With Ebola in the States, will it affect your plans to Disney?

With Ebola in the US, will this affect your travel plans to Disney?

• Yes. We will be canceling and watching the disease very carefully.

• Yes, but I'm not sure how much it will affect my plans.

• Not sure, let's give it another month to see?

• No. We will not be canceling. The Mouse is invincible!

• No, but I may be more careful about things while there.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AliceandAriel

part of your world!
Like or not, Disney World is a hub of all kinds of germs. It's an area people visit from all across the globe. Same can be said of Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Disney Paris, etc.

So my question is this: Given the confirmed case(s) of Ebola in the US, will this affect your idea of traveling to any of the parks in the upcoming months?

Please post any comments as to why or why not.

Note: this is not a thread to battle about Ebola, what the US government may or may not do, and issues concerning it. Merely a question on how and if this will affect your travel plans and why or why not.

I'm not going to Disney, but I am flying this weekend and will be going to another theme park and other crowded touristy places.

We(my family) generally take the normal hygienic precautions.

I'm not very worried about Ebola. I'm more concerned with the Entero-Virus.

I think if we just continue our normal routine, meaning ACTUAL hand washing, (singing Happy Birthday twice:rotfl:) we will be fine.

No. I always practice reasonable hygiene when I go to Disney...frequent hand washing, don't touch face and try to avoid touching too many handrails.

I'll be more worried about cold/flu/Norovirus and any other common little nasties than I will be about Ebola.

You know what I worry about?

Exploding houses.

Every year there's a house or two that just blows up from an undetected gas leak or some other mysterious reason.

You laugh, but it could happen.

So far there have been more people in the US killed from exploding houses than Ebola.

Then don't even get me started on those sudden sinkholes that open up and eat your house while you're asleep.

Like or not, Disney World is a hub of all kinds of germs. It's an area people visit from all across the globe. Same can be said of Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Disney Paris, etc.

So my question is this: Given the confirmed case(s) of Ebola in the US, will this affect your idea of traveling to any of the parks in the upcoming months?

Please post any comments as to why or why not.

Note: this is not a thread to battle about Ebola, what the US government may or may not do, and issues concerning it. Merely a question on how and if this will affect your travel plans and why or why not.

I don't have any travel plans to go anywhere out of my normal range in the near futures, so no effect there...but the reality is that we ARE heading into the regular cold/flu season now, and as such, I will take reasonable precautions like I always do to avoid getting sick. Hand washing, cleaning dor knobs, avoiding close contact with people who I know are sick, etc. That's just general common sense all the time for dealing with all potential illness.

That said, I do have some VERY tiny concerns about Ebola and somewhat bigger concerns about the Entero Virus. But that's not going to make ANY changes in my normal routines or level of awareness about what is going on. As always, I will be watching/listening to the news and general chatter among people I know, and if it seems like there might be some kind of growing outbreak of something (anything...chicken pox, Ebola, Bubonic Plague, Tuberculosis, spattergroit, cooties or anything reasonable or unreasonable) ON A LARGE scale, then I would take extra precautions.

But change in travel plans? No. Just like a vague terrorist threat wouldn't stop me from visiting New York City, an obscure hard to catch disease that isn't a threat to much of anyone isn't going to keep me at home.

We will be there in 3 weeks. I plan to not touch/inhale people's bodily fluids. :)

Now ask me if I'm scared of sinkholes....:scared1:

My husband has ensured me that have will lick every handrail and elevator button on our next trip to Disney. I should also mention he has recently purchased a rather large insurance policy, of which I am the beneficiary.

Are you going to be going around Disney wiping up blood, kissing & other risky behaviors with strangers? Come on, this is NOT an airborne disease.

The Sky is not Falling.

If you are so worried, I assume you get your flu shot every year - about 35,000 people in the US die every single year from the flu.

No, we are still going to Disney for Christmas...but I am very curious what will happen with the Ebola in the US, surely that person won't be the only one.

You know what I worry about?

Exploding houses.

Every year there's a house or two that just blows up from an undetected gas leak or some other mysterious reason.

You laugh, but it could happen.

So far there have been more people in the US killed from exploding houses than Ebola.

Then don't even get me started on those sudden sinkholes that open up and eat your house while you're asleep.

An acquaintance of mine had her house explode while they were on spring break vacation at Disney! She says the trip saved her whole family because it happened early in the morning. They would have all been in bed if home.
:offtopic: I know but had to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter