• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk Of Dec 30 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
araishin Chet FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
cguill Chuck MO
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
DiRTyBuNNy TN
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyluv
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
EPCOTDUDE Bob NJ
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
Jodi Jodi CT
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
Larahb Lara PA
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
MyZoeJane Ali IL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
plutopdx OR
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
princessrunner Lisa ME
Pungodingy Angie NH
rake5 Rachael WA
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
Sabrina Mouse Sabrina MD
Sandy321 Sandy IL
sap1227 Christy FL
sara74 Sara CT
sassparillo
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Villains Rock Eva OH
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC
Zoesmama03 Melissa AZ

Just wanted to add :grouphug: for Lilly

Thinking of you today...

Lily--so sorry for your loss--another cyber hug coming your way:hug:

Angie--if you do decide to get a running belt, make sure to try it out before race day--some rub funny, or bounce with the bottle--don't want any unforseen issues during your big day! I have an Amphipod, one bottle that fits in the curve of your back--like it but the pocket is very small. DH has the Amphipod with the 2 smaller bottles that sit upright on his sides. I like it that it's pocket is much bigger--big enough for keys, camera, tickets, etc.

Well, my workout today has been scrapped. DH had to work again today. By the end of today he will have worked 60hrs in the past 4 days!:scared1: Poor guy is like a walking zombie--needless to say he hasn't had any training since the 20 mile weekend. I might try to hit the gym this afternoon, but since they only have childcare for a limited time, it will be crazy when I could go.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Time for some Wii crosstraining--DD has become a pro at bowling (yes, she is only 4) and loves to beat mommy.

I have no training to report for this weekend...taking the taper thing very seriously ;)

We drove to Orlando yesterday for a daytrip at MK/EPCOT. Major crowds with some new crowd control implementation that I hope they continue. Best part was the UF Gator Band led the 3pm parade!

Lily...so sorry to hear about your puppy. :grouphug:

As for weather, it's currently 73 degrees here with 93% humidity. There is a cold front predicted for next week but it will only last a couple days. We're scheduled to be back to high 70s by next weekend. There could easily be another cold front for race weekend, but those have been few and far between this year.

I have a request for those who will be scream-teaming for either race (particularly the full). Please bring extra supplies for the runners if you can. Last year, we were at YC with extra Powerade, cups, sports beans, gels and I forget what else. I would say the best idea was the Stroke team coach next to us who passed out ice to anyone who wanted it. I don't have a clue where he got it, but we might want to try to set something like this up if it looks like it will be this warm for race weekend. I have two coolers on wheels that I can bring and fill with ice. Maybe we could borrow some freezer space from those of you staying at BCV.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Good afternoon everyone!

Hoping everyone is having a great Sunday.

At 0530 this morning it was 67 degreed and 100% humidity. So, the crappy weather relegated me to the TM.

12 scheduled, 10 completed. Couldn't stand staying on that thing any longer. Nothing significant to report.

Liily - Good thoughts continuing for you and your family.

Hi All,
just got back from a week at Disney. We rented a 6 bedroom house and I can't say enough good things about the trip. We've never done this before as we have always stayed on property. Crowds were manageable until Thursday. Even Christmas day wasn't too bad although they did close Magic Kingdom. I knew better than to go there on Christmas. Had a wonderful time except when walking through the parks or driving into the parks I was always thinking, hmmm next time I am here I will be running these same routes.

Weather was perfect for the parks, but not for running. Mid to high 70's or low 80's everyday. It was great for our family that came down from Wisconsin and New York.

Today was a hot and humid 10 miles. It was brutal. I know it is probably mental, but this was a tough 10 miles! It is supposed to get cooler this Wednesday but only for a few days. I sure hope we luck out and get a break in the weather.

Sorry I haven't caught up but I'll go back and read the prior posts. Lilly, not sure what happened but it doesn't sound good. I have a real soft spot for dogs and hate to see anything bad happen to them.

enjoy,
Duane

Today, I decided to test out my knee and do a little running. I used the jog 3 walk 2 plan for the first four miles and felt GREAT!!!! Then I decided to take it easy a little and do jog 2 walk 3 for the last 4 miles and felt Great as well! My knee felt great..no pain to report! So, that is 8 miles in the book!!! Good thing is that I didn't even feel tired, I could have gone further but I didn't want to push it since my IT band has been feeling good.

I hope everyone is enjoying the taper period!! We are almost there!

Lily--so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Hang in there.

BCV Here - I'm willing to share space - but I only have a studio - We're going to try and just do carry ons, so I wasnt planning on bringing our cooler - I'll ask dh what he thinks (in terms of luggage!!)

Do we buy extra powerade, gels, and beans? I just found some red beans, I've never tried them, but I thought they'd be a better option for me than powerade (and of course I'm only doing the half! But I'd like to help as many as I can, dh is running the full)

What about wash cloths and cold water to pass out - do you think bcv would have a problem borrowing some of their towels??? :rolleyes1

Hi everyone :goodvibes

Oh Lily I am soooo sorry to hear about your pup. That is just horrible. Hang in there :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Anyone else have a nasty stomach bug that just won't go away??? I ended up waking up the day after Xmas with this and it just won't leave :headache: Spending most of my 4 day weekend on the couch or well you can guess :sad2:

On the positive note although I won't be running the 1/2 this year I will be in Orlando during the time period for a conference for work :cool1: So I'll be thinking about all of you that weekend :wizard: :yay:

Minnie: My DS6 has named it "rotten cheese belly", why we do not know but I think it aptly describes it. :hug: For you cuz DH and DD13 have it now and I had it right after DS. He was so nice to share with us all. Get better soon.

Laurie: :woohoo: for you and getting back into it. I had an awesome run yesterday (8 also) so I am glad to hear someone else is on the recovery road with me!!!

Lily: More :grouphug: for you as you probably cannot get enough right now. I was thinking of you as I skied with my 2 dogs today. Okay, one more... :grouphug:

Today was a rest day but as I got new skate skis for Xmas and had not tried them yet, and we just got fresh snow, and the trails were fresly dragged...yep I did it. Only a couple miles and nice and slow but I have to say it was awesome skiing and it is completely beautiful in the woods today. Snow on the trees, bright sunshine and 36 degrees. It is as close to paradise as I can think of right now. I hope everyone else enjoys their day and workout too!!! Only 10 more days and I will be in WDW!!!!! :dance3:

Good morning WISH team mates! :surfweb:

This morning's 2 hour run made up for last week's really, really bad stonker. I was flying! I tried to slow down but it wasn't happening. So I just ran. It was 11 miles, easy. What couldn't I have had THAT run last weekend!?!!

Lily: still sending warm hugs and gentle thoughts to you and your family.

Stephanie: sorry your workout was scrapped but more sorry that DH has had to work so much these past few days! Yuck and yucky for the family. Hope he gets some relief soon and you get to the gym soon too!

Big Vic: WTG on the TM run! I know it wasn't 12 but it sure was 10 and you should feel good about it.

Mel: I really like your idea for scream team folks. I'm happy to bring whatever I can.

Minnie: so sorry to hear about the upset stomach but please do NOT share it with me!! I don't want it. Some folks in our office have had upset stomachs and others have had colds that seem to linger forever. I hear them cough from quite a distance. Isn't fun.

princessrunner: glad to hear the skiing was good. Looking forward to being in WDW soon too!

Calcio: :hug: :love2:

Hope everyone has a great workout day! 2 weeks from right now and it will be over! I will have done it. :scared:

Hello, WISHers!

First off, big :grouphug: for Lily. So sad! I am afraid for my little dog as we are surrounded by woods.

Today my training consisted of XT - washing all the wood floors, cleaning bathrooms and cleaning out the attic. I have a HUGE pile of trash. I guess I'll have to sneak out a little every week with the normal stuff so I don't have to haul it all to the dump.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get out and run. It's supposed to be 61 here, so it would be a good time to get used to running in a bit warmer weather again. That hot Florida weather is really freaking me out! :scared1:

Happy tapering and training, all!
Renee

Well, I ended up needing to get out of the house this afternoon, so I headed to the gym. Luckily for me, when I got there the cardio floor was practically empty. Ended up with 95minutes, 10.01 miles; with 25min at race pace. Felt good, but glad it's over! 2 weeks from now I'll be enjoying the end of my dinner at Rose and Crown (assuming I can walk!)

Martha--so glad to hear that you had a good run today!:thumbsup2

Just doing a quick check-in. No training to speak of today. I did walk 2 miles, but mainly to loosen up. My legs and back were a little tight from yesterday's r/w. I may have to switch to xt tomorrow, as they are calling for rain (not running in the rain unless I ahve to on race day!:rolleyes: )

Terri

ok, feeling negative again...decided to try and get a fuel belt rushed to me so I can break it in, but cannot find one that will fit (how embarassing) any other larger women out there that can point me in the right direction? how good/bad are the handheld ones? (that would fit me)

thanks!

Hey team, Colleen "princessmomma" here, I had to start a new account because for the life of me, I forgot the "unforgetable" password to my DIS account and then realized the email account I signed up in 2001 is the one I had in Canada just before we moved to NC.:sad2:

If anyone has any ideas how to contact a techie to retrieve my account please let me know.

We drove back from Fort Myers yesterday, wow, Florida is a BIG state, it took us forever to get home.:sad2:

We waved to Duane in Fort Myers as we left, Chester in Bradenton, and Mel in Sarasota. Thanks to Duane and Chester for their insider tips!:thumbsup2

I was able to get 10 miles in today on the treadmill as it was raining here in NC. I am quite sore now, I am not sure if it is because of my poor diet the last 10 days or being in a car for 15 hours yesterday!:eek:

Two weeks from today...............

Colleen, I sent a pm to you. I don't know if it will be of any help, but it's worth a try.

I had a good 6 miles today. It was 32 degrees and for me wonderful. Not that stinking stonker making humid FL weather. I'm so praying for zero humidity.

I kept it around 15 min/miles and I know I could have kept it going. I really needed to be out in it.

Yes, it is still weepy here. One of our neighbors came over today offering condolences and said that the other neighbor is poaching deer and leaving the "leavings" out for the coyotes to feed upon thereby causing them to come nearer to us. I WISH I would have known, but too late for that now.

Thank you all for the hugs, I do so need them. :grouphug:

Adding to this miserable mess causing added stress is that I am undergoing diagnostics for possible surgery. I have an apt. on the 7th with doc who might be doing the surgery, but I think one more test (C-T) then I expect a date will be set. I'm knowing it will not interfere with my Goofy weekend. That is at least something to hold.

You are all keeping me sane right now even if it is Taper Madness!
:dance3:

Tomorrow I work half day then I plan to go to they gym for w/o, nap and NYE party. I cannot believe I am going to a NYE party. We never do this.I always baby sit or have always volunteered to cover shifts for my co-workers back in the day I worked radio.

ok, feeling negative again...decided to try and get a fuel belt rushed to me so I can break it in, but cannot find one that will fit (how embarassing) any other larger women out there that can point me in the right direction? how good/bad are the handheld ones? (that would fit me)

thanks!

Angie, I have an Ultimate Direction Access http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-UDAC.html
It seems to have quiet a bit of length to it. Another idea is to get several to try and return the ones that may be too tight, because they send a postage paid return label (since you don't have time to try & return over time).
Maybe someone else will post what works for them.

Lilly~ I am very sorry for your loss. I was greatly saddened to hear the news from Cam. Many hugs and thoughts to you and the family. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter