Wk of Apr 9--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Good morning everyone. Am I the only one working today??? I gave Hines a break and we only did 3 miles last night. We finished in 41 minutes (I forget the exact time), but by 2.5 miles, I was dragging Hines behind me. We had just gotten home from his obedience/personal protection class, so he was tired before we even started. I'm taking today off and tomorrow is 10 miles. By the end of tomorrow I will have walked 30 miles this week. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Minnie--If everything goes as planned, we will arrive in Orlando late May 11 and then we leave on May 16. I really hope we are able to go, May is my favorite time of the year to visit WDW (other than Oct for the F&W festival). And I'm really excited because Davy Jones is doing the Flower Power concert series that weekend!! :thumbsup2

Jodi--I don't think you would be or are underweight at all. I am 5'1 and I weigh about 112 pounds and I don't look too skinny at all, in fact I could probably lose another 5 lbs and still be okay. I have never done WW, so I don't know their requirements and what they might do if you are "too skinny". Congrats on making your liftime goal!!

Goofguy--Running too fast? What a problem to have! :teeth:

Well, I'm off to sit and do nothing at work. Happy Easter everyone!!!!

aladdinsgirl said:
Good morning everyone. Am I the only one working today??? I gave Hines a break and we only did 3 miles last night. We finished in 41 minutes (I forget the exact time), but by 2.5 miles, I was dragging Hines behind me. We had just gotten home from his obedience/personal protection class, so he was tired before we even started. I'm taking today off and tomorrow is 10 miles. By the end of tomorrow I will have walked 30 miles this week. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well, I'm off to sit and do nothing at work. Happy Easter everyone!!!!

Nope - I'm at work also.....I can only hope that it flys by today! I plan on pretty much doing nothing also :teeth: . Have a great Easter!

Nope, I am also at work but, unfortunately, I will be super busy today - Fridays are nuts here - because we are running at about 1/3 staff with anticipated 50% in work load starting at 10 AM.

Jodi - First of all, CONGRATS on making lifetime!!!! That is a huge achievement!!!! :cool1:
I will preface this by saying that I do work for WW - I am a receptionist (inspite of being over my goal due to health issues over the last year... :rolleyes1 ) Your range for 5'1'' is 106 - 132. This is on page 7 of your welcome book. We don't go by the age requirements - only the outside ranges. If you go below the bottom number, we must warn you, and you could potentially be released from WW - that is not healthy, and some people do become obsessed with their weight loss to the point of being anorexic. 110 - 115 is well within your range - unless your leader is concerned with how fast you are losing, I can't imagine encouraging you to not lose any more. Once you make lifetime, you can continue to lose, but don't go below that bottom number.

As for wondering why you were at ww in the first place, I have had several newbies in the past few weeks that simply want to learn to eat healthy. They are already in their range, but don't eat right, still have cholesterol problems, etc. In order to make lifetime, you must lose 5 pounds, and still be within your range. For some people, those 5 pounds are incredibly hard to lose. Any loss is a great achievement, and only you know what weight you are most comfortable with, and where you feel the best. Please don't be discouraged! You are doing awesome!!!!

Also, keep in mind that because of all your exercise, 110 now may be a smaller size than 110 before. You probably are more toned and have more muscle mass than before. It's not all about the number - how do you feel physically? What is your optimum weight to achieve your fitness goals? Where do you feel the best about yourself? I know that when I got to my goal (the uppermost number in my range), people told me I was too thin, also. Because I was training for the half at the time, my size at my weight was smaller than most others at my weight. In fact, the weigher, the greeter, and I had this exact conversation after last night's meeting. We had all been told we were too thin at our goal weights (and we are all now over our goal weights...) Anyway, all that to say - you may want to focus on your measurements/body fat percentage instead of the number on the scale.

Sorry this is soooo long - I didn't mean for it to be. :blush: WW is pretty important to me, and I hate to see people discouraged when they are working so hard! Keep up the great work!!! YEA for LIFETIME!!!!! :banana:

--Lynnda :thumbsup2

I have been MIA the past few days and I can't keep up with the 3 pages I missed here! I am a crazy Goo Goo Dolls fan and was able to see them on a cruise for a radio station here in Boston on Weds.! :love: Johnny Rzeznik, need I say more?

