• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wk of Dec 2--WISH Walking/Running Club

OMG Carrie!!! :lmao:

Sunny - I am so glad you checked in. I was getting worried about you! I hope you are feeling better really soon. I can't even imagine living with the pain you are in all the time. :hug: Hang in there! I am so ready to be cheering for you during the full. I already told Chad I am not doing the Kristi-race-around-the-world following him this year. I am probably going to plant myself on the boardwalk somewhere & cheer for all of you!

(seriously though, I don't want you injured. If you can't do the full, you can't. It is not the end of the world, ok? :hug: )

Sunny--I am so glad that you checked in, I have been worried about you. It's usually not a good sign when we don't hear from you in a few days. You are in my prayers. I have no idea how you train and live your life with so much pain, you truly are a strong person. It's okay if you are not able to go Goofy this year, it's going to be there next year and the next and the next. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do. Even if you don't make it to the start line of the half or full, you are still a hero to me.

Carrie--You win the prize!! That picture is the best. Poor Kevin isn't even here to defend himself.

Colleen--Good luck with your half!!!!!!!!!!!

wtpclc said:
OK, could not resist:

xTJRff0DrvVuP8wa+w8PJz2r6XATEddT0300.jpg

When were you in my neighborhood?? :confused3 Why didn't you say hi?? :confused3

Dave,

I've been using the Adidas Erickson Baggy Dual Shorts for the last year. they have a built in compression liner = lots of support, and long enough to prevent chafing. The downside is they only have a small pocket built into the middle of the back, just below the waist. If I need to carry more than about 3 gels or sports beans, I strap on a small amphipod fanny pack.

Go Commando or Go Home :banana: .

Honeibee said:
Mel - Who takes that interesting WISH Team photo? Charlie and I won't be bringing our camera to the Half. Who is that in the picture? Man, I better get more clearance clothes! :rolleyes:

Judy...that's me in the picture in my half marathon debut. I believe Iceman referred to that as my 'homeless look' :thumbsup2 .

We'll probably take a group photo on Fri...nothing formal, we all just stand together and everyone with a camera takes a picture.

Carrie, Kevin and Chester: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

We're getting ready to head out to WDW tonight for our annual Xmas weekend at VWL. One of the few times of the year when I'm glad it's cold...nothing like being in the WL at the fire when it's cold.

Have a good weekend!

solotraveler said:
When were you in my neighborhood?? :confused3 Why didn't you say hi?? :confused3
:rotfl2: Sorry Kevin. Didn't want to bug you. I know how busy you've been! Hey, when's game time? (no, way to cold to want to watch in person, but I can have it on while we deck our halls.) Oh, please remeber. It was not I who started teh ZB comments. :rolleyes1

Sunny - I do not want you to hurt yourself. I can't imagine you gettign to WDW and being able to keep yourself from the Goofy. WHat if you hung back with the Just Want to Finish pace groups? Maybe hanging with WISHers would help you not want to push too hard and I'm sur they'd love the encouragement.

Mel - Have a great weekend!!!!

Sunny -- I am so glad to hear from you, but really WISH you weren't in pain. I hope you'll consider hanging with me and others at the back of the pack for the Full, if you decide to do it. I'd LOVE to share the experience with one of my personal heroes. :hug:

Mel,

Enjoy WL. We always love wandering through the Lodge.

We're heading over on the 18th for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Staying overnight at Fort Wilderness with a motorhome full -Tracy and I, DS17 and his GF, DD15 and her BF, and our two shelties. Hitting EPCOT on the 19th and heading back.

Chester

wtpclc said:
:rotfl2: Sorry Kevin. Didn't want to bug you. I know how busy you've been! Hey, when's game time? (no, way to cold to want to watch in person, but I can have it on while we deck our halls.) Oh, please remeber. It was not I who started teh ZB comments. :rolleyes1

7PM Eastern, ESPN2.

I promise I will catch up with everyone later........

OMG! This is OUT OF CONTROL! Please, someone stop the madness!
DH was even :rotfl2: ! BTW...He really isn't mean..just has his priorities wrong. Would rather put $40 of gas in the car or buy food so we won't starve instead of letting me run the 1/2 tomorrow. :rotfl: :confused3 :rotfl:

Sunny - I have to say that I have NO doubt that you can do this!

Did my LR of 10 miles on the TM this morning. I am a wimp and could not take the temp in the teens with a wind chill of 10....
I now have 2 heros:
1) Anyone who runs in any temp below 20
2) Anyone who can run on the TM for longer than 10 miles!
Did 10 in 1:25 with only H2O....AHHHHHHH! :crazy:
With all this talk of underwear....I forgot mine at home for when I changed clothes so I had to ....well you get the picture. :happytv:

OMG! This is OUT OF CONTROL! Please, someone stop the madness!
DH was even :rotfl2: ! BTW...He really isn't mean..just has his priorities wrong. Would rather put $40 of gas in the car or buy food so we won't starve instead of letting me run the 1/2 tomorrow. :rotfl: :confused3 :rotfl:

Sunny - I have to say that I have NO doubt that you can do this!

Did my LR of 10 miles on the TM this morning. I am a wimp and could not take the temp in the teens with a wind chill of 10....
I now have 2 heros:
1) Anyone who runs in any temp below 20
2) Anyone who can run on the TM for longer than 10 miles!
Did 10 in 1:25 with only H2O....AHHHHHHH! :crazy:
With all this talk of underwear....I forgot mine at home for when I changed clothes so I had to ....well you get the picture. :happytv

OMG! This is getting fun :lmao:

Carrie- I'm glad I swallowed by the time that pic came up. As it was I was laughing so hard snot was coming out of my nose. (great visual , huh) I figure with all this comando talk, we aren't a dainty group :blush: \

Krista- :grouphug: I feel the same way about all of you too!!!!!! Love the blonde moment story. And you not only did it once, but twice. That's something I would do. (and I have very dark hair, really, I do)

It was windchill of 3* here today. And yes that is farenheit. I live in AL for goodness sake NOT NORMAL! Granted I am pretty much at the TN state line but still in AL, still south of the Mason-Dixon line :confused3 It did warm up to a wind chill of 20 though. :sunny:

Cam-I'm there with you on the lack of training. Nothing since my 12 miler last Sunday. That's o.k. top athletes like us will be fine. No worries of sweeper buses for us :cheer2:

Sunny-good to hear from you. Please dont be so discouraged. You are doing what you can & it is way more than others in your situation would do. Most would have thrown in the towel & resigned to a life on the sofa. Not you, you rock girl! I agree with Cam , slow it down & you should be golden. I also agree with her in that you are an inspiration. You were one of the main ones that inspired me before my 1st half last year & here I am preparing (somewhat) for my 3rd half marathon in a year. Take it easy on yourself. Do what you can without hurting yourself! We love you whether you do goofy or just one of the races. Still more than 95% of people do.

Mel-once again, almost spit drink on the screen when reading about your homeless look.

Stay healthy everyone. We're in the home stretch now!

I hope this is ok to post, but I think I've seen others post things like this before, so here goes:

My Mom, Debby, is running the Disney Half Marathon through the AT Children's Project charity. A-T is short for ataxia-telangiectasia, a rare fatal genetic disease that attacks children, causing the combined symptoms of cystic fibrosis, cerebral palsy, immune deficiencies, muscular dystrophy and cancer. The A-T Children's Project is a public charity that raises funds to support and coordinate biomedical research aimed at finding a cure or life-improving therapies for A-T.

If any of you are so inclined, donations of any amount would be greatly appreciated. It's a fabulous organization. If I wasn't so concerned about meeting the minimum requirements, I would race for them each & every time. Being a part of their group at Disneyland this past September was wonderful! And to me, any children's charity is especially dear to my heart.

Here's my Mom's webpage for A-T. I know it says donations are due by Dec. 1st, but she upped the date a little on purpose. They can always accept donations.
http://www.atcp.org/Fundraising/Marathoners/DebraRabchenuk.htm

"The Disneyland® Half Marathon presented by Kaiser Permanente® will accept a field of 14,000 runners in 2007. Registration will officially open on January 8, 2007, however, with this email we are happy to give you the opportunity to register now and secure your spot for Labor Day 2007. You are receiving this offer for early registration because you have participated in a Disney race in the past. You can only use the link below once, and it can not be transferred to family or friends. This early application period will end on December 28, 2006."

Anyone else get this? Now I just have to decide if it's worth it to buy a "non refundable non transferable" entry given I'm active military and probably have a 50/50 chance of being deployed during that timeframe.

thndrmatt said:
"The Disneyland® Half Marathon presented by Kaiser Permanente® will accept a field of 14,000 runners in 2007. Registration will officially open on January 8, 2007, however, with this email we are happy to give you the opportunity to register now and secure your spot for Labor Day 2007. You are receiving this offer for early registration because you have participated in a Disney race in the past. You can only use the link below once, and it can not be transferred to family or friends. This early application period will end on December 28, 2006."

Anyone else get this? Now I just have to decide if it's worth it to buy a "non refundable non transferable" entry given I'm active military and probably have a 50/50 chance of being deployed during that timeframe.
Matt, I also got it....
If I were running the 1/2 this morning I would be 1 hour into it.....it is 18 deg outside and I am sitting here :surfweb: . But I WISH I were running it just to see where I would be an hour into it.....

Thisplace cracks me up, I am so glad to be able to get back in the groove. My doubts are beginning to subside, I may just make my Goofy after all.I thought I would be so sore from my LR, but nothing. My butt is still sore but everything else feels just fine - YAHOO!!!

Anyone else doing the 5K on Friday @ MGM? I couldn't resist, but am gonna just walk it, well maybe run a small part.

Carrie - Yep, definitely need to take care of the jiggle. But that's ok, my BF likes to run behind me LOL

Krista - OMG!!! I fell on the floor. Moments like those are why I changed my blonde hair to brunette

Lily - Have you tried Tylenol 8 hour? I pop one before each 1/2 and one after works wonders.

Carrie - OMG!!!

Sunny - I hope you feel better. It would be hard to pass on the Goofy.

Colleen - Good Luck on the 1/2!!

Kristi - I am running for A-T myself. It is a great organization. Maybe I will see your Mom at the get togethers, tell her to look for the chubby chick who looks like she can't make a mile - never mind 39.3!

Matt - yep got it. Although being on Labor Day just stinks. I ran this with my DS last year and wanted to make this a family tradition, but Labor Day. Plus last year was on my birthday, it was fun runninf and having everyone yell Happy Birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter