Votes: 55 46.6%
  • Hate it - I will let my beef Wellington hurl in projectile form

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Hate it - Cabanas here we come

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters

mlayton14

DIS Veteran
OK a lot of passionate opinions with the new ship announcement , I for one am shocked that Disney has decided to include a frozen dinner show in one of the MDRs. If there is any song in the world that my family (including wife and daughters) never needs to hear again it’s Let it go - I truly hope they allow us to finish our meals before rolling out that song but your opinion may vary. Interested to know your thoughts of hearing this song while dining on your beef Wellington (or insert your favorite dish) in the poll below.

Based on the Popularity of Tiana's and Rapunzel's, I have to say I am surprised that you are surprised. This seems like a no brainer to me.

Personally, I hate this kind of thing. I like to be left alone while eating dinner. I said on another thread that Hoop De Doo at WDW is my own personal form of hell and I will repeat that statement again here. I actually enjoy Rapunzel's so I will happily give this one a shot too.

You are right I shouldn’t be shocked - It’s just ... that song. The only other Disney song that is even close to the cringe factor is Be our Guest , and that’s a way distant 2nd. And by the way , I love Disney music

I'm somewhere between love it and begrudging tolerate it. I guess I like it, I don't mind it but there was a time when I had started to get sick of everything Frozen, including that song. That hype has sort of died down in the past couple of years so I can enjoy it again.

With that said, I agree with those who don't want a dinner show, just leave me alone and let me eat. ;)

With that said, I agree with those who don't want a dinner show, just leave me alone and let me eat. ;)

I think the thing about Rapunzel's that worked for me was it was A Song or two and then they left you alone to eat, then another song or two after a while so it wasn't a concert, just a few songs and the characters wandering around so it was a good blend of the two without being super overbearing.

I'm somewhere between love it and begrudging tolerate it.
That's where I am, also. I do like the song, just not played ad infinitum.......

Personally, I don't prefer big "shows" during dinner. I prefer to be able to enjoy my food, and conversing with my dining companions (at a normal conversation level). A little background music is nice, but keep it low. The dining rooms are often too loud just with the numbers of people talking, and food being served, adding a show is too much for my taste.

It will probably be unique and entertaining the first and second time we're on the Wish (unless it goes to a 5-night cruise or more and have to get it twice on that cruise). But, like Tiana's, I hope it doesn't get so loud that you can't hear yourself think. I enjoy the entertainment but not so intrusive that you can't talk to the person next to you.

Will they manage to avoid the song? Doubtful. I expect a rather enthusiastic sing-along at some point during dinner.
It could be rather nice if they would have a song-free Frozen restaurant experience, where the restaurant is creatively themed to be a bit like Elsa's ice castle, with the soft ice castle instrumental music played low, and you get to meet Frozen characters.

I have a feeling that's not what they have in mind, unfortunately.

That's where I am, also. I do like the song, just not played ad infinitum.......

Personally, I don't prefer big "shows" during dinner. I prefer to be able to enjoy my food, and conversing with my dining companions (at a normal conversation level). A little background music is nice, but keep it low. The dining rooms are often too loud just with the numbers of people talking, and food being served, adding a show is too much for my taste.

My hope is that since they are building the dining room FOR the show, rather than shoehorning one in to a restaurant that wasn't built for it, the acoustics will be much better.

Its not so much I dislike the song as I dislike the events around the dinners. I thought animators was a great compromise between show and being left alone. I don't want a character experience tbh - I wish they'd take a cue from Brazilian steakhouses with the little cards you flip based on whether you want the servers to bring you meat or not. If I could somehow let them know a wave as they pass us by is what I'm after without the awkward exchange that'd be swell.

My hope is that since they are building the dining room FOR the show, rather than shoehorning one in to a restaurant that wasn't built for it, the acoustics will be much better.

Its not so much I dislike the song as I dislike the events around the dinners. I thought animators was a great compromise between show and being left alone. I don't want a character experience tbh - I wish they'd take a cue from Brazilian steakhouses with the little cards you flip based on whether you want the servers to bring you meat or not. If I could somehow let them know a wave as they pass us by is what I'm after without the awkward exchange that'd be swell.

Like the little cards they used to have in Whispering Canyon at WDW if you didn't want to participate in the gags and ketchup thing.

Two things for me: we have twin girls that were in the "Princess Wheelhouse" when Frozen came out. Yeah. That. I'm Pavlovian trained to scream in frustration when that song is played :D. Just me. My wife will immediately skip to the next song. The kids know not to challenge her.

Second: we did a cruise on Wonder just after they changed over to TIana's place (RIP Parrot Cay), and they hadn't figured out that '11' was not a good volume setting for a dinner performance and entertainment. Eventually, we'll hit the Wish, but geez, can't we enjoy a good, quality meal without a (literal) song & dance? I loved the AP Magician Mickey on the Magic/Wonder. We watched the pictures 'draw' and tried to guess what the final render would be as we ate/waited. Lots of fun. I *really* don't need to be serenaded by a (probably very good singing version of) Elsa during my dinner. Really, it's not necessary.

Given that the show is set after Frozen 2, I would guess there will be nods to Let it go, but not the whole song. Probably something similar to "A cold never bothered me anyway" from Frozen Fever. Of course, the song was a big hit, so maybe they will try to work it in somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!