ANYWAY, I did not do my scheduled crosstraining on Weds. Yesterday I did my 3 miler in 41:59. Not a good time at all. I felt so tired doing it! I am just glad I am under that 15 min/mile. That is really my only concern for the Minnie - I just want to finish!

Krista - Another Wisher that is going to be in the "World" at the sametime :cool1:

:wizard: that your plane tickets work out for you! I've never been during the Flower Show and I am very excited :banana:

And nope you aren't the only one working. I'm here today too but only until 1pm then we are closing the office.

Happy Easter everyone :flower1:

Good Morning Everyone: I just wanted to stop by to wish the TEAM a Happy Easter. We're heading down to Pittsburgh this weekend to visit Grandma. I'm not sure if I'm going to run or not this weekend. I thought I might give my legs/shins a few days rest, but I packed my running stuff just in case.

I'm at work for 1/2 day. I have lots to do, but not a lot of energy to do it!!!! There is a lot of family drama right now, so I may be packing my shoes when I go to my parents. It's supposed to rain, but my dad has a treadmill. I just may be using it!!!!

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!

Goofyguy - As far as the garmin's accuracy, mine generally gives me a little faster pace than i think i really do if the course is measured correctly. it seems to be more off on longer distances. In fact, according to the garmin, i've never done a marathon shorter than 26.7 miles (which would make my pace look faster) If you know your route and are sure of the distance, i would compare it to your garmin just to see if it is on. Either way, you were BOOKIN' IT!!!!!! Way to go, Speedy :teeth:

Jodi - congrats on making you liftetime goal. that is awesome!

MelRhoads, you hit on my biggest point of confusion the actual distance. I have clocked the course in a car and it has come up at between 4.2 and 4.2 on each of the 3 times I did this. Now either I am faster than I thought or the Garmin's stopwatch mode is moving faster than time itself :confused3 . Anyways, I really like it and am pleased with my effort.

Congrats everyone on a great week. You are all very inspirational to me. Just finished my 13.5 km run today in 1:37. It was a little longer as there was quite a few big hills today. Feeling OK about the Minnie. I know I can finish but getting a little nervous because I won't have my two friends around to motivate me.

Have a happy Easter everyone.

Keri Z

Goofyguy - sounds like you are just fast!!!!!!! I'm thinking that the stopwatch mode has to be right! There should be no reason for it to be affected by satellite reception or guestimates. If you really want to test the course distance, I think the most accurate way is to use a bike w/ a cyclometer that is calibrated for your wheel size. (but, hey, I'm not ever going to be very fast, so I never mess w/ this b/c I don't have the potential to run for speed anyway. I think the words that might best describe my running are "I'm not fast, I'm just stubborn!" come to think of it, that pretty much describes me biking, paddling, mt. biking and swimming :teeth: )

I'm hoping to get to go on a run this afternoon. I just took the boy to wal-mart to pick out all the little goodies for his b-day party tomorrow. I think I should have taken a gel or sport beans or something, b/c I got so shakey and then frustrated and felt a little impatient and hostile. I'm thinking I need to remember that shopping w/ a kid in a "supercenter" is like an endurance event. I've eaten some pizza and scavenged the left-overs from his lunchable, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to catch up!

Dana, I'm so sorry to hear your health issues. I'm glad you got the x-rays and have a course of action. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Sending PD your way.

Goofyguy-- my Garmin always says I went faster than my chip time. Like MelR, it also always says I covered more distance. In a race, some of it is due to weaving, but some is just plain error. Its still a great training tool and way cool toy!

Yesterday was a terrible work day. I sat at my computer for 10 hours straight. :furious: I literally only got up 3 times to use the bathroom. Today I decided to cut out early to run. At 3:45 I got a voice mail saying they need me to implement all sorts of new junk in the system for next week's field test... That was mad funny, 'cause I was already planning my splits :teeth: So I darted out. Its gonna have to wait 'till tuesday. Monday is a holiday here for Patriot's day and the MARATHON!

I got in 7 miles. The weather was awsome. Garmin couldn't find its satellites until 3.6 miles into the run :confused3 I was a bit irritated, but I decided to make it a fun "no expectations" run anyway.

Happy LRing :sunny:

Sunny

I'm still here, training for the Minnie 5K and trying to keep up with all your posts!

I think we should plan a WISH meet at the Davy Jones Flower Power concert! We saw him last year. He was awesome! We plan to see him again this year! :flower1: party: :flower1:

Nancy-I was IN LOVE with Davy Jones when I was a kid :lovestruc My 2 friends that are coming had registered for the 15k but have not been training so are now considering doing the 5k so I may be there too to cheer them on. I thought about doing both races, but I dont want to hurt my ankle on the 5k and not be able to do the 15k since that one is my goal. See you soon!!

Sunny-I know work has been rough for you lately. Hope you have a great LW (long weekend :goodvibes )

MelR-you are so right. Wally World with kids is definately an endurance event :crazy:

Dave-have a great weekend & it might be a good idea to rest those shins.

My best friends & I took the kids to Chattanooga today since they had the day off from school. We went to the aquarium, played outside in the water play area, ate Ben & Jerry's & they had a really good time. It was a great day. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sunny - I'm glad you are getting some spring weather and starting to enjoy your LR again!!!!! You're back baby!

Krista - on the abcnews.com site under to world news tonight link, hines ward is the person of the week. I thought you might want to know. I was pretty proud of myself (I'm not very media savvy, so I usually have no idea who it is, especially if it is a diplomat or someone like that) This week I was feeling especially smart, b/c I know who Hines ward is. (I wouldn't know it if it werent for you!!!)

I did get to do 4 miles of gravel road yesterday. My pace was just under 10:00 min miles and I found someone to run the last 2 miles w/ me so that was pretty nice. I have the boy's b'day party today so I'm pretty much in rest mode for the weekend. Ahhh.... rest.

Speaking of rest, how ya' doin' Kim? Is the taper madness subsidiing?

I can't believe I've not posted this week. I am sorry.

I can't remember everything I've read this week exactly.

Want to say glad to hear about FIL recovering. Hope he is done with these major issues. Dave, sorry about shins. Don't give up. Good luck at docs. Cam, good news about DS and that it was a hit! LLP, glad you've come back! MelR, all those falls, makes me scared to get up on my bike. Can't wait though. Weather is finally ok and my bike riding is more like the style of Elmira Gulch or whatever her name is that played the "Wicked Witch of the West" in Wizard of Oz. But, I'm ok with that. I've even got a carrier on the back to take my minpin with me. :teeth: Whoever posted about the work thing being a very overwhelming/depressing thing. :hug: I am going through issues with my place right now. It will not improve either. Krista, Flying Pig is coming up soon. Good luck with it. I'd like to play with that some day.

Happy training to all. For those celebrating, Happy Easter! For those not celebrating, Happy Easter! anyway.

Keep on keepin' on!

Thunder thunder thunderation!
We're the WISH Team delegation.
When we move with determination,
We create a Great sensation!

Whew finished the Crescent City Classic 10K YAY! By their time I finished 1:20 on the nose, by my Garmin I finished 1:17:30. 14,000 people is a lot of people to get over a start line. It was a fun race. Nice and flat. Little on the humid side, but nice temp-wise and there were a few breezes and lots of shade. There were also these really nice people with hoses along the couse :love: . I did learn though that WDW pampers us a bit on two accounts: hand sanitizer in the portopotties and having lots and lots of portopotties at the start. There were woefully few potties per persons at the starting line. And they ran out of medium and small shirts. But they had free smoothies YUM! And I got my first post race massage :cloud9: oh yeah! That felt good. I didn't get to see Anne :confused3 though, b/c of all the people. Overall a fun race and I will definitely do it again.

Claire - Congrats! :banana: Glad you had a great time and a great race!

Terri

Wow! A quiet day around here! Where is everybody? Hopefully having a good holiday weekend with family & friends. Happy Easter everyone.

I did some cross training today, then an easy swim - only went 600 meters but it was fun.

Tiff, I'll be looking for you at the 5K, then. I shouldn't be too hard to spot. I will be the slow one at the back of the pack. :teeth:

Claire, great job on your 10K! I think I'd love people with hoses, too! :banana: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter