Witnessed a crime scene at EPCOT!

i haev witnessed that thief before. they work in groups and they are everywhere. they have theives in every park and at every resort.

My friends were at AK and saw a squirrel run into a store and steal a snickers bar and run back out and up a tree with it.

Many years ago, my 4 year old DD had her hand bitten when one of those stupid cranes snatched a piece of turkey leg straight out of her hand! It was bruised for a few days. :sad1:

We walked past some people at AK who had just bought a turkey leg. They were surrounded by those white birds. The people said "I wonder if they are cannibals?" and tossed them a piece of turkey. Of course they ate it, they don't know what it is...

And so it continues that they look to us for food!

I'm sorry about your daughter, even though it was years ago. I was once bitten by a goose at a park, and it hurt and was scary and I STILL don't trust geese.

My friends were at AK and saw a squirrel run into a store and steal a snickers bar and run back out and up a tree with it.

That strikes me as being very....:rotfl::rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, I watched a squirrel bolt into a shop in Universal's IoA and steal a snickers bar last time I was there! It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen, and I wished I had thought fast enough to pull out my phone!

Instead, all I did was point and scream, "Squirrel with snickers!"

This whole thread is hilarious and a little bit scary! Now I'm nervous about leaving things in the stroller when I visit with my friends who have young kids!

Maybe Kronk can come have a talk with them and persuade them to leave our stuff alone :rotfl:

My last trip, I was waiting for Off Kilter and there was this squirrel running around the area. He started running up people's legs begging for food. Luckily for me it was December and a little cool. I had long pants on when he tried begging from me. He seemed to understand the word "NO" :rotfl:

I think that squirrel stays around there all the time. We've seen him numerous times begging food from people waiting for Off Kilter to start. I've got a cute picture of him somewhere, sitting up on a guy's knee eating a cheeto.

So, that stroller parking is a hot spot. I won't be able to post pictures soon, but sa the same thing with squirrels. In fact, I took some pictures. There were 2 of them. One got i a bag that was hanging froom the stroller and the other attacked the basket, where it found an oreo treasure.

To be fair that basket was so full of snacks and drinks that looked like a mini mart.

Will post a picture next week.

Mx

Sitting outside at cosmis rays one afternoon the lady sitting at the table beside us sat her chcikn salad down and went to grab something. In a second a seagull hopped over and snagged a piece of chickn and flew off.
So i guess they are cannabals lol!!

I had purchased French fries from Cosmic Rays and was walking to meet up with my family at the Buzz meet and greet, a black bird flew down and stole a fry right off if the fry basket. I screamed because it just scared me. At EPCOT my husband and I saw a squirrel, at the character spot stroller parking, going from stroller to stroller taking food.

During my last visit I too was a victim of thievery. While sitting outside at Pecos Bills putting ketchup on my fries a bird (Ibis) sits on an empty chair at my table and as I look up at him I
Think what a pretty bird when faster than the speed of light this bird harpoons my burger and away he went. Many in the area
Witnessed the theft so Disney was very nice and sent me a gift
Card to cover my next lunch during another trip.

This is not theft!!!!

It is part of the contract Disney has with squirrels to provide entertainment to Guests! They are officially allowed to accept food from Guests only if the Guest is not aware they are feeding the squirrel.

This is not theft!!!!

It is part of the contract Disney has with squirrels to provide entertainment to Guests! They are officially allowed to accept food from Guests only if the Guest is not aware they are feeding the squirrel.

The squirrels need to renegotiate that contract if it lists Wendy's fries as 'food'.

My last trip, I was waiting for Off Kilter and there was this squirrel running around the area. He started running up people's legs begging for food. Luckily for me it was December and a little cool. I had long pants on when he tried begging from me. He seemed to understand the word "NO"

Yep, I met this guy in January. I was sitting eating my fish & chips, waiting for DH to arrive with his non-fish lunch. The squirrel came running along the bench towards my meal. I wondered how close he would get- well, he would have climbed into my lap and taken the fry right out of my hand if I hadn't very firmly told him to get lost!

Another place for smart squirrel watching is in the Animation Courtyard at DHS. I've seen them take a 1/4" gap in a zipper and open the whole bag right up, taking out anything and everything edible.

The cranes are troublesome and also the ducks. At Epcot, a little girl leaned over the fence to give a duck something to eat. Well, it snapped her hand while grabbing the food. I could tell she wanted to wail but she had just been told to stay away from the ducks so she bit her lips and sucked it up. I wanted to say, "Serves you right!" but I didn't. It's really the fault of everyone who ignores the signs not to feed the wildlife. That's why they get so aggressive.

Never mind the squirrels! How about those birds who pilfer food from the strollers at MK? I've seen those tiny thieves rifle through popcorn, snacks, etc. While folks are on rides. I'll bet they have no idea their food has been tampered with. --worse yet, I've had a hotdog stolen out of the bun just as I was about to eat it -- by a seagull!!!:rotfl2:

Not at Disney, but we had a seagull fly down and steal my DS pizza when he got up to get a napkin. The funniest part was watching him swallow the whole slice of pizza whole.:eek: The thing was like a tiny trash compactor.

I was at Blizzard Beach on a quiet day in January (It was right after New Years so BB was the only quite park that trip). There were bird there that stayed just a table away and were looking like they were just waiting for me to turn my back to pounce on my food.

Disney Fool said:
Never mind the squirrels! How about those birds who pilfer food from the strollers at MK? I've seen those tiny thieves rifle through popcorn, snacks, etc. While folks are on rides. I'll bet they have no idea their food has been tampered with. --worse yet, I've had a hotdog stolen out of the bun just as I was about to eat it -- by a seagull!!!:rotfl2:

That reminds me of the time my dh and I were in EPCOT. This was back in 2008 but we had just gotten some ice cream, Mickey ice cream to be exact, and this seagull swooped down and stole it right out of my hand!!!! It was one of those moments where you're thinking "did that really just happen???" It's hilarious now when I think about it.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Sitting outside at cosmis rays one afternoon the lady sitting at the table beside us sat her chcikn salad down and went to grab something. In a second a seagull hopped over and snagged a piece of chickn and flew off.
So i guess they are cannabals lol!!

Birds are. I have a macaw parrot, who loves chicken anyway it's cooked.:rotfl:

:rotfl2:

We have totally witnessed this. In January 2011, we saw one of those birds steal a guys fish as he was walking away from Yorkshire. My husband and I died laughing, but felt so bad for him. The CM gave him a new order.

I realize that I am being pedantic, but a bird that eats other kinds of birds is not cannibalistic any more than we are when we eat a hamburger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter