WISH Away The Pounds No Excuses in November Challenge - Everyone Welcome!

Anyhow, just wanted to say I weighed in today and I am down 4 pounds for the week!! I never have weeks like this. I will probably gain it all back this weekend but at least I know I can still lose if I work hard. This was just the boost I needed!

Rose, congrats - that is fantastic!

Unfortunately, I barely lost this week. I've been on a strong streak of losing since late September until now, but I can clearly see what I did wrong this week. I only exercised 4 days, I have to increase that. Also, I had one really down night and gave in to carb cravings, comforting myself with food. :sad2: I also didn't eat enough fruits & veggies for the week. And I haven't slept well since the time change. I finally got 7+ hours last night and feel human again. I got in a good workout last night, and I'm determined to do the same tonight, plus plan my meals tonight for this next week -more veggies, less sugar, more protein, less fat, and less sodium. It feels good to have a plan! :)

TGIF, everyone! I need a weekend to recharge!

QOTD: I love all disney films and will watch them with or without kids in the house. Some favorites are tangled and Nemo.

I love 50 First Dates!! It's a romantic comedy. If you consider Adam Sandler "romantic"
Another go to for me is Up, or any Pixar movie now that I think about it. There are some sad moments, but the shows are cute anfd funny for the most part!

JIllian - OMG I love 50 first dates - my Hubs suffers from short term memory loss due to Epilepsy and we laugh hysterically at a lot of that movie as parts are pretty true to our lives..

Good afternoon all! I'm here at school today and finally have a minute to say hello!

I felt horrible this morning.... shaky, nauseous, sweaty, headachy. I think it was a blood sugar issues because I definitely felt better after breakfast (greek yogurt with rhubarb sauce), but still not myself, even now. I brought my lunch but didn't feel like eating it at 11:30 so I had a cheese stick and an apple then. I'm hungry now, but the chili I brought still doesn't appeal, so I'll wait until I'm home and have some toast and tea. Good excuse to just collapse and watch stupid tv when I get home!

This morning's weigh in was pretty decent, considering the weekend I had! I was up just .2..... I call that a WIN!

Off to answer the QOTD!............P

No time for replies right now actually. I'll BBL when I am home........P

Just had one incredible and quite nasty situation occur last Saturday.....

A new hire JUST WENT "POSTAL" and I had to witness the whole thing!!:scared1:

Per se, she was extremely verbally abusive to me (I was the only worker there at the time), used verbally abusive language, personal attacks not only on me...., was yelling at me, .made insults to the Management as well, etc.

you name it she did it.........

Trying to intice me into an argument......

Just one horrible time.
(she resigned later on that night) - THANK GOSH!!

NOW........ did I stress eat????

** NO **:cool1:

I am am very proud to say, that was the first time I have ever experienced this and passed with flying colors!!:thumbsup2

P.S. I made goal this week!:yay:

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers

First of all, glad you are SAFE and you won't have to worry about working with that nut-job in the future! Second.... great job not giving into the STRESS EATING! And of course, congrats on GOAL this week!

I am a runner and I have been very fortunate to run several Run Disney races. My big dream is to finish a Run Disney race at WDW. I have tried three different times and been swept each time. I can finish races at DL but the heat and humidity of FL are tough on this person from the Great White North. I'll be finishing the Princess in February so it's all good. princess: I would love to do the Tower of Terror 10 miler.

Someday a FL race will be YOURS!!

It would be great if you weren't the one doing the cooking. ;) Safeway is cooking our Thanksgiving dinner this year so DH will do a 5k and I will do a 10k at the same time that morning. Should be interesting.

I DON'T cook/host.... but we usually travel that morning to spend TG day with DH's family and then we travel again that night to my Mom's for a second TG dinner on Friday with my family. So TG morning I am usually prepping whatever foods I am bringing along and of course, packing up for a weekend away. And of course, with the traffic, we usually try to leave a little early. Just too crazy to drive the 45+ minutes into whatever town might be hosting a race.

You could easily walk a 16 MM pace and do a shorter RunDisney race, like Expedition Everest. Didn't Buffy and her son do that the week-end that you and DD met them? :cool2:

Great memory! I did meet Buffy and her DS when they were there for the EE race! The medal was SO COOL! I definitely agree that I could keep up a 16 MM or better with a run/walk combo.... although it would take some training to do it for a marathon distance! Maybe some day.

Good luck to everyone with their weigh in today! :goodvibes

THanks!!

Good Friday morning

Spent some time sewing yesterday. Will do the same today and then maybe grade some papers. Dh has signed us up to help at a boy scout thing this afternoon. I really don't want to since it is a warehouse and it is supposed to be cold and windy today.

Question of the Day
We went to see Free Bird yesterday. If you don't know what that movie is, it is about 2 turkeys who travel back in time to stop the pilgrims from using turkey for Thanksgiving. It was fun and they ripped a lot of things from other movies.

I love comedies. I want to laugh. There is too much sadness in life to go to sad movies. Laughter has been shown to help heal people so why not do it every day.

Do you have a go to movie or tv show that you watch to makes you happy?

Lately our family "go-to" show for a laugh is Big Bang Theory. We all have someone on the show that we identify with. I'm Penny.... not because I'm beautiful, but because I'm blonde and the "dumb one" in the family! DD is Bernadette.... beautiful, sassy and SMART!! :happytv:

I love MASH (certain ones because some are very dark) and anything with Bob Newhart.

Showing your age with those choices Dona!! :rotfl:

Off to get the day started.

Have a happy and healthy day.

F
I am happy to report a loss this week and I absolutely LOVED my Hula Hoop Jump Rope class!!! My core is SORE today but a good sore.. AND I brought a hoop home so I will be outside in the yard practicing!!! (can't inside the mobile home is just too tight!)

WOOHOO on that class! It sound like FUN!

Rose, congrats - that is fantastic!

Unfortunately, I barely lost this week. I've been on a strong streak of losing since late September until now, but I can clearly see what I did wrong this week. I only exercised 4 days, I have to increase that. Also, I had one really down night and gave in to carb cravings, comforting myself with food. :sad2: I also didn't eat enough fruits & veggies for the week. And I haven't slept well since the time change. I finally got 7+ hours last night and feel human again. I got in a good workout last night, and I'm determined to do the same tonight, plus plan my meals tonight for this next week -more veggies, less sugar, more protein, less fat, and less sodium. It feels good to have a plan! :)

TGIF, everyone! I need a weekend to recharge!

Sounds like you have a GREAT PLAN in place to get yourself back on track to keep losing! I LOVE a good plan! Great job not losing your momentum!

Friends.... I'm home and dinner is ready. Not sure what my tummy will want, but I made some roasted parmesan summer squash and veggie burger (real meat for the men!). I'll be back after dinner!................P

Question of the Day

Same Time Next Year (Alan Alda/Ellen Burstyn), El Dorado (John Wayne), Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (Jimmy Stewart), just about anything with Cary Grant...The Talk of the Town,Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, Room For One More etc...

My weigh in was up a bit (.4), DARN those Halloween left-overs! :rotfl2:

JIllian - OMG I love 50 first dates - my Hubs suffers from short term memory loss due to Epilepsy and we laugh hysterically at a lot of that movie as parts are pretty true to our lives..

I am so glad you can relate to such a great movie! My mother just has the memory of a goldfish, always has, and we think it's pretty funny for her as well!

I felt horrible this morning.... shaky, nauseous, sweaty, headachy. I think it was a blood sugar issues because I definitely felt better after breakfast (greek yogurt with rhubarb sauce), but still not myself, even now. I brought my lunch but didn't feel like eating it at 11:30 so I had a cheese stick and an apple then. I'm hungry now, but the chili I brought still doesn't appeal, so I'll wait until I'm home and have some toast and tea. Good excuse to just collapse and watch stupid tv when I get home!

This morning's weigh in was pretty decent, considering the weekend I had! I was up just .2..... I call that a WIN!

Off to answer the QOTD!............P

Definitely a win! :thumbsup2 Hope you're feeling much better very soon! I can relate to food that I bring for lunch sometimes not sounding good at all. I hope your stomach is better for dinner.

Good Saturday morning.

I got some sewing done yesterday and am planning to do more today. I do have to send some wedding pictures my BIL from his daughter's wedding in Sept.

Question of the Day

You had 24 hours with no one around and the place all to yourself.

1. Would you enjoy it?

2. What would you do?

It took me a while to get used to it when dh and the boys were going out on weekend camping trips but I found I loved doing it. When he stopped going out with the troop I missed the quiet time.

I love having nothing planned. I love to sit and sew either on my machine or hand sew. I love to watch old movies and eat what I want and when I want it.

Pam I know my choices of tv shows shows my age but ds2 has impressed some people by knowing some trivia about those old shows we made him watch when he was younger.

Good Saturday morning.

Question of the Day

1. Would you enjoy it?

2. What would you do?

I can't really imagine it!:lmao: I do have school days to myself sometimes, but I usually end up concentrating on laundry and housework.

I would watch chick flicks and Disney movies while scrapping I suppose...plus eat when I want...probably snacks throughout the day rather than real "meals".

Maybe a long relaxing bath followed by a small glass of wine!

Pam I know my choices of tv shows shows my age but ds2 has impressed some people by knowing some trivia about those old shows we made him watch when he was younger.

The only reference my kids have to Bob Newhart is the fact that he has made some guest appearances on Big Bang Theory recently. DH loves some of the older shows...M*A*S*H, Mork & Mindy, Hogan's Heroes...but the kids think they're lame. :lmao:

Morning all! I am obviously fighting some sort of stomach bug. I was up during the night (I won't go into the ugly details :rolleyes1 ) and thought I was better this morning, but my oatmeal with apples and raisins is not sitting real well. :sick: Guess I'll be more careful at lunch.

I need to go buy groceries today, but the nausea will definitely keep me from over-buying.:thumbsup2 and I'm not sure I can stomach the idea of doing my meal planning for next week. Maybe tomorrow.

I'll BBL to chat :) .......P

Hi all! :wave: It has been quite a week over here! Glad it is over AND a 3 day weekend :cheer2: I had a very good weigh-in this week so that makes me happy :teeth:

:cheer2: CONGRATS to all the runners this weekend :cheer2: To answer an earlier QOTD, I am not a runner. I think once am I bit more fit and able to do it, I would like to try it and see if I do like it (all I know is I HATED running in middle school PE.... which is probably the last I really ran anywhere). I do dream of participating in a Disney race... I think I would really like the Tink!

Good Friday morning

Question of the Day
We went to see Free Bird yesterday. If you don't know what that movie is, it is about 2 turkeys who travel back in time to stop the pilgrims from using turkey for Thanksgiving. It was fun and they ripped a lot of things from other movies.

I love comedies. I want to laugh. There is too much sadness in life to go to sad movies. Laughter has been shown to help heal people so why not do it every day.

I can't wait to see Free Birds... well I am more excited about Frozen but I LOVE holiday movies... so my favorite time of year is upon us! All holiday movies... Nightmare Before Christmas, The Santa Clause (have all 3), Christmas with the Kranks, Home Alone, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Rudolph and Frosty and all those old claymation Christmas movies!

But my everday feel good shows lately revolve around weddings! :bride: Say Yes to the Dress (both), David Tutera, Four Weddings!! So excited! Things are really coming together with our wedding plans now, but I am very stressed about money! Expensive stuff here and we are paying for it ourselves (except my mom did buy my dress, Thanks Mom!).

Good Saturday morning.
Question of the Day

1. Would you enjoy it?

2. What would you do?

I couldn't even imagine it! I KNOW I would enjoy, I would probably watse it watching MY shows on the tv (vs. the kids' shows and DF's shows!) and being able to spend some extra time sleeping and maybe at the Y!

Well all, I am working on updating our spreadsheet! Keep sending in the weigh-ins and good job everyone!

Hey guys! I haven't been on in a couple days and was all set to get caught up today, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't mean to bring anyone down, and you may not want to read this, but I am sharing because it makes you realize how precious life really is.

Our small town suffered a terrible tragedy last night and it's all anyone can think about. Two awesome, young high school seniors were killed in a car accident. 2 other students in that vehicle were flown to Pittsburgh with serious injuries (but I hear they are doing ok). The driver of the other vehicle, from the next town over, was killed as well (and is the husband of an woman my DH went to respiratory school with not long ago). He had his 12 year old step son and a 10 year old friend of his step son in the truck with him. The 10 year old was treated and released from the hospital. The 12 year old was flown to a Pittsburgh burn unit with burns and 2 broken femurs. Poor DH works in the ER and came home very shaken up since he had to see these families and all the pain. Needless to say, it's been a somber day. The students from my town were all on the football team and were slated for a playoff game today, which was cancelled. The football team has just announced that these boys' families want the team to play and honor these young men. They have rescheduled the game for Monday night.

So sorry to bring such sad news on such a positive thread. I think I needed to get some emotion out. Hug all your loved ones and be thankful for everything in your lives. Thanks for letting me share.

Jill

Hey guys! I haven't been on in a couple days and was all set to get caught up today, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't mean to bring anyone down, and you may not want to read this, but I am sharing because it makes you realize how precious life really is.

Our small town suffered a terrible tragedy last night and it's all anyone can think about. Two awesome, young high school seniors were killed in a car accident. 2 other students in that vehicle were flown to Pittsburgh with serious injuries (but I hear they are doing ok). The driver of the other vehicle, from the next town over, was killed as well (and is the husband of an woman my DH went to respiratory school with not long ago). He had his 12 year old step son and a 10 year old friend of his step son in the truck with him. The 10 year old was treated and released from the hospital. The 12 year old was flown to a Pittsburgh burn unit with burns and 2 broken femurs. Poor DH works in the ER and came home very shaken up since he had to see these families and all the pain. Needless to say, it's been a somber day. The students from my town were all on the football team and were slated for a playoff game today, which was cancelled. The football team has just announced that these boys' families want the team to play and honor these young men. They have rescheduled the game for Monday night.

So sorry to bring such sad news on such a positive thread. I think I needed to get some emotion out. Hug all your loved ones and be thankful for everything in your lives. Thanks for letting me share.

Jill

So sorry to hear this news... really reminds you how precious life is! My heart goes out to all the families effected by this tragedy.

Hi Guys, I'm back

Not only is my home laptop US, but my work one also went down this week. Luckily work have rebuilt, but I now how windows 7 (instead of XP) and Office 2010 (instead of 2007) and I'm having a hard time finding how things work!!

Weigh-wise it has been a bad week. I've been eating well, but the weight is just not shifting. ToM too, so hopefully when that is over, I may see a small loss...who knows???

Running-wise, I'm feeling good. Had to come home from work early on Friday as I was feeling sick/shivery, so went straight to be and slept for 12 hours straight. Didn't expect to run well yesterday at all, but went along to the park with DH thinking that I would maybe jog half of the course........completed it all in 33:55 which is my second-best time ever. Not only that, I ran all of it, no walking, no stopping until I was over the finish line! It's the first time I've ever done that. Looking forward to the 10K next week now!!!

Spending today cooking for the freezer again. By 10:30 I had everything prepped to make soup, chilli, bolognaise, fritata and tuna fishcakes. Soup and bolognaise are done, then I hit a problem....no cumin left. DH has rushed to the store for some so that I can get on with the rest of it. Just got to fry some onions for the fritata then I'm good to go.

Sorry I haven't been following the QOTD this week, but promise to try harder this week now that I've got a working laptop...I really don't like the phone/tablet app.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Got a bit behind so I am calling myself caught up from here.

Looking forward to hearing from our W&D racers. :cool2:

Good Saturday morning.

I got some sewing done yesterday and am planning to do more today. I do have to send some wedding pictures my BIL from his daughter's wedding in Sept.

Question of the Day

1. Would you enjoy it?

2. What would you do?

I would have a great time and find plenty to do. Watch some chick flicks on the big TV, hang out with the pets and eat popcorn. :cool2:

Thank you, Dona, for coaching this week! :thanks:

Morning all! I am obviously fighting some sort of stomach bug. I was up during the night (I won't go into the ugly details :rolleyes1 ) and thought I was better this morning, but my oatmeal with apples and raisins is not sitting real well. :sick: Guess I'll be more careful at lunch.

Sorry you have the crud, Pamela. :hug: Those guys can figure out their own meals for a day or two. :flower3:

Jill

So sorