With Every Passing Hour, I'm So Glad I Left My Tower! My Solo Birthday Adventure *NEW 3/5

Computer issues suck! Hope it works out for you soon.
And don't worry- we'll be here whenever this thing gets sorted out.

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about you. I am still trying to figure out the technical issues I've been having. But I am not giving up, I am determined to finish this TR as soon as possible! Thanks for hanging in there, I promise to post an update as soon as I can.

Great TR!! Thanks for sharing!!! Good luck planning your next trip!!

Thank you!

Computer issues suck! Hope it works out for you soon.
And don't worry- we'll be here whenever this thing gets sorted out.

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Thanks for hanging in there until I can get it worked out.

Great news!!

I solved the technology problems I've been having, which means I can start writing updates again!! Thank you for being so patient and understanding while I tried to solve these issues. Stay tuned for a new update in the next day or two.

I woke up bright and early at 7:00 this morning. It had been a whole day and a half since I’ve been at Magic Kingdom, so it was about time for another MK day! :laughing: I wanted to make sure to get there for park opening so I could see the Welcome Show since I had never seen it before. I know that everyone says it is essential to get to the parks right at opening to make the best use of time, but I’m just not a morning person so I don’t usually make it a priority.

I was pretty slow moving this morning. I’m sure you’re all tired of hearing me complain about my feet, but it was a major issue throughout the whole trip. I think it was around this day when my feet starting throbbing as soon as I got out of bed at the morning and I could barely hobble around the room. I think the issue was that the heat caused my feet to swell and they hurt so much in the morning because putting weight on them caused the fluid to shift. Luckily by the time I got to the parks my feet had become re-accustomed to walking and the pain wasn’t as bad as when I first woke up.

Anyway, back to the day.

Once I finished getting ready I walked (slowly) to Landscape of Flavors for breakfast. By the time I made it there it was already 7:50 so I just grabbed a muffin and ate as I head to the bus stop. The MK line was huge, much longer than the corral. I got a seat on the 2nd bus and made it to Magic Kingdom by 8:30.

IMG_3754.jpg

While I was waiting for the Welcome Show to start I took a selfie with the Train Station

IMG_0342.jpg

A lady behind me offered to take a picture for me

IMG_0343.jpg

And then it started!!

upload_2016-10-9_13-41-54.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-42-51.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-43-49.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-44-12.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-44-36.png

The show was very cute, the perfect way to start a Disney day. I’m glad I got to see it and although I would love to watch it every time I go to Magic Kingdom I’m not sure I’d wake up early enough every time.

I wasn’t interested in being apart of the mad rush to one of the headliners, so I hung back a little and let the crazed masses enter the park before I did. I had a FP+ for Peter Pan later in the day, but I wanted to experience to new queue (which at the time had only been open for about a month) so I headed there first.

And I got a RED CARD!!! I have an unnatural love for them ok, no judging.
upload_2016-10-9_13-44-57.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-45-20.png

Last edited:
upload_2016-10-9_13-47-14.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-47-30.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-47-43.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-48-0.png

upload_2016-10-9_13-48-12.png

The new queue was very cute. The line was moving a little too quickly to be able to really check it out though. I love the Tinkerbell flies around and the interactive shadow wall is cool, although I didn’t actually get to interact with it. But I really love that you get pixie dusted before getting in your ship, it’s perfect.

Last edited:
Love following along! I can't wait to see the new queue for PPF-- a reason to not use a fasts for me! BTW, this may be my computer, but none of your photos are showing up!:confused:

Been following your trip report for a while now. Glad you're back! But I also can't see any of your photos:confused3

Even though the pictures aren't showing up (the DIS is stupid like that sometimes), it sounds like a great start to the morning! The welcome show really is an awesome way to start a day at MK, and the interactive queue for Peter Pan is definitely cute (I saw it for the first time a few months ago ... the pixie dusting really is perfect!).

Sounds like a great start to an MK morning. Glad you got to see the Welcome show.
I'm not a morning person either, except when I'm on vacation that is.

So glad you are back, still following. I can't see any of the pictures either (they are coming across as blank spaces), but your day at MK sounds great :flower:

Ugh, it looks like I didn't solve all the technical issues after all. I'm really sorry about none of the pictures showing up. I'm trying to figure out how to solve this latest problem and as soon as I do I will edit the last update so you can actually see the pictures. Thank you all for sticking around despite the many issues that have been happening lately.

Love following along! I can't wait to see the new queue for PPF-- a reason to not use a fasts for me! BTW, this may be my computer, but none of your photos are showing up!:confused:

The new queue for Peter Pan definitely has a lot to see! It's not just your computer, the pictures aren't showing up for anyone.

Been following your trip report for a while now. Glad you're back! But I also can't see any of your photos:confused3

Thank you for reading and waiting out all the technical issues!

Even though the pictures aren't showing up (the DIS is stupid like that sometimes), it sounds like a great start to the morning! The welcome show really is an awesome way to start a day at MK, and the interactive queue for Peter Pan is definitely cute (I saw it for the first time a few months ago ... the pixie dusting really is perfect!).

It was a great start to the morning! I loved the Welcome Show, so simple but really cute

Sounds like a great start to an MK morning. Glad you got to see the Welcome show.
I'm not a morning person either, except when I'm on vacation that is.

I am actually more of a morning person when I'm in Disney but I still can't manage to drag myself out of bed in time for park opening every day. :laughing:

So glad you are back, still following. I can't see any of the pictures either (they are coming across as blank spaces), but your day at MK sounds great :flower:

Thanks for sticking around despite the delays! It was a great MK morning, but then again what morning isn't great when it is at MK?

Hey everyone! I finally figured out the picture issue!! (I hope) I fixed the pictures from my last update, so hopefully you should be able to see them. I will get a new updated posted soon.

In other news, I have a new ticker! And you know what that means... I'm going back to Disney World! I just officially booked my trip today for April 14-22 2017!!! I'm not sure if I am going to do a PTR for this trip or not, I may just post a few updates on this TR. Stay tuned.

The new update will be up later today! It would have been up last weekend, but pages decided to crash on me after I had written about 90% of it and I was too annoyed to rewrite it right away. But before I post the next update I wanted to give a little update on my next trip.

Today marks 180 days. And you all know what that means. Dining reservations!!
I woke up at 5:45 which obscenely early for a weekend, but it was worth it because I got everything I wanted! Including...

DINNER AT BE OUR GUEST!!!!!!
and a PRE-PARK-OPENING BREAKFAST at CRYSTAL PALACE!!

I am so excited for these, especially Be Our Guest! I have been trying to get a dinner reservation there ever since it opened with no luck. It is by far my favorite restaurant, purely because of the atmosphere. I mean, how can you beat stepping into your favorite movie?

I also was able to get
Easter dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern,
lunch at Yak & Yeti (cream cheese wantons, here I come!), &
breakfast at The Wave

Besides Yak & Yeti, these are all new experiences for me. I've been to Be Our Guest for lunch but not dinner, and I've been to Crystal Palace for dinner but not breakfast, and I've never been to Liberty Tree Tavern or The Wave.

I think it definitely worked to my advantage that our trip is a Friday to Saturday. Since not many people start a trip on a Friday there wasn't as many people whose window had opened for that week today. I'm sure it would have been a lot harder if my trip started on a Saturday or Sunday.

I can't wait!

Apparently my computer hates me because it won't let me attach photos onto Dis again. :furious: :badpc: I'll try to get the new update posted as soon as possible. I'm really sorry.

Once I returned from my trip to Neverland I decided to go on the happiest cruise that ever sailed.

upload_2016-10-29_15-16-40.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-16-58.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-17-13.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-17-33.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-17-48.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-18-4.png

I love It’s a Small World. It is such a classic and it always makes me happy.

Next stop was Mickey’s Phillarmagic

upload_2016-10-29_15-18-53.png

And then I headed over to New Fantasyland

upload_2016-10-29_15-19-39.png

I stopped for some Photopass pics in front of Beast’s castle. The photographer was great and kept telling me to do a bunch of different poses. But I don’t like how any of them came out, so you don’t get to see them.

upload_2016-10-29_15-20-35.png

And the Lumiere stopped by and personally invited me to be his guest at the castle for lunch later.

upload_2016-10-29_15-21-30.png

Then I explored Belle’s village. I love that area, the theming is wonderful. It doesn’t hurt that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie and Belle is my favorite princess.

upload_2016-10-29_15-38-45.png

I spent a while browsing around the Beauty and the Beast shop. I could easily spend so much money in there.

I decided I need this stained glass window in my house at some point in my life.
upload_2016-10-29_15-39-8.png

I took a picture of this mug to send to my mom. She texted me back later and told me that I HAD to buy it because it was basically made for me.
upload_2016-10-29_15-39-37.png
I did end up going back for it later that week. And now it is my favorite mug! There is a gorgeous picture of Belle on the other side.

I finally tore myself away from that wonderful store before I spent all of my money. And headed over to another castle where I found another photopass photographer.

upload_2016-10-29_15-40-1.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-40-29.png

And then I went on a ride under the sea.

upload_2016-10-29_15-40-51.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-41-2.png

upload_2016-10-29_15-41-14.png
Love the details!

I didn’t take any other pictures on this ride since I took a million when I rode it earlier in the week. But it was still amazing.

I'm so impressed by your reservations...and jealous! Dinner at Be our Guest is something I'd really like to try but only been able to get lunch before. That will be awesome. Your other ones sound great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter