Wishes Date Dilemma - Help please!

jenna77

Disney Vow Renewal 2015!
I need advice...

We are planning a Wishes wedding for September, but I have recently learned that the only time I will be able to take off from work completely is two weeks in December, during Christmas. I really don't want to have to work during my honeymoon (I work online), and we were really set on having a dessert party, but they are not offered during the period of time when I am off work in December. Without a dessert party, I don't even see how we'd meet the Wishes min, without adding something I don't really want. I am not sure what to do. I thought about keeping the wedding in September and then going on our honeymoon in December during my break, however, we'd pay a fortune for the room (with no discounts during that time). Also, we were planning a weekday wedding and when not on break, I could have a mandatory phone meeting scheduled during my wedding!

Due to the nature of my job and the state of the economy, there is just no way I can take off additional time. I absolutely love my job, except for this.

Ouch, that's crappy!

:grouphug:

I don't really know what to say, I'd suggest having your wedding in Sept, and then the honeymoon in Dec, but the thought that you might need to make phone calls during your wedding is rediculous!!

So even an extra day off for your weekday wedding is out of the question???

:hug:

If they have a meeting, I have to attend, and they won't schedule the meetings for quite some time. Meetings are usually held Tuesday-Thursday, so to have a low minimum, the only day available is Monday, which just happens to be unavailable for our week in September.

Is there anything fun (that would count towards our min) that we could do besides a dessert party?

im sorry for your conundrum there. I'm curious though why they won't host a dessert party in December?? We hosted one on Dec 17th of '08 in Epcot.

My two weeks off start on December 20 and Epcot dessert party locations are blocked off from December 20 to January 2 due to peak attendance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter