With The Neighbor Threads: How Are Your Neighbors?

hereyago

Miss My Boy Nubbs
I actually have ok neighbors. Well, one neighbor recently moved back from several years ago, we called him Firecracker boy.

I saw him get out of the U haul a couple weeks ago and was like it we go. I am very happily surprised as he hasn't resumed any bad habits. I guess now because he has a kid. And some people fire cracked his parents house (because they let him get away with everything then let him stay on this street) and he tucked off someone enough they mess with his truck.

So, how are yours?

I live in the city... two college aged girls live in the basement unit of the house next door. They're always smoking out on my front steps. One morning I walked out to find cheetos strewn across my lawn, a 7 eleven container with spilled sticky liquid that was attracting ants, cigarette butts, and one girl's debit card. I held the debit card hostage until she cleaned up the mess. Their landlord also had a chat with them. They still leave cigarette butts from time to time, which irks me, but they've never left a mess like that again.

Mine are ok, with some minor annoyances. One of our side neighbors is a family who like to talk and if you go outside to do anything they will talk to you for at least 30 mins or longer if you let them. The neighbor on my other side feeds the stray cats in our neighborhood, which would be ok if the cats then didn't proceed to come over to my yard to use the bathroom.

Mine are awesome!!
We are in a relatively new community, we were the 4th to move in 4 years ago, and there are 5 families that all regularly socialize together. We have game nights, Thanksgiving, Ugly Christmas sweater parties, impromptu BBQs, a quick glass of wine after work - it's a great street to live in (although there's now about 40 houses so it's getting a bit too big for my liking! Lol)

The neighbor on my other side feeds the stray cats in our neighborhood, which would be ok if the cats then didn't proceed to come over to my yard to use the bathroom.

Just want to share this as your post reminded me.

A few months ago, my neighbor across the street decided that I wasn't feeding my cat so began to leave food out near my garage.
One problem: my cat is inside. He was feeding a stray.
I go over since he is like Mrs. Kravitz and would be in the know if who was coming over to my house and leaving cat food on a paper plate.
He said " oh one time you said you weren't a cat person so I thought you weren't feeding him" I did say before that I am a dog person, not a regular cat person, but not feeding him ,wow.
I said ok what does that cat look like,: a black one, ok I have a black one but he has to stay inside, does this one have a tail? Well mine doesnt.

He was also afraid if one of my dogs just for the fact her ears are up, she is part Basenji,soooo. He met her and was then cool. I said now if her ears came down, then you know she is upset.
Boundaries people boundaries.

But he hasn't snuck over anymore.

I had fantastic neighbors. Then they moved. :sad: Our neighbors across the street are nice. Busy with work, but nice. Neighbors on one side we really like. We chat and keep a look out for each other's homes. Neighbors on the other side not to thrilled with. Just rude.

We moved into a new neighborhood 8 months ago, new construction so a lot of people coming in about the same time.
Met all the surrounding people outside and now just wave hello when we see them..... Thats the way we like it!

We live in a side by side so we know that neighbour very well. She's an older lady who is a nurse. She recently lost her dog so she asks us if she can have our dog for sleepovers all the time. It helps her and gives me a break from the dog. It's a win/win.

The neighbors on one side of us are great. We've been friends since the day they moved in 20 years ago. Our neighbors on the other side moved in about 18 years ago and they were almost invisible. Over 4 years ago they moved out but didn't sell the house. They would come about once a week to mow and pick up their mail (yep it still gets delivered). About two months ago they finally put up a for sale sign. Then about a week ago we found out they got an offer and if everything is ok we will soon have new neighbors. Crossing my fingers that everyone gets along after reading so many threads lately about bad neighbors.

I actually have ok neighbors. Well, one neighbor recently moved back from several years ago, we called him Firecracker boy.

I saw him get out of the U haul a couple weeks ago and was like it we go. I am very happily surprised as he hasn't resumed any bad habits. I guess now because he has a kid. And some people fire cracked his parents house (because they let him get away with everything then let him stay on this street) and he tucked off someone enough they mess with his truck.

So, how are yours?

We had a problem with the ones on the left side for a little while. They've stopped the bad behaviors (things like parking in front of our mailbox, blaring their music when they pull in at 2am) and we're on a friendly wave and "hi how are you?" level.

The ones on the right have a son our age, and they hang out (less now physically and more on the computer/xbox for the last year; the son had back surgery last year and it took a long time to recover, and they wouldn't let him have visitors for a while). We're also on a talking basis, and we've watched their son so they can go shopping (whereas I will leave my son home alone, because he doesn't need constant supervision at 13).

We only have 4 permanent neighbors on our street. The other 4 houses are summer homes so we only see them from Memorial Day to Labor Day but they are all friendly when they are there.

The permanent neighbors we get along for 99 % of the time. The only problem child is our across the streets wife. She is a complete nutball. Her last request is that since she went on late shift the whole neighborhood needs to be quiet while she sleeps. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: My response, I did midnight shift for 10 years while living in Boston - buy a loud fan or a white noise machine. Cause silent running ain't happening. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My neighbors are generally good enjoyable people, at least the ones I have met. Sometimes something odd comes up. I have a condo in Illinois. It is for sale at the moment. While not there, my a-joining neighbor apparently bought hearing aids. The neighbor then began complaining to me that someone was living in my condo while I was not there. He was sure of it! I would have friends, cleaning lady, or family stop over and check the condo. No one was living there. My neighbor was so certain that someone resided in the condo that at one point he e-mailed that he was calling the police, and have them knock down my door. Thankfully the door was saved. I calmed him down. I let him know I had installed a security camera into the condo earlier and nothing could be seen on the camera or recordings. This complaints of hearing things went back and forth for awhile longer till enough was enough. It was turning into harassment instead of friendly neighborhood watch. I more or less let him know I had done all I could as a neighbor, took all his complaints seriously, taking action to inspect, tried potential ideas to limit noise and nothing was found helpful. It was important at this point for him to look further onto his side of the complex to find out what the noise he heard was. Thankfully he found an answer for the noise, and I haven't heard anything further. It seemed to be his hearing aids causing issues and possibly a running toilet. Getting old isn't easy as the saying goes.

My new neighbors are a colorful bunch. Two neighbors are selling their place. This happened as soon as I moved into the neighborhood. it gave me a chuckle. One couple are getting divorced. I heard stories about their legendary fights outside, yelling and throwing items at each other. A split sounds best for all involved. The new neighbor that just moved in next door loves the color blue. Everything is blue colored on the house. In the back is a large life size statue of a blue bull or cow. I'm not sure what to make of it but expect it should make for interesting conversation.

I really like the older man who bought the house next door 6 or 7 ago. Until he moved the adult son and his family in with him. It started with them parking on part of our driveway, escalated to him berating my husband (and trying to engage him in a fight) for not cutting their swath of grass between garages, and then progressed to the adult son being taken out in cuffs by SWAT for threatening his family with a gun. Of course he was back 8 days later, but at least things seem to have settled down since then.

I would not be the least bit sad to see that house turn over again.

We just moved into a newly constructed buildingf with 21 units--so everyone is newto one another.
So far most everyone seems pretty good. I am a little aprehensive about one couple:

everyone has an assigned space in the underground parking garage and there are SIX signs in that garage telling people you have to pull into spaces (not back in) so that the exhaust works better. Fomr day one this couple has ignored that and backed in. The builder has sent out two emails reminding everyone of this in teh 6 weeks since people began moving in---they still do it daily.

the three penthouses all have terraces and between those were originally planned green areas. When we bought it was made CLEAR that the green areas are NOT the property of the person whose terrace borders it and you CANNOT use it as such. Period. If you want to use that space, you had to pay up front to have it changed into terrace---this was a cost of construction but also added significantly to the property tax (most of which is paid when you purchase) and also jumps the yearly property tax bill by about 10%. We paid to have our terrace extended---for us it is totally worth the cost. Same neighbors, left the green space and have steppignstones and a patio set on it already.

Niether one of these things is a huge deal or affects me much overall---but I wonder if the "rules don't apply to us attitude" is going to carry over into more troubleseom stuff later

My neighbors are all okay. I'm not really "friends" with any of them but I think for the most part, we all try to be courteous and get along. My across the street neighbor is the only one I don't really care for -- but it's mostly small stuff that irks me. Like they put their garbage out 2 days early (without lids, so stuff blows out and into my yard) and then don't take the empty cans back in for another couple of days... stuff like that. However, they're building a new house and will be putting theirs on the market. I'm a little reluctant to see them go because you never know what you will end up with next. They are, in general, nice people, so it could be someone WAY worse!

I like my neighborhood, but I miss how it was when all the kids were little. We were a lot closer then, and would sit out in the summer chatting while the kids played. There were parties, day trips, and even a weekend away together.

But once the kids got older and the moms went back to work, everyone got busier and things kind of devolved into "smile and wave" most of the time. We're still good about helping each other out (working together to clear driveways, that sort of thing) and if I had a real emergency, I know I could count on them. But it's not the day-to-day social scene that it used to be, and I don't know people who have moved in lately as well at all.

We have good neighbors. My sons are 6 and 8. There are tons of kids on our street. The houses on either side both have kids the same age as ours. We do have parties, cook outs, an Easter egg hunt, a Halloween parade and partu, ladies nights out. It really is an awesome group of people. We have a lot of laughs even at the bus stop in the morning and we help each other out with watching the kids if needed. We had a neighborhood cookies and cocoa party 2 weeks ago and were talking about how great it is to live here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter