• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk Of Dec 30 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Craig - OMG, you wororried me when you asked how much! I didn't hink Dr. Scott's does was max, but I was worried. Good thing we have 3 PAs, or is that 4 now? to keep us in line. ;) BTW, we're likely near the saem pace, although you'll probably kick our hineys, even injured. You're welcome to slack back iwth us.

MArtha - You will give your all because I know you adn you could do no less. Therefroe, you will embarass no one!

Dana - OMG! SO glad allis ok. Holy cow was that and aful scary holiday season!

"O" I forgot to mention how much I love the people at DisneySports. You know, the ones that set up all of these Disney races. Well... after TOT I realized that I hadn't gotten my pin that I had paid for. I thought it would be in my race packet and it wasn't, I didn't know i needed to get in a seperate line at Motion to pick it up, etc. So when I got back I emailed the people at Disney Sports and explained the situation. I never got an email back and just wrote it off as a lost cause. To be honest it was my fault for not making sure I had gotten it anyway. Well, yesterday as DH and I were cleaning the garage out (still) the UPS guy shows up with a package for me. As soon as I saw who it was from I started jumping for joy. They sent me my TOT pin!!! So, just a reminder of how cool these people are even when you think they are completely ignoring you!!

Dana

OMG you guys love to talk! :lmao: I just finished reading this week's thread. Great job to everyone who is tapering, recovering from injury, or training like a crazy man (Howard, you know who you are). I can't wait to see all of you next Friday. I will be up early to check out Target. Must find Cowbells and pom poms! Geez, that sounds a little kinky. :rotfl2:

Hey Lily, I think it's time for the WISH cheer again to get us ready for next weekend. :cheer2:

Good Morning WISH Teammates: :surfweb:

I'm waking up and fueling up to catch a 7:00am flight to DC this morning. I do have my running route all planned out once I get there though. I'm taking my tights and planning on running part of the Marine Corps Marathon course again. Have a great day, and enjoy your last LRs before the WDW Marathon.

Oh last night I stopped at Target after picking DD9 princess: at Tae Kwon Do. I had to get my lime green cowbell!

Good Morning Everyone

I have been in complete torture for about the last 20 hours or so. Some wonderful, sweet person from these boards was kind enough to offer me an extra bib for the 1/2 if I wanted to do it since I am feeling better.

I am in no WAY ready to run a 1/2 marathon, but i have a good friend who has been training to walk/run this, it's her first event like this of any kind and she is scared to death and doing it by her self and I thought hhmmm......:confused3 Maybe I could do it with her. You know how tempting this is to me ??!!

However, after my horrible 4 miler the other night my back was a little sore and after what I went through I am VERY paranoid of re-injuring :scared1:

Also there is the little thing of who would watch my kids. Anyway, I put that out there, so you guys can all talk me into doing the right thing:grouphug: Because you always do.

OK off to the gym for core, pump and a little jog. Did not find more cowbells yesterday, but WILL find some today. I think DH hid mine, he was mad when I brought them home, said they are obnoxious and will not acknowledge us when he runs by. Said he will wave to some other family and pretend like they are his. :rotfl: :rotfl:

angie

Also there is the little thing of who would watch my kids. Anyway, I put that out there, so you guys can all talk me into doing the right thing:grouphug: Because you always do.

angie

Well Cam did mention that her DD would be willing to watch kids...:rolleyes1

But that is probably not what you were looking for though. ;)

Hope your back is feeling better.

Bill

Angie--you are coming here for someone to talk you OUT of running:rotfl: But in all seriousness, take care of your back. Only you know how it really feels and what you are capable of (and at one time it was smoking me and Scott--darn those potty breaks:rotfl2: ) And, just in case, your kids are welcome with us--if they are willing to sleep on the floor!

WE NEED MORE COWBELL!!!!!

No running this morning for me--will get my last 6 in tomorrow before work. I'm fighting this darned cold too, so I really hope I don't catch something else at work today. Lots of Purell and Vit C

I GOT MORE COWBELL!!!
Found em in Raleigh. Yay! I went to 3 different Targets yesterday. Now my question is: who besides us crazy WISHers is buying up lime green cowbells?!?

Angie - I am sure you are tempted, but please be sure that if your back is really ready for this before you decide to do the half. Also, I think you'd have to go in with the attitude that if it starts to hurt, you'd have to drop out rather than risking re-injuring it. We want you there at full strength in 2009!

Off to work this morning, then hopefully I'll get a run this afternoon. Enjoy your weekend!
Renee

I have a gigantic jingle bell, about 3 inches in diameter that I will be bringing. I LOVE this idea. WISH team mates will hear us before they see us!

So for those of us who fell off the weekly thread bandwagon while in various other countries, can I get a rundown of the times/events for the WISH gatherings marathon weekend? We'll probably make it to most of them! (might want to make it a sticky I might not be the only clueless one! ;) )

Target has cowbell!!! :rotfl2: Not here I'm sure, but I'll check out the kid section!!

I was thinking that restaurant Cracker Barrel may have something!! I think I have some obnoxious tamborine (every time one of the kids find it I have to repossess the noisy thing!! :rotfl2: Perfect for cheering tho!!)

4 more sleeps till we hit the WORLD!!! Weather looks perfect!!

:cool1: In case you need a laugh....here's the cowbell skit ;)

http://www.jibjab.com/view/143503

This morning I'm off to teach a pilates class...I also need to get a little cardio in at some point. I think anyway ;). My little one and I have a girl scout outing today as well. Gonna' be a busy day!!!!

Angie...wow...soooo tempting. But I'll just say what everyone else is. Definitely weight the risks v. benefits. I know how though how hard it will be to stand on the sidelines this year. :hug: PD for your decision.

Dave...safe travels to DC!!!! Have fun running in the city :)

Dana: OMG!!! What a scary situation. :hug: Glad everyone is fine!!! And awesome news about your pin. :goodvibes

Kristi: Sometimes we feel like we're still 20 but the body doesn't react the same with the drinks. :headache: Hope you got well enough to enjoy the concert :). Sounds like a fun time despite the one little evening. How often do you think that happens in the cabs in vegas???? ALL the time I bet. :laughing:

So for those of us who fell off the weekly thread bandwagon while in various other countries, can I get a rundown of the times/events for the WISH gatherings marathon weekend? We'll probably make it to most of them! (might want to make it a sticky I might not be the only clueless one! ;) )

Here ya go.

WISH Marathon Meets

For those of us up north, from snow areas and from Europe, maybe the cowbells will give a psychological cooling effect as they could help with the mental imaging of a downhill ski or speed skating race. Of course, for the more rural WISHers, the cowbells may create the feeling of a stampede, thereby inducing the the "Run like the wind Bulls-Eye" effect.

Will any of the percussion WISHlets be giving cowbell lessons at the Pop meet? If so, maybe someone could video it and post it on You-Tube for future reference, training and use at other events throughout the year.

I think it may be time for another session with **Dr. Panda**. Just think, I'm not even in taper-mode.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL. :rotfl: :laughing:

Good Morning friends. :surfweb:

Temps here are getting up to around 48 today. I may take it to the road this afternoon for a run. Have a good one. By this time next week, the half, should be one for the record books.

Happy taper! Judy, this means you!

For those of us up north, from snow areas and from Europe, maybe the cowbells will give a psychological cooling effect as they could help with the mental imaging of a downhill ski or speed skating race. Of course, for the more rural WISHers, the cowbells may create the feeling of a stampede, thereby inducing the the "Run like the wind Bulls-Eye" effect.

For me, cowbells evoke the immortal "We Need More Cowbell" Saturday Night Live skit with Will Farrell and Christopher Walken.

http://www.jibjab.com/view/143503 (the link again, if you didn't catch Amy's earlier :thumbsup2 )

Rock on WISH Team!

I think it may be time for another session with **Dr. Panda**. Just think, I'm not even in taper-mode.

Bill, good to see you up and about again. There is hope for your complete recovery, you just need to ease up on some of your bad habits.

No more pictures of Rosey O'Donnell in your wallet, we need to get this behind you so you can move on, trust me you are not her type. You can keep the Richard Simmons signature series leg warmers, just stop wearing them to work, the court is starting to talk.

I do believe we need to empty your memory banks and replace them with pure and positive thoughts. Starting this evening watch every season of "The Waltons", that should empty your mind. Remember Grasshopper you must first empty your cup before you can learn.

Doctor Party Panda:hippie:

Maybe if the WISHing cowbellers are successful enough next weekend, we could petition WDW to make seasonal endurance event refurbs for the "Cowbell-Rock 'n Roller Coaster.". They could just replace the Aerosmith video and sound track with the SNL one.

Bill, good to see you up and about again. There is hope for your complete recovery, you just need to ease up on some of your bad habits.

No more pictures of Rosey O'Donnell in your wallet, we need to get this behind you so you can move on, trust me you are not her type. You can keep the Richard Simmons signature series leg warmers, just stop wearing them to work, the court is starting to talk.

I do believe we need to empty your memory banks and replace them with pure and positive thoughts. Starting this evening watch every season of "The Waltons", that should empty your mind. Remember Grasshopper you must first empty your cup before you can learn.

Doctor Party Panda:hippie:

Thanks Doc. At least we're starting with the easier to break bad habits. Can I replace Rosie with Roseanne, or should I try it cold turkey?

Night John Boy, Mary Ellen, Jim Bob, Pa, Grandma, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter