Wishing while in WDW....best restaurants ??

panfan

DIS Veteran
HI fellow Wishers!! Going to be in WDW for a SHORT trip in December. Just wondering some advice for some awesome dinners/lunches there while trying to stay OP! I know pretty much anywhere you go .....the menu can be adapted and can accomodate any program you are trying to do but just wondering if anyone can maybe share a super/exeptional meal they enjoyed while being in the World!

Thanks!:D

Well, a lot would depend on the specific plan you're on, but I'm happy to share my own discoveries!

The Brown Derby in Disney/MGM has an unbelievable Cobb salad, which can have chicken or shrimp added to it for extra protein. The Columbia Harbor House has a memorable salad with greens, feta, chicken, pecans, and pineapple that's worth an extra trip to the MK, as if you ever needed any reason for a trip to the MK. I didn't eat the pineapple, as I was just out of Phase 1 of Atkins at the time. The breakfast buffet at the Crystal Palace in the MK has lots of faboo choices, like omelets, ham, and sliced tomatoes, and all that with a big hug from Pooh! Caesar salads (hold the croutons for low-carbers) can be found in a number of places, such as Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland. I had an amazing mixed greens salad in that big food court in The Land at Epcot, but I think I've read that they're changing that whole area.

More upscale, I had a stunning Planked Salmon at Artist's Point at the WL, and there are always fabulous choices at the California Grill.

To my way of thinking, the most important thing about treats is to make the decision BEFORE THE TRIP about what you'll do. It's fine to say 'No treats, I just don't eat that way anymore' or 'One treat per day' or 'One treat per trip,' as long as you've worked it out for yourself before temptation is staring you smack in the jaws.

Boy, now I'm hungry.

:sunny:

Hi there,

Teppanyaki is wonderful for WISHing. I love the Shrimp & Scallops hibatchi meal. Lots of yummy veggies, shrimp & scallops and rice. For dinner they throw in noodles. We go at lunch. There is also chicken, steak and other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter