Wish trip to WDW - but not staying at GKTW? Can you do that?

They didnt tell us until after we got to gktw that there would be no floating lights or dancing with/tucked in by rapunzel, or parade. We complained but received zero response, not even an acknowledgement they received my letter, call or email. We enjoyed gktw and the trip to disney, but it was not her wish. Stick to your guns, he only gets one wish, make sure its what he really wants! Also, GKTW is great, but it does take 30-40 min to get to the parks

Oh redberyl, how disappointing for your daughter. I'm so sorry that happened.

I think it's essential to let wish families know that the extra touches they may want (or that their kids are dreaming of) might be up to the parents to arrange.
Don't get me wrong, an all-expenses paid trip is an absolutely lovely gift for our kids, and we are profoundly grateful for it - but these wish trips are often marketed as having extra "magical" details and encounters that aren't part of the standard package that is actually given out. Many Wish families have never traveled before, so they don't *know* they can add extras at Disney parks, or how to do it, or what's possible until it's too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter