Wishes Dessert Party at Tommorow Land Terrace

KilroyWasHere

Mouseketeer
Has anyone gone to the Wishes Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom? My wife and I are trying to decide if we want to take our one year old to watch the fireworks here.

My only concern is that I can grab an Ice Cream on Main Street and find a better place to watch the show.

Any and all input is welcome!

I've done it a couple of times, once with kids, once without kids.

It's a nice spread of food that they put out there. You can definitely get your recommended daily allowance of sugar and carbs there. You will be able to sit down for much of the party, which is nice, but be warned that fireworks viewing virtually requires you to stand up at the railing. I say "virtually" because not every table has an adequate sightline to the fireworks, and CMs will encourage you to stand up at the rail to see the fireworks.

But, yes, if you can arrive in time to find a good fireworks-viewing spot, and will be satisfied with the offerings from around the park, your other plan is much more economical.

Has anyone gone to the Wishes Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom? My wife and I are trying to decide if we want to take our one year old to watch the fireworks here.

My only concern is that I can grab an Ice Cream on Main Street and find a better place to watch the show.

Any and all input is welcome!

The view can't be beat. I can't say the same for the desserts. I think everyone should do it once though. Have fun!

check out the threads at the top of my signature. You'll get a bunch of different reviews there:thumbsup2

I'm sure others will respond to this thread as well :)

Is the Dessert Party offered every night, even in the slow season? I would like to do it during my January trip, but there will probably only be one night I can make it work. I am not willing to forego an ADR in another park just for the party, so I hope the dates work out!

We do it every year, primarily for the seating and the view. Desserts are good not gourmet. I like the fact I dont have to sit with kids for and hour or two holding spots to watch Wishes. And we love that Tinkerbell flies over the Terrace, we yell her name every year!!

Pretty sure it is offered every night except during the Halloween party. It is offered during the Christmas party though. You must have a Christmas party ticket to attend if you go during the party.

We went last March and really enjoyed it! Food was great, view was great, and it was nice to sit and relax after the day in the park. Looking for August to open for our upcoming trip!

We really love it! You are paying for a decent view of the fireworks in a more relaxed setting and we think it is worth it. The desserts are plentiful and delicious. Some of them are very rich so you can only eat so much. But my husband loves to be seated enjoying a cup of coffee on the terrace waiting for the fireworks to start instead of jockeying for and defending a spot on Main Street. Plus we like the fact that we don't have to stake out a spot super early. We can ride and tour until almost 9, go and have a seat with dessert and coffee and then watch Wishes. You can't see the parade, but we don't care for the night time parade that is currently running anyway...so no big deal for us.

I have to say our experience was not so great:( We were seated next to the stinky waitress station and there was no place for them to move us to. The desserts were good, nothing spectacular. The view was good but I prefer to watch wishes from directly in front of the castle. I would save the money and sit on main street. If you're going at peak times when it is super busy then maybe it would be worth it. Have a great time!

I personally LOVE the Dessert Party. The view is great and its much better than staking out your ground around the hub. Its a must do for us :thumbsup2

Love the dessert party! Sooooo nice not having to pop a squat on the curb for over an hour holding spots on Main Street. Watching the crowds rush out at the end and not being inside of the mob was amazing! Chocolate covered strawberries are always a win for me :rotfl:

We've been to the Dessert Party 2 times....both times we've been unimpressed with the dessert options, but have loved not having to stand/sit on Main Street for 2 hours before Wishes.
Honestly, we won't be doing it again. Much better options for dessert at some GREAT WDW restaurants. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter