Wispering Canyon?

Mystry62

When French people swear do they say pardon my Eng
Yes? No? I have the Disney Dining Experience Card and I think it works there.... Any suggestions on what to order?

Thanks!

Yes? No? I have the Disney Dining Experience Card and I think it works there.... Any suggestions on what to order?

Thanks!

Yes, Yes, Yes! It is our fave! Lots of fun! We ordered the family skillet meal (not sure of the exact name) and loved it! In our opinion, for most restaurants at Disney, you are there for the experience, not necessarily for the great food. Of course there are some exceptions, but when dining with kids, we opt for the experience over gourmet most times. Well, WCC is the exception to this rule! The food was awesome, as was the experience! It is the "must-do, non-character meal."

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I'll put it on my list of places to go :)

Whispering Canyon is GREAT!!! IMO the Grilled Chicken Pasta is THE BEST!!

penne and fresh vegetables tossed with Roasted Garlic Chipotle Cream Sauce

My husband LOVES the All you care to eat skillet:

Mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked corn bread. Move on to smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, pork sausage, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, beans, creamy cole slaw and corn on the cob.

It's a "must do" on every trip we take to WDW.

We much prefer the breakfast skillet to the dinner skillet.

Not to put a damper on it. But IMO the fun has been toned down WAY to much. The food is still good but THe anitics you read about here on the DIS are a thing of the past.

Not to put a damper on it. But IMO the fun has been toned down WAY to much. The food is still good but THe anitics you read about here on the DIS are a thing of the past.

Really? We were there at the end of August and had a great time. The time before that my dad was tied to his chair by the waiter for sassing back. (We travel with all adults - no kids in our party and still lots of fun!)

I thought I would like this restaurant (I remembered it fondly form when I was younger, I am 31 now). I ordered the skillet meal (dinner) and it was in my opinion some of the worst food I have eaten. The BBQ was poor, the chicken dry, and the sausage flavorless. Another of my party ordered the skillet and they didn't care for it either. My brother ordered the chicken pasta and he said it was good but to me it looked like penne, chicken, and yellow cheese.

The "antics" really have dropped off from what I remember. However one thing that really :furious: me up was when they brought out the B-Day cake (it was my birthday that night). You know where the servers all gather round and sing horribly (this is part of the act I know) then proceed to eat "your" B-Day cake so none is left for the B-Day person.

Well one of the CM's took it upon himself to smash the cake still on the fork into my face! I was FURIOUS! I almost throttled him right there but just stormed off to the restroom to clean myself up (the cake and icing had got on my shirt as well as my mouth). I probably should have said something but I was to mad at the time and probably would not have voiced my story to well.

Overall I do not think I'll be going back to WCC anytime in the future.

We have always had fun there, even if the food isn't exactly gourmet.
Whatever you order, be sure to ask for the ketchup.....:lmao:

Really? We were there at the end of August and had a great time. The time before that my dad was tied to his chair by the waiter for sassing back. (We travel with all adults - no kids in our party and still lots of fun!)

We were just there end of November/Beginning of Dec and felt the fun had gone away. We were 3 "big kids" and tried egging server on and got nothing for ordering pepsi, drinking our drinks quickly, NOTHING. Even other servers didn't seem to be as fun as they used to be. Most excitement entire meal was "ketchup call" This was during dinner and place was busy but not overly crazy.

3 weeks ago, on my birthday, I was forced to ride around the periphery of the restaurant on a hobby horse with hundreds of strangers watching me, a-hootin' and a-hollerin'. My partner made the mistake of asking for ketchup, at which point he received about 40 bottles of ketchup, one at a time, to the point where people from other tables who wanted ketchup had to come over and ask for one of ours.

If this is toned down, I would have hated to see it crazy.

I've gone to this restaurant every trip to WDW that I've taken for the past five years.

I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant to someone who wasn't staying at Wilderness Lodge or didn't have a car. In previous trips, we've been more than willing to "bus it" to WCC from other resorts (this can take up to an hour, considering you have to switch busses at a theme park). But I wouldn't do that anymore - I would only go if I were staying at Wilderness Lodge or had easy access to get there such as a car.

The reason being: it is really inconsistent and the fun has diminished in my opinion. The "experience" is really dependent on the server, and that is the luck of the draw, and this last trip there even some of the great servers of the past wee very toned down.

I'd still go back, as I like the food, (the skillet really is good) and the atmosphere is fun --- but I would never "talk it up" to my kids again, as they have been disappointed several times by poor servers. I would just go if it were easy to get there, and just see what would happen without preparing hte kids, so they wouldn't be disapopinted.

We were there three weeks ago and it was pretty quiet. The kids were disappointed, and our server pretty much ignored us the entire time, not even bringing us several of the items included in the skillet. WE lodged a complaint, but the manager wasn't very receptive. WE had bussed all the way from other resorts, and felt it wasn't worth our time. Or money.

But like I said, I would go again, but only if it were really easy to get there.

Hope this helps.

I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant to someone who wasn't staying at Wilderness Lodge or didn't have a car. In previous trips, we've been more than willing to "bus it" to WCC from other resorts (this can take up to an hour, considering you have to switch busses at a theme park). But I wouldn't do that anymore - I would only go if I were staying at Wilderness Lodge or had easy access to get there such as a car.

The reason being: it is really inconsistent and the fun has diminished in my opinion. The "experience" is really dependent on the server, and that is the luck of the draw, and this last trip there even some of the great servers of the past wee very toned down.

We did dinner there Christmas Eve and really lucked out because we had Heada Lettuce as our server who is without a doubt one of the best servers we've had anywhere. She posts here on the DIS (anyone know her user name since I can't remember it?) and will truly make the visit special. As a previous poster noted, be sure to order ketchup. Also, make sure to ask for drink refills. It's the little things like these that if you know going into it will make it a more fun experience.

As far as the food is concerned, we liked the Canyon Skillet (the all-you-can eat dish) the best. The pulled pork is especially good.

Hope you have a great time!

We went 3-4 times when we stayed at WL a couple of years ago. Some of the wait staff is just better than other wait staff.

Thanks for the input everyone! We live in Tampa and often drive over to WDW just to grab a bite to eat, so I thought I would get some feedback on WC since I haven't been. I think we'll give it a try. Sounds like fun.

I so agree. Where have the antics gone to? Nothing and I mean nothing happened when we were there in August. The atmosphere was flat. This was just a fun experience on our last trip but more and more people are reporting back that the fun just isnt there anymore.

Maggs

We ate there for dinner 12/19 and it was our first time. We had a LOT of fun! The kids did the pony stick races and recited the promise which was very cute. Our server was Jailbird Jessie and she was very funny and friendly. I asked for a refill on my Coke and was brought out the GINORMOUS glass of Coke. Kids got a hoot out of that. She threw our straws at us and when DH mentioned that it was taking forever to get our food (it did) she put him in jail. The kids liked that too. :lmao: We didn't need any ketchup but we saw and heard people calling for ketchup and getting tons of bottles. We all sang Happy Birthday to some boy who was celebrating. It was a very loud, very fun place that night!

We had the skillet and I had a headache coming on so I wasn't feeling top notch. My DH loved the food but I thought it was just okay. My headache probably didn't help my appetite that night.

Allyson

Yes, go! We've been there for both lunch and dinner and have had the skillet both times. It is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter