Wish there were a DDP w/o dessert

kansas_wazzu

Earning My Ears
I know that I would be not forced to eat it, but I would prefer a DDP that did not include a dessert. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I do not always eat a dessert (even an extra serving of fruit) with lunch and dinner. This is what keeps me from getting any DDP.

The usual answer is...there is a custom dining plan that fits your eating choices: pay cash and order what you want (or not order as the case may be.)

My answer is we usually save enough money buying the dining plan that we could skip the desserts and still save money using the DDP. After all, the dessert is usually the least expensive component of the meal (especially on the quick service meals.)

The usual answer is...there is a custom dining plan that fits your eating choices: pay cash and order what you want (or not order as the case may be.)
This describes us.

I just think that Disney would increase DDP participants like our family if they offered a plan without desserts for every meal. Even if it were priced $5 per adult per day less for the standard dining plan.

^^^^ As they said. :thumbsup2

I have been enjoying the QSDP since it was introduced though.

To the OP, I'm saying this with a smile ;), but be careful what you wish for. Some months back there was a rumor that Disney intended removing the desserts from select dining plans for 2011. The general response was not a postive one - to put it very mildly.

Not being one to order dessert WITH a meal, I found taking the fruit away for a snack later or for breakfast the next morning has worked very well. You just need to find what works for you. Usually if someone does not want dessert with their meals for at least one meal per day, the dining plan may not be the best option for them. So you may have saved yourself some serious number crunching to reach the conclusion of what suits you best. :goodvibes

you can often get yogurt or drinks in place of the dessert.

And last week when I was at the pepper market at coronado springs i was able to get a whole loaf of fresh french bread as my dessert. I wrapped it up and took it back to the room for sandwiches.

OP - I agree with you. And some CMs were willing to give us yogurt or fruit, or even milk instead of dessert (we always ordered an extra milk for DD who is 2), but there were at least 2 CMs who insisted we had to order a dessert from the menu. And one of those times we never even got our dessert (when I complained he noted it wasn't on my receipt; since I hadn't read the receipt when I received it I was SOL).

Yeah, I won't be doing the DDP again :eek:

I'd actually prefer a choice between appetizer and dessert. Some days (and some restaurants) the appetizer is a better choice for me.

My answer is we usually save enough money buying the dining plan that we could skip the desserts and still save money using the DDP. After all, the dessert is usually the least expensive component of the meal (especially on the quick service meals.)

We make out on the plan based on the way we order regardless of the dessert. We have given our desserts away sometimes. I agree there will be options to take a healthier dessert sometimes. You can get desserts to go.

Since Disney backed off on including appetizer on the lesser plan I don't think they will ever bring that option back even as an either or situation.

As others have stated you have the option of not getting the plan. Disney has a captive audience; so, I really don't think they need to push the dining plan too much. With it being a free offer at times, as well; I don't see the plans changing much in the future, either. When they added QSDP and premium plans, as well, they have pretty much given all the choices I believe they plan on doing for now. They have revamped their plans from when this all started; so, I think it's going to stay as is for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter