Wish - first timers Kids club

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi!
we are going to sail in the Wish on Nov, party of 10 that includes 2 girls - 7 yrs old and 1 teenager - 13 yrs; all first timers, so would like to get your tips please on the Kids clubs...

a) Check in
can we get the wristbands / confirm the password for pick them up while doing the embarkation at the port?
if that is not an alternative, then what is the best time to check them in?

b) Leave them there
I know that safety comes first for Disney but, how do we manage the parents fear of leaving the kids alone?.. will they be able to track location with the magicband?
Can they communicate with us through the navigator app?
Is there only one entrance/exit?
how a "missing"kid/parent is managed?

c) Food/drinks
Can they bring some water bottle?
Do they have access to food/snacks while in there?

d) The teenage girl could be with them all the time? can an adult be with them all the time?

e) activities
- Is there an organized activities schedule? or will they just walk around the different areas and play with whatever is available?

Any other important topic to consider?

thanks in advance!

I haven't had kids under 13 for several years, so I don't know about the current registration process or current activities, but I can answer a few questions.

b) The wristband does provide general tracking within the kids' club. The cast members can communicate with you through the Navigator App, letting you know if a kid wants to be picked up or has an issue that requires attention. There is an entrance/exit staffed by cast members who ensure that everyone entering is checked in and that everyone exiting is with a person authorized to pick them up or has parental permission to check themself out. That's where the passwords are used. There may be 2 ways to check in and enter on the Wish, by the slide and by the downstairs desk, but if so there will be cast members at both places.

d) The Oceaneers Club is limited to children aged 3 through 12, so no, a 13 year old will not be able to stay with the 7 year olds, nor will the adults. It may be possible for adults to go into the area just long enough to locate a kid, but I'm not even sure if that is still permitted. There will be an Open House some or all days, allowing everyone to explore the space together.

You used to be able to get the Club/Lab Mickey band in the terminal, but I think they are only doing that on the ship now. All kids' spaces are in "open house" mode the afternoon of embarkation. I suggest you stop by to visit, it may help allay some concerns. You can get the wrist bands for the younger ones at that time.

I also suggest stopping at Edge for the teen. No wristband for her, though. It is also important for her to go the first evening for an "ice breakers" or "planning" session (I forget what they call it). That's when most friendships are formed.

There is 1 entrance/exit at the Club and another at the Lab. Both are very secure. They aren't going to walk out unexpectedly. The CMs usually know which room your child(ren) is in when you arrive to pick them up. You can communicate with the Club/Lab through the app - that's how they will reach you if there is any issue (rare). If you want the kids to contact you, they will need to have a device however there isn't any place to secure belongings so anything the kids bring with them they must keep with them. At this time there is no food or drinks served in the Club/Lab. If they bring a waterbottle, again they have to keep it with them.

During secured programming only kids age 3-12 are allowed into the Club/Lab. There should be at least 1 "open house" time scheduled per day in each the Club and the Lab when the teen or adults may go with the kids.

There are activities. You'll find the schedule in the app. It changes day-by-day. Or they can choose to play as they wish - I haven't paid much attention yet to the Wish layout but there's usually a craft area, play area, electronic games, movies, etc. in addition to the planned activities.

Stop by the first day and speak with the CMs at the respective kids' spaces. Ask you questions, mention your concerns. They are use to that and will explain their processes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter