Wish Deck 13 Adult Sun deck and pirate night

Maggie'sMom

DIS Veteran
I thought the adult sundeck area on deck 13 of the Wish would be a great place to watch the fireworks as it would be 18 and over only. But there were a ton of kids up there. Do the 18 and over rules go out the window on Pirate night?

I thought the adult sundeck area on deck 13 of the Wish would be a great place to watch the fireworks as it would be 18 and over only. But there were a ton of kids up there. Do the 18 and over rules go out the window on Pirate night?
good question!

Lots of kids up there during the pirate party and fireworks, and not a single crewmember reminding people it is an 18+ area. Maybe I'm just being a cranky 50yo with my daughter now an adult, but with the adult areas so small already, I wish the 18+ restrictions would be enforced all the time.
I think unless adults in the 18+ area complain and force crew to say something, they just won't. Cause who wants to get yelled at right? (since some entitled parents would)

eta: I 100% agree think staff should be on top of that. I shouldn't have to complain to them to remove children from the ONLY 18+ areas that we have.

I think unless adults in the 18+ area complain and force crew to say something, they just won't. Cause who wants to get yelled at right? (since some entitled parents would)

eta: I 100% agree think staff should be on top of that. I shouldn't have to complain to them to remove children from the ONLY 18+ areas that we have.

Historically, my experience has been that the crew member assigned to the Quiet Cove pool area (squeegeeing the water, folding towels, taking towels off of loungers, etc.) has been very proactive at getting those under 18 to move along out of the area. I've even seen them checking KTTW cards to verify young looking adults were allowed to be there. Of course there are always times when they're not around for one reason or another but they've generally been pretty good about this.

Historically, my experience has been that the crew member assigned to the Quiet Cove pool area (squeegeeing the water, folding towels, taking towels off of loungers, etc.) has been very proactive at getting those under 18 to move along out of the area. I've even seen them checking KTTW cards to verify young looking adults were allowed to be there. Of course there are always times when they're not around for one reason or another but they've generally been pretty good about this.
I agree. They walked over as soon as they saw someone. The parent didn’t realize. That is what I saw last week on the Dream. Not sure how it was handled on Pirate night. I stood elsewhere and not sure if the Wish is different.

Oh I've had the same experience. I've only once saw a kid try to stay in there...he actually jumped in the pool...but the cast member immediately went over and told the parents to remove him from the pool and that this was an 18+ only area. I see adults bring their kids to walk through (due to the poor design and location of the areas and the aft elevators on the original 4 ships) and sometimes bring them into Cove Cafe which I find annoying. But they never stay longer than it takes the adult to buy their drink.

I commented on my experience with kids in the adult sundeck area on Pirate Night on both the comment card and on the survey I was emailed after the cruise. I hope that prompts a change so the 18+ area will be enforced at all times. Pirate Night was the only time during the cruise that I saw kids staying in the area. Although I was surprised that my 18yo was never asked to show her KTTW card to prove she was okay to be in the adult areas. I guess she acts and looks old enough.

I commented on my experience with kids in the adult sundeck area on Pirate Night on both the comment card and on the survey I was emailed after the cruise. I hope that prompts a change so the 18+ area will be enforced at all times. Pirate Night was the only time during the cruise that I saw kids staying in the area. Although I was surprised that my 18yo was never asked to show her KTTW card to prove she was okay to be in the adult areas. I guess she acts and looks old enough.
There was a recent complaint here about kids in Satellite Falls on the Fantasy during sail away, too. Maybe the cast members just don't enforce the 18+ rules during special events when they expect everyone to be out on the decks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter