Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

Hi Everyone,
Quick question, for anyone who has been to the dessert party are there a lot of "non-chocolate" desserts? We have an adult with a chocolate allergy, dont want anyone to feel left out. :lovestruc

Thanks in advance!!:thumbsup2

Yes, there are non-chocolate desserts. Check out the Disney Food Blog review and the link to EasyWDW review. Lots of pictures. Have the allergy noted though. Chances are good they will prepare a special selection of dessers for the person with the chocolate allergy.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, there are non-chocolate desserts. Check out the Disney Food Blog review and the link to EasyWDW review. Lots of pictures. Have the allergy noted though. Chances are good they will prepare a special selection of dessers for the person with the chocolate allergy.

Great! Thanks for the help!

I want to say that I am alittle unhappy with Disney and I WISH I had found this site before.

I started to call or check online every day for the fireworks party. One CM then told me it "Would not open until 60 days in advance" (not she did NOT mention anything about opening the month all at one time) and then the website changed stating you could make reservations up to 60 days in advance. I think this is HORRIBLY misleading. It is not fair to the people who feel the need to check every hour for months (you guys and gals) or for the people who read the website and then call only to find it had been sold out for quite sometime because they opened it 80 days out.

Maybe I am just being whiney because this was the new/exciting thing we were going to do a DW and we might not be able to (yes... we are going to call as often as we can but, that is all luck based and I hate that). I think that Disney definitely needs to figure out a better way to handle this though.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.. I thought I was replying to the new board and then realized it was on the old one)

Maybe I am just being whiney because this was the new/exciting thing we were going to do a DW and we might not be able to (yes... we are going to call as often as we can but, that is all luck based and I hate that).

I understand the frustration -- I think it's ridiculous that they don't open this at a set, published time.

I would just add that you need not call / check online all day, every day. When I'm waiting for a date I do check myself periodically, but I also subscribe to this thread with email notification. I've done the party at least 5 or 6 times. Twice I got to it online before seeing a notice -- the other times I got a notice from a fellow DISer reporting that it had opened.

Teamwork is what it's all about!! :-)

What can and will they do for someone who can't have a lot of sugar?

There is fruit available. Other than that, skipping a "dessert party" might be the better option. That isn't an allergy issue. However, it never hurts to ask since it is (i'm assuming) a medical issue. Maybe they will also provide bread and cheese or something sugar free...?

Waiting for October as well. Do you think it is going to be harder to get with the Halloween party going on some of the night?

From a Disney-related website: "The Wishes Dessert Party includes sugar-free items and can accommodate guests with dietary restrictions; mention any needs when making reservations and upon check-in, and cast members will provide information and assistance."

I would guess that you aren't going to have a lot of options, though. Go for the view of the fireworks, if the price tag makes that worth it for you, otherwise I'd skip it. $30 for a bunch of desserts you can't eat probably isn't worth it.

Actually I was wondering that, too. My diabetic mom probably doesn't want to miss a fun evening with the rest of the family. I would imagine this is a common situation, especially with groups, so some sugar-free options are a good idea.

Disneylovershome
I have read that if you contact "Special Diets" they will make up a plates of treats special for that person.

I am diabetic and was going to contact them but then did not I had 2 Chocolate covered strawberries and was fine paying the price to have a front row seat to view the fireworks without fighting the crowds

Waiting for October as well. Do you think it is going to be harder to get with the Halloween party going on some of the night?

emilymad since there are no dessert parties on MNSSHP nights I would imagine it will be harder just keep a close watch on this site and I would check a few times a day myself to see if it has opened up to book.

Expect it to open up most likely any time from the last week in July thru the first week in August (7/28-8/10) my best Guesstamate!

Past dates the party has opened up for booking can be found on page1 :)

I see September dates still open.....

Anyone know ( for historical records, not obsessive planning :). ) what date and time it went live?

:wave2: I'm booked for Sept so I'm really not sure why I'm here except I've been on the thread since the first one .... old habits die hard!!! :rotfl2:

Can anyone tell me if September is dead?? I'm trying to get a spot for two somewhere 9/19 to 9/29 and online it keeps saying full. But that seems fast to fill up in the off season. Should I call or am I out of luck?

Can anyone tell me if September is dead?? I'm trying to get a spot for two somewhere 9/19 to 9/29 and online it keeps saying full. But that seems fast to fill up in the off season. Should I call or am I out of luck?

Try to get a reservation for 3, and make your 3rd an "under 3" child so there's no charge. Tables for 2 are very limited. You can cancel the 3rd person later, or just show up with 2 since you wouldn't be charged for a child under 3.

Try to get a reservation for 3, and make your 3rd an "under 3" child so there's no charge. Tables for 2 are very limited. You can cancel the 3rd person later, or just show up with 2 since you wouldn't be charged for a child under 3.

I was trying to play with the reservations so that I'm ready when October opens up, but it won't let me select a party size bigger than 2. Like, the drop-down menu won't even open up. It's been like that for days. Is that normal? Will it be different when October opens? Should I just try to call to get a reservation when October opens? I'm so nervous!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter