WISHES IS GONE (leaving in May)

minniegirl19

Mouseketeer
announced today that it will be replaced in May with "happily ever after". I'm so sad!! What does everyone else think?

I just read this too, and I am heartbroken. I love Wishes so much. Like, if Wishes was the only thing I saw during the trip, I'd consider it a success, LOL.

I really hope this new show blows me away.

All I was looking forward to during our upcoming August trip is watching Wishes from the Poly CL lounge, and now...not so much. :(

Mixed feelings here too.
Love Wishes. Love the music more than anything. I can't imagine not hearing that on a trip.
But it is old and we've seen it so much I am ready for a change
And I love anything they've done with Projections and Fireworks combined so far so there is hope for something even better.
Just really would love for them to keep the song (though I don't believe they will)

Sad it won't be in March when I'm there. Wishes was lovely, but I'm always happy to see new things.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ular-will-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-may-12/

The video on the bottom does look impressive. I just was so disappointed with once upon a time after celebrate the magic so I'm hoping I don't feel the same way about this. Wishes has always meant so much to my family so we are so sad to see it go. I'm always excited for new things but wish we would have known on our trip last month that it was going to be the last time.

I'm super upset about this. I'm sure the new show will be lovely, but we haven't had the chance to enjoy Wishes in the park since 2013. My son has been too little to enjoy any sort of fireworks/nighttime shows on our last few trips. We did watch Wishes from the outside stairwell/platform on Tokelau at the Poly in May, but I was really hoping to introduce him to my favorite this year.

I hope the new show is spectacular, but I'm going to be a little bit nostalgic and miss my old favorite. :worried:

Seen wishes probably half a dozen times. I'm happy to see something new. That's what I like about WDW - when we go it's always familiar but with something new, some changes and some improvements.

I am sad about this since I've been to WDW many times but have never managed to see Wishes. Now that my kids are old enough to stay up that late, I was hoping to see it on our next trip in September. Oh well. I hope the new show is just as good.

Overall I'm happy. I love Wishes but I've seen it on every trip I've been on - I've never known MK without Wishes. I'm ready for something new! I'll miss it and feel nostalgic about it but I have plenty of recordings of it. If Wishes never changed everyone would start complaining that it was stale, that Disney doesn't try or want to spend the money. I think this is one of the few ways Disney actually acknowledges its repeat visitors and gets them to come back.

The only thing that makes me nervous is that if RoL was so poorly executed, is that going to become a pattern for Disney? Is this show going to be a step down from Wishes? I hope not, maybe RoL crashed and burned because they had a lot of people focusing on this, who knows? I look forward to hearing the reviews and seeing it for myself.

I feel like its time for something new, I know everyone always dreads change but if they kept everything the same we wouldn't have nearly as an amazing of a park.
Who knows this may become your new favorite thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!