Wizard 101 Family Pricing Announcement - Option is Up! See Post #13

aliceblue

DIS Veteran
Just found this on their forums! I know many of you were hoping for a family plan, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own.
Thank you for being a part of Wizard101!

We have some great news! We are introducing Family Pricing to our Wizard101 subscription options later this week. Our new family pricing will reduce the monthly subscription from $9.95/account to $6.95/account.

This opportunity is available to anyone who purchases more than one account.

If you have an existing family account with one or more subscribed child accounts, you should be receiving an email today with further instructions.

See you in Wizard City!

We have some great news! We are introducing Family Pricing to our Wizard101 subscription options later this week. Our records indicate your family has purchased more than one subscription, so you will qualify for the new family rate! Our new family pricing will reduce your monthly subscription from $9.95/account to $6.95/account.

To take advantage of this new offer, please update your account status by the end of September. Visit www.wizard101.com and in the My Accounts section, simply change your master account status to 'Family Plan.' At that time you can add or remove child accounts.

As an added bonus, we will also be depositing a one-time crown bonus of 1500 crowns ($3) into each of your currently subscribed accounts. Each of your associated accounts should receive their Crown deposit within the next few days.

See you in Wizard City!
Mr Lincoln

The original message had been edited:

We have some great news! We are introducing Family Pricing to our Wizard101 subscription options later this week. Our new family pricing will reduce the monthly subscription from $9.95/account to $6.95/account.

This opportunity is available to anyone who purchases more than one account on a month to month basis. If you purchased a one year account at the introductory rate of $60 for the year, you already got our best deal!

If you have an existing family account on a month to month payment basis, with one or more subscribed child accounts, you should be receiving an email today with further instructions.

See you in Wizard City!

To take advantage of this new offer, please update your account status by the end of September. Visit www.wizard101.com and in the My Accounts section, simply change your master account status to 'Family Plan.' At that time you can add or remove child accounts.

I cant seem to change mine... Is it because both accounts are for the year and not month to month?

I sure want those crowns, lol

Has anyone done this yet?

I cant seem to change mine... Is it because both accounts are for the year and not month to month?

I sure want those crowns, lol

Has anyone done this yet?

It is only for those, as AliceBlue posted, who are month to month.

I hope that those of us that signed up for the yearly account (we signed up for 2 yearly accounts) get crowns as well. I thought originally that those of us who signed up for a year were going to get 300 crowns a month, but I haven't seen them yet.

The way the email is worded, I would think that everyone who has a subscription, whether it's yearly or monthly, single or multiple, will receive the crowns. It is a bonus; doesn't seem like it should be tied to the family pricing plan per se, but they should have made that clearer. If it does turn out to be for multiple accounts only, what they are essentially doing is giving crowns to families in place of a price reduction, and extending the yearly subscription rate to monthly subscribers. (Actually, the rate is a little higher than the yearly.)

What I find curious is that this pricing is only being offered to current multiple subscribers. What about those who held off subscribing specifically because there was no family plan? Or only bought one subscription for the same reason?

Here is the latest edit. (I don't envy Professor GreyRose trying to keep up with this as they work out the nuts and bolts!)

This opportunity is available to anyone who purchases more than one account on a month to month basis. If you purchased a one year account at the introductory rate of $60 for the year, you already got our best deal!

If you have an existing family account on a month to month payment basis, with one or more subscribed child accounts, you should be receiving an email today with further instructions.

See you in Wizard City!

I emailed because I had not been able to 'sign-up' for the family plan. I emailed this:
I am having issues changing to the 'family plan' as outlined in the email. I cannot find the place to do it. When I log into 'my accounts' I only see the 1 month, 6 month and year subscription drop box. Please let me know how to change this. I am wishing to pay for October and can't until I get the correct subscription rate.

Also we only received 1500 total instead of 3000 crowns. You had promised, in that same email, 1500 for 'each currently subscribed account'

I received 2 emails from Wizard. The first said:
Greetings,
I do apologize for the misunderstanding! The e-mail we sent out was a notification that the family plan was coming to Wizard101. It has not yet arrived, but we will be announcing the change on the front page of www.wizard101.com once we have fully incorporated it. We just wanted to give you a heads up!
Regards,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

and my 2nd was:
Hi there,
I am sorry but I am quite confused. Can you please attach a copy of the email you received from us? I know that an email was sent out about family pricing but that ability is not available until later in this week. If you would please attach a copy I can surely straighten out any confusion!
Regards,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

So I sent my original email, which I have posted previously here. We shall see what happens and I will post as I get a response. That 2nd email was funny. It was sent within minutes of the first one. See a bit of Left and Right hand miscommunication? I bet VMK_Shorty found a new job!! (jk) :wizard:

So, this deal is only for pplayers who are currently paying Subscribers? I along with many other families have waited to sign up for the Family Plan. If this doesn't include Beta players that aren't currently Pay-to-play hopefully Wizards will remember us and add an option

Post has been updated:
Hello Young Wizards!

We are very proud to announce the addition of Family Pricing to our Wizard101 subscription options! If your family purchases more than one “1 Month” subscription, your monthly subscription rates will only be $6.95/month. That’s a $3/month savings per subscription!

Sadly, we are also announcing the end of our $60/year introductory offer. The last day to purchase a one year subscription at this price will be Sunday, October 5th.

If you want to take advantage of the NEW $6.95/month family pricing or the $60/year introductory offer, login to www.wizard101.com and select Update Subscriptions!
Apparently this is available to players whether they are current subscribers or not, so those of you who waited can still get the plan.

However, this announcement mentions nothing about one-time bonus crowns being added to subscribers' accounts, as per the email that Dreamytime received. I am curious to see if everyone gets them, or only the people they sent the emails out to.

Has anyone who started a subscription in the last few days received crowns?
I emailed because I had not been able to 'sign-up' for the family plan. I emailed this:
I am having issues changing to the 'family plan' as outlined in the email. I cannot find the place to do it. When I log into 'my accounts' I only see the 1 month, 6 month and year subscription drop box. Please let me know how to change this. I am wishing to pay for October and can't until I get the correct subscription rate.

Also we only received 1500 total instead of 3000 crowns. You had promised, in that same email, 1500 for 'each currently subscribed account'
Dreamytime, do you have separate (sub) accounts, with unique user IDs, for each family member? I know they do not consider multiple wizards created under one log-in to be additional accounts.

Has anyone who started a subscription in the last few days received crowns?Dreamytime, do you have separate (sub) accounts, with unique user IDs, for each family member? I know they do not consider multiple wizards created under one log-in to be additional accounts.

Yes I do.
2 accounts, separate log-ins, under 1 family account whereby I can control my nephew's account.
We got the crowns last night...1500 for each account.

Yes I do.
2 accounts, separate log-ins, under 1 family account whereby I can control my nephew's account.
We got the crowns last night...1500 for each account.

So you used the "Alice is the master" option? I'm trying to figure this out. I thought I was smart. LOL!

So you used the "Alice is the master" option? I'm trying to figure this out. I thought I was smart. LOL!
The master account will have the sub-accounts listed under it when you log in; although they make it sound like you need to create the family account yourself, they are most likely already grouped unless one of the accounts has only been played on a separate computer. (Their site can sense which ones are on the same computer.)

To subscribe multiple accounts, check "I want to play too!" after the master account, assuming you want that one, then select the subscription option under each account. You can see the total on the next page.

Again, if anyone has received crowns with a recently-bought subscription, aside from those who received the special email, I'd like to hear. I still have seen no indication that this was/is being given to all subscribers across the board.

I swear, I'm sleepy, not totally dense. LOL! These are the options they give me. Do you know the difference? Aside from, I know the first option gives you parental controls.

I tried the "create a new account" but it then said that was a master, so I didn't complete it. The account is going to be for DH, so I don't need parental control. I just want him to have his own account, with the six wizards, and get the discount. He never got in on beta, poor guy. He's still plodding along in Pirates. The magic of wizards is still a mystery to him. :confused: LOL!

Here are my options:
Create a Family Master Account
( ) (User name) is Family Master
( ) Use Existing Account
( ) Create New Account

Thanks! I hope to be back to my smart self after a good nap!:thumbsup2

I swear, I'm sleepy, not totally dense. LOL! These are the options they give me. Do you know the difference? Aside from, I know the first option gives you parental controls.

I tried the "create a new account" but it then said that was a master, so I didn't complete it. The account is going to be for DH, so I don't need parental control. I just want him to have his own account, with the six wizards, and get the discount. He never got in on beta, poor guy. He's still plodding along in Pirates. The magic of wizards is still a mystery to him. :confused: LOL!

Here are my options:
Create a Family Master Account
( ) (User name) is Family Master
( ) Use Existing Account
( ) Create New Account

Thanks! I hope to be back to my smart self after a good nap!:thumbsup2
Are you already showing as the default master account? If so, select "use existing account", then "save and add another". I think you can create a separate login/password at that point. (Not sure if you need to go through the Wizard Creator first, or if you can simply create a "blank" account directly from the account info page?)

You won't need to set parental controls if your husband's account is under yours; the age indicated in his registration will allow him to control his own settings. The "master account" is for billing purposes.

Thanks for being so patient with me today! I really did fall asleep after that last post. I just woke up and I think I regained my IQ points! I let you know if I manage to get it right! LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter