• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk Of Dec 30 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Hey Team.

I can't believe it's been so many days since I checked in and even read.

Congrats to Krista and Steve. Kids are GREAT!

I did my last long run last Saturday - 18miles -- I am so brain dead I may have posted this before, but I don't think so. I had planned to do 20 but ran out of water and the neighborhood circuit I was doing required several repeats and the thought of running past the same houses with the same dogs ONE MORE TIME was just more than I could do. :) My time was pretty good -- a little slow but that included going into the library to use the bathroon without stopping the garmin, so I'm telling myself that I'm going to be okay.

We are leaving for WDW early on Wednesday morning. My family is still in shock (remember it was a Christmas present for them) and they didn't know I was doing a marathon until then, either. :goodvibes

I am so excited to be doing this. It is truly a celebration of God's faithfulness and my gift of health. It is amazing to me that I just finished chemo in April of 07 and am able to even consider this adventure. I really finished the hard stuff on October of 06, but still had 6 months of "easy" to go.

I will be wearing a "WISH" shirt -- I am toying with the idea of doing a fabric printout to attach to the back -- I had always wanted to run with my "hard chemo" countdown chart on my shirt -- that was before I discovered WISH and wanted a race team shirt.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. I don't know how much I'll be back on line between now and the time we leave. At some point I have to pack. :rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and encouragement. :grouphug:
Hope everyone has a great race.
Dona

Bill, good to see you up and about again. There is hope for your complete recovery, you just need to ease up on some of your bad habits.

No more pictures of Rosey O'Donnell in your wallet, we need to get this behind you so you can move on, trust me you are not her type. You can keep the Richard Simmons signature series leg warmers, just stop wearing them to work, the court is starting to talk.

I do believe we need to empty your memory banks and replace them with pure and positive thoughts. Starting this evening watch every season of "The Waltons", that should empty your mind. Remember Grasshopper you must first empty your cup before you can learn.

Doctor Party Panda:hippie:
nepatsfan73, I see my name mentioned here! I have to say forget Rosey!

You keep wearing those leg warmers and Proudly! I am cheering your you and think you are very special. You can get to your finish line. Keep at it.

WISH Team members, you are all so special! I am proud of all you do to help each other along. Go get them! next weekend.

More Cowbell!

I GOT MORE COWBELLS!!

I wiped out my Target. I got 6 or 7 green cowbells :cool1: I will bring them Friday to POP so people can take them!!! :banana:

Thanks to everyone for the advice. If I don't participate, believe it or not I do not mind scream teaming at all !!! I did it for RFTT and it's kind of fun to be on that side!!!!:banana: Now if only we could stay Saturday night so I cam scream team for the FULL :confused3 :rolleyes1

Gym was ok but only got to do class, not run because my gym as well is overrun with new year's resolutionists!!!:sad1: OH well. Gotta clean the house.

Exactly 5 days from now I will be getting ready to arrive at the happiest place on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!

angie

Yay COWBELL!! I have to run by Target today and see if I can find some of those. Since our Target is out in the sticks maybe they'll still have some!!

Todays run:
10 Miles - 1hr 23m 59s - avg mpm 8:23

Looks like I am not in as bad of shape as I was afraid of after taking almost the past 2 weeks off!! Now I am even more excited about next weekend!!

Dana

RICHARD SIMMONS!! :lovestruc I love Richard!! :cool1:

Went to Ballys Fitness - Discovery Health is running their annual 8 week FREE Ballys Fitness - no strings attatched pass!! ITs a good thing!!

However, any Treadmill runners out there willing to give me advice?? I ran for 45 min but only got 2.something miles in!! I will say that first 30 min I was pushing buttons like crazy, that 8.8 interval was ridiculous!! I went from 2.2 mph to 3.5 back and forth - It kinda reminded me of how it must be for me the start of the race - my heart was going crazy and I was just going to quit... but then I thought, find my pace and work it for 15 more minutes, I think I settled at 2.7 mph -

and knowing if that's it I wont make it to MK! but I'll still show up, and i"ll still give it my all!!

I spotted a Congrats to Krista & Steve and had to do some hunting but WOW! It seems we will be having a new member to the WISH Racing but in the Diaper Division!!! And a future Flying Piglet? Wooohoo!!!! Congrats!!!! I recalled having seen you were hoping but hadn't caught the post with the good news.

Congrats and all the best for a smooth 9 months!!!! :hug:

Yeah, so I did 2 miles on the TM tonight and I was TIRED!! And winded, I couldn't believe it! Good thing I read on babycenter.com that it's very easy to get winded your 1st trimester, even just walking up and down stairs, or I would have been worried that I was getting out of shape! Krista

I forget to get to Target to try to find a cow bell!!! ACK!!!
Please, if anyone has an extra, I will gladly buy it from you!
I will try to get to Target between now & Wednesday though.

Angie - I was going to say the same thing about Cam & Howard's Jenn being available to watch kiddos.... I am also a big instigator. :rolleyes1 You could always hang in the back with us walkers, ya know. We are the cool kids in the back of the bus after all! ;) And since my training has been so sporadic, I am just shooting for not being swept. I am not going to run, just walk fast. That's the plan anyway, I may get swept up in the excitement though and run some intervals when the time comes. Who knows!

Diane
- I love it! The "diaper division" and "flying piglets!" :rotfl:

I forget to get to Target to try to find a cow bell!!! ACK!!!
Please, if anyone has an extra, I will gladly buy it from you!
I will try to get to Target between now & Wednesday though.

Angie - I was going to say the same thing about Cam & Howard's Jenn being available to watch kiddos.... I am also a big instigator. :rolleyes1 You could always hang in the back with us walkers, ya know. We are the cool kids in the back of the bus after all! ;) And since my training has been so sporadic, I am just shooting for not being swept. I am not going to run, just walk fast. That's the plan anyway, I may get swept up in the excitement though and run some intervals when the time comes. Who knows!

Diane
- I love it! The "diaper division" and "flying piglets!" :rotfl:

I GOT YOUR BACK ON THE COWBELLS!!! :dance3: :thumbsup2

angie

Heading to Target in 15min -

glad to know someone's got back up!! :thumbsup2

No Cowbells at my Target. They did have those air horns tho, but DH said a big NO WAY! I did get a ton of Christmas things at 90% off.... it was an awesome amount of stuff for little moola.

I am off to do my 6 miles sometime soon. Ughhh... had fast food for lunch and I know my belly will rebel during the run!!!

I GOT MORE COWBELL! I cleaned out my Target. I also bought all the green pom poms I could find. I will bring the extras to POP on Friday to share. I also stocked up on sport beans for handing out during the races. :cool1:

Thanks Heather no cowbells at our Target, worker even typed it in the computer, nope, none here! They did have a music section, drums, guitars, tambourines, no cowbells!!

Glad your didnt get the air horn - that just might scare someone running!! And we'd have to wear ear protection!!

AWESOME AWESOME run today. I had a great pace even tho it was a short distance. After last weeks stonker 10 miler, I am now happy.

If anyone has extra cowbells, I am sure my girls would like them for cheering. Our Target was such a let down in the cowbell department!

For some reason my Targets did not have any green cowbells?! (Is there a WISHER in the North Atlanta suburbs that I don't know about?)

The final Target had red yellow and blue cowbells though. I decided to tie some ribbon on them and just do Disney colored cowbells instead of WISH cowbells. I bought extras thinking I could share, but I can't make it to POP because I have a mandatory team meeting at the same time. I can get them to the finish of the half though. I am going to look for some Disney stickers to put on them as well.

Cowbells are awesome at races but I must confess they can make me cry. I think it is just the overwhelming gratitude for the screamers....Thanks in advance.

We need more cowbell. Now how am I going to get them through the metal detectors?

Cecilia

I bought the last 5 green cow bells that were at my Target. Unfortunately, that means no extras, but HEY at least I got some right!! I also bought some of the green pom poms too!! My 2 boys have those clappers that you shake back and forth that clap for you, and I even thought about bringing the ton of New Year's Eve horn blow things... but decided that might tire people out with all the horn blowing!!

Dana

:) Me again. Still nervous. Still thinking of additional questions.
For those in the last pace group for the half, will there be people only walking? Also, for the R/Wers (or in my case the W/Rers), do most follow an interval like 3/2 or 4/ or anything? Or do most run/walk at random? Does anyone do a longer walking to running ratio?
Thanks for your help! :scared:
Lara

I love these kinda questions Lara!!

I have no idea what to ask!! :lovestruc I'm sure next year I'll be laughing at how silly I'm being this year!! :)

Oh boy, if it's questions you need, I'm your girl! My mom used to say I could come up with questions NO ONE else would think of. Then there was my dear dad's take: "You're paying interest on loans that many never come due with all your worrying!"
Anywhoo, thanks for loving my questions. I'm SO grateful for all the friendly folks here!!
:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter