WISHING for FIRMer Fannies - Week 1 Check-in

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Hey FIRMies........

Good Monday Morning. I can't believe it, but I actually got up at 5 am to exercise this morning. I knew if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to exercise today. I have my Weight Watcher weigh-in tonight and then 9pm WISH chat. I wouldn't have been able to exercise till late, and I know I wouldn't have done it or it wouldn't have been a good workout.

I did Cardio Sculpt today. This is the first time doing this one. It is from the original BSS system. I bought the 3 DVD set last week. Can't wait to try the other two this week. Thursday is my sculpt day since I can rest on Friday, so I will do Body Sculpt and add Ab Sculpt to it.

No firm tapes yet for me (they are on their way)

I did 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds yesterday
Today is a rest day but I am feeling so good that I might do an ab tape (denise austin) tonight after dinner.

~Amanda

Hi Firmies, and a BIG THANKS to Melanie for putting this thread together for us!

I did Maximum Cardio Burn + Abs from BSS2, and Body Sculpt from BSS1. Tomorrow will be a pure cardio day, with MCB + Abs (I LOVE this workout!), and maybe Calorie Killer as a quick add-on.

Have a great day everyone!:sunny:

Hi everyone. Not sure if we're supposed to post what we did last week, or what we intend to do this week (for our weekly check-in), so............... I'll just post both, how bout that?

I've been trying to use the schedule they provide with the BSS1 system. I just started my "Firm Month" over again last week, so I did Cardio Sculpt 3 times last week (T, W & F).

This week (started yesterday), I'll do Cardio Sculpt 3 times, and do Ab Sculpt twice. I did my first CS today and will follow thru with the other 4 routines T-F. I usually take weekends off. I'm off to a good start. I just hope I'm faithful thru the rest of the week.

Good Luck Firmers!!!!!

Lissa

Hi fellow FIRMies! I can't believe I missed this thread today!

I get up at 5:40 every morning to do one of the FIRM work outs. Today was cardio sculpt which I love the best. I have started using the heavy weights so now I use 3, 5 and 8 pound weights and boy am I feeling it tonight.

I gotta make my goal for the April 1st challenge so I'm going to try to work out 6 times a week, we'll see how that works. I don't want to burn myself out but I do like pushing my body to see how far it will go. Gotta strike a balance though.

See you all tomorrow!

FIRMies: I love the name!:teeth:

Today, I did cardio sculpt from BSS1. Later on in the week, I will do Body Sculpt (Wednesday and Thursday and Saturday) with Abs on off days. I am currently using 5,7 or 8 (I bought the weights awhile ago; can't remember which one they are. Plus, they are not cast iron with the numbers on them.), and 10 pound weights. On the leg press sections, I have had to go back to no weights due to a bad knee. But on all the other leg exercises, I have been using the 7/8 pound weights.

Have a great week FIRMies!:Pinkbounc (I really like that name!::yes:: )

Good Morning FIRMies!:sunny: I'm so glad you started this thread Melanie, and it's nice to see so many people here! I just got done with Maximum Cardio Burn + Abs and added Calorie Killer for a little added cardio boost. Tomorrow will be Complete Aerobics + Weight Training, which is my favorite. Have a great day everybody, and thanks again, Melanie!

Good morning FIRMies! I spent my morning with Stephanie Corley (Super Body Sculpt? I'm so bad w/ the names of these tapes!) I got up at 5:15 and did Upper & Lower Body segments for a great 36 minute workout, the AB segment would have brought me to about 45 minutes and kept me from having coffee before waking DSs. (And DSs can tell you that they don't want to be awakened by a coffee-less mom) Tommorrow is Lisa Kay & AB Sculpt, one of my favorite during the workday tapes. I have a few non FIRM tapes that I use during the week (mostly for their length) Do you guys limit yourselves to FIRM? If not, what other tapes do you use? SGG

FIRMies - Good Tuesday Morning everyone!

Well I can't believe it, but for a second day in a row I got up at 5am! I am not a morning person, so this is a feat! I can definately say that I love how I feel after working out.

Today I did the FIRM Maximum Cardio Burn plus abs. I still can't believe I have the moves down now. I had a hard time keeping up with second step sequence, so I may need to go back down to the purple section again. I seem to be a step or two behind. Those girls are so in shape, lol!
I also have trouble using that stick on the standing legs portion towards the end. I seem to loose my balance so often I don't get much of a workout. I usually end up just using it on the floor instead. Anyone else have that problem. The stick always seems to slide off the back of my leg and then the problems start!

Sueg,
I was doing WATP tapes, but I found that I didn't get a good workout. I would never break a sweat. Since I have been FIRMing again, I am now only using FIRM. I just find the way they do the tapes keeps me interested. I love how the segments are short and fast. Keeps me from getting bored and the time goes quick. I now have the 3 BSS2 and 3 BSS1 video's and Cardio Sculpt Blaster (one of the 6 pack video's), and I just ordred BSS3, the other 5 add ons for BSS1 (the 6 pack video's) and the 3 add on's to BSS2. Soon I will have lots of new tapes. I am also thinking about getting some of the good older ones. I need to get more Cardio & Sculpt combination ones (like Complete Aerobics and Weight Training).

Kim- You are so my hero that you can add a tape after Maximum Cardio burn, lol! I may do Cardio Sculpt Blaster this evening since it is only 30 minutes as an add on to Maximum Cardio burn. Not sure if I would want to do it immediately after though!! My favorite is CAWT too! Emily is just so bubbly! I love when she say's "getting down with the fanny lifter"!

toystoryduo-That's what I use for weights too. I just recently went up to 8lbs and I am glad I did. The 5lbs was getting too light for the heavy exercises.

ZerasPride-I had a hard time finding it yesterday too. I think maybe we should call it something shorter so it's easier to find. I think I will call it something simple like FIRM Check in Thread-week 2? It would be easier to find.

Cinderelli-You are doing great- I have no doubt that you will keep up with your week. Especially since we have the check in thread now! Keep up the great work.

septbride2002 - Keep doing your WATP's so you can build your endurance, then when you get your FIRM tapes you will be ready! Just remember to go slow. The steps are confusing at first, but really fun!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Today was BSS1 Body Sculpt upper body for me. It's growing on me and I was actually able to get through the whole 22 or so minutes and do each execise without having to stop.

Melanie - it's fine with me if you shorten the name of our thread. I'll find it no matter what we call it!

I don't use other work out videos. I just love the FIRM. I've tried a few others but nothing holds my attention and gives me the results of the FIRM. I would love to add some of the other videos to my FIRM collection and hopefully will when I reach onederland.

Still waiting for tapes -----rather impatiently.

Today will be my WATP tape that doesn't have a mileage it is called something but I have no idea. Anyway it is a shorter more intense workout with weights. I'll be using 5 lbs weights.

~Amanda

Can I tell you guys how much I LOVE you all right now!!!!
As I told you earlier I thought of returning the tapes because I thought it focused more on the abs than anything else. Well I kept them and did the FIRM Maximum Cardio Burn plus abs tonight and man did I FINALLY work up a sweat (glisten). Even my daughter said something to me! I NEVER sweat!!! I feel so good and I just want to thank everyone for making me keep them!!!

Got home today and guess what - They were here! I did the Total Sculpt but a little disappointed to see they used the fanny lifter through the whole thing - my set came with the scuplting stick but not the fanny lifter and I don't have a step anywhere. I'm going to order the fanny lifter and just do the sections without the lifter for now.

~Amanda

PS - it kicked my butt :)

Ab Sculpt today. Will be doing Cardio Sculpt in the AM. I'm going to try to start getting up earlier and working out BEFORE the kids get up. I usually wait until I get them off to school, but then it's already 8 AM. It makes my day start really late when I can't get into the shower until 9. Wish me luck!

Lissa

havent done firm in a few days since ive been sick..but went to dr and they said lost 3 lbs..i know its not much, but i love the firm!! haha....hopefully i can start up again tomorrow

Hey FIRMies! How is everyone this Wednesday morning? I did Complete Aerobics + Weight Training this morning and then added Cardio Sculpt Blaster for a bit of a cardio boost. Tomorrow I've got a date with Maximum Cardio Burn and maybe Calorie Killer as an add-on.

Hope everyone is enjoying their exercise--all your hard work is so worth it!

Have a great day, FIRMies!:sunny:

Hello FIRMies!:wave2:
Today is Ab Sculpt for me and maybe I'll take a walk outside for the cardio part of today. It's very sunny here in NE Ohio, but cold so we'll see how I feel in a few hours.

For those of you who use BSS1, when they have the Body Sculpt back to back on the Rotation Calendar, do you think their intention was for us to do the complete video two days in a row or just do the Legs portion one day and the Upper Body and Abs the next day? What are your thoughts on this?

Blueeyes101817~ Hope you are feeling better! :sunny: Way to go on your 3 pound weight loss!:Pinkbounc

Have a great day FIRMies!:wave2:

Hi toystory:wave2: and great job getting moving today! I don't have the rotation guide in front of me, but you don't want to do the whole Body Sculpt video (or either part of it) two days in a row. Alternate upper body one day/lower body the next. Or if you want to do the whole video at once, give yourself AT LEAST one day rest in between (preferably more I would think--as it's a really tough workout--especially that lower body!). When you're doing weight work, you never want to exercise the same muscle group back-to-back--your muscles actually need that time to rest, recover and rebuild. If you try to train too vigourously (overtraining), you will be breaking your muscles down, leaving you feeling achy, less strong, and maybe even burned out or with an injury. Hope you're enjoying your workouts!:)

I did my cardio sculpt today. I quess I have BSS1.

I know Wednesday is suppossed to be a "rest" day according to the schedule, but I haven't been as faithful to it as I should be and with this new "Firm" thread, I want to be in on the action!

I wondered about that too, toystoryduo, I would do the bodysculpt, and then be too tired (or lazy) to do the other one.

I really love my Firm tapes though!

Good morning fellow FIRMies!

I did cardio sculpt (BSS1) this morning for 30 minutes.

luvmydogs - I really appreciate the advice about taking a rest when are working your muscles with that body sculpt video. I am focusing on upper body right now and I alternate the upper body work out with cardi sculpt which makes very tired. I do feel energized but tired nonetheless. I probably need to take a day off somewhere in my schedule.

Maybe I'll do Cardio MWF with Body Sculpt (upper) on Tues. and Sat. with ab sculpt on Sunday. This way Thursday can be a rest day and if I really feel like I need a second rest day I can make it Saturday. Thanks for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!