him. That will be fun. :yay:

My public statement of my goals for Gasparilla:
1. Finish the race uninjuried and with a short recovery time.
2. Enjoy the experience. The first 8 miles will be with friends, the last 10 miles along the Bay, and most of it in the sun and cool temps. A perfect day for a race. It's about the journey not the time!
3. Finish in 4:55.
4. Be home before the Daytona 500 finishes so we are not caught in the hours of traffic jams.

Have a great weekend!

Good Luck on all your races everyone! I can't wait to read the reports!

I am trying to decide if I am a lion or a gazelle. What I really want to be is a black bear because then I would be curled up asleep instead of bracing myself for another run in subfreezing temps.

I hope everyone has a great day - get your training done early so you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

Cecilia

Jim-

The organizers of the Gasparilla race really should have thought about all those race fans and scheduled around the race! That wasn't very nice of them! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Haha-race fan would be an understatement, I have been addicted to NASCAR coverage this week!! I went to the 500 two years ago and had a blast! We were going to go this year, but the airfare was just so expensive, and we wanted to go to a new race this season, so we are heading to Martinsville, VA the last weekend of March.

Good Luck at Gasparilla on Sunday!!! Just think that once you are done, you can go and watch the 500!! Enjoy!!

I am getting very excited about Gasparilla tomorrow!!!! I think it's kind of funny that that the temp at finish will be just a little bit cooler than the temp at start of Disney 1/2 :scared1: That was HOT!!!

Of course now the dilemma of what to wear. I always run in shorts, worried that pants will be too hot, even at start temp of 40 ish. But to a Floriday girl, 40 is cold!!:worried: Now I know all of our sub zero running friends are laughing at me :rotfl: and I don't blame you!! We actually seem to have our best runs when it is BRISK out !!

Our goal is to finish in 2:10!!!! We will see!

Thank you so much to everyone for the best wishes over the last week. Sorry I do not have to time to catch up with everyone!! More homework to do!:surfweb:

Angie

:cheer2: angietuck2/Angie,:cheer2: for Gasparilla! Certainly did not mean to leave you out!! I'm in north FL..wear shorts! Your legs will warm up shortly..especially since you want to finish in 2:10! Is there a baggage drop? Have some longer pants waiting for you? Have FUN!! :goodvibes Anne

Good Morning WISH Team Members!

I am still not feeling 100%, I can't seem to kick this cough, it has been almost 2 weeks, although I am feeling a bit better each day, so that is good. I did manage to get a TM workout in yesterday. I did 3 miles in 29:25 with an average pace of 9:40. I was very happy with my time, I was actually surprised that i did so well, despite the fact that I still was not feeling so well. So, I will take it!!!! :cheer2:

I will get my LR in tomorrow morning early, probably will have to be on the TM(Ugh!!) since the ground outside is still rather icy from our storm the other day.

TxAng---WTG for asking about your trip!! See it wasn't so bad!! That is so great that you are going to be there with us next Jan. I am so excited for you!!
Angie--GOOD LUCK AT THE GASPARILLA RACE THIS WEEKEND!!! You will do awesome, you are so ready for the race!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
Stephanie--I hope your race went well this morning! Sounds like some great goodies you will get!! Can't wait to hear how you did!
Jen--I hope you are feeling better real soon! :wizard:
monte--sorry you had to work during the blizzard...as I would much rather be out playing in the snow instead of working.
Kim--that's great that you still lost, despite the big meal. We are all entitled to meals like that sometime.
Craig--Hope you are feeling better real soon!
Duane and Melissa--I hope your races went well this weekend also!! Can't wait to hear how you both did!!

To all those doing the Spring Lake 5---I can't wait to meet all of you that day!!! We definetely have to plan to meet up for a mini-WISH meet!

TO all those I know I missed--I hope you have a great weekend, and good luck with your training/races!

Have a great day!

Ok, so yesterday I didn't have to go to work because all roads were closed, so I was able to walk on my tm:banana: I wanted to go snowshoeing but it was white out conditions and with my luck I would have been stuck in the snow. They would have found a 47year old, 40 pds. overweight popcicle woman this morning. lol:cutie:

Oh I forget to tell you Craig, that Leadville is having a marathon on July 7th and I believe you'll be around during that time. I'll post the website when I get home.:goodvibes

Got 2 more inches last night & the snow is still coming down. Hit the TM for 3 miles (38:42 doing 8r/2w). Found another TM motivator....Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. So, keep moving forward.

CJ - Fishers, IN
1k @ a time

wish_team.jpg
fpclippie.jpg

I'm new to this board, and I'm thrilled to have found it. I love the encouragement and support everyone shares here ~ it's a great source of motivation.

Me and my DD just registered for the RFTT 10K in October because we're always looking for an opportunity to go to Disney, and it will be very rewarding considering neither of us have ever participated in an event before. We would love to try the 1/2 Marathon in 2008, but I would have to pull my DD out of school, and that's really frowned upon by the district, especially after a 2 week winter break.

I'm also using the RFTT as motivation to lose some weight and get in better shape. I can't think of a better reward ~ Disney AND good health! It's a win win! :yay:

:yay: Dream Believer :welcome: RFTT is an awesome place to start and this board is AWESOME!!!!:cool1: You will get all the support that you need and then some!! I too, always look for any reason to go to Disney!! Good luck on your training and let the fun begin. YES I RUN FOR FUN!!!

Laurie - Awesome time despite being sick!! Good luck on long run tomorrow!! TM YUCK!! At least we can run right?!:woohoo:

Angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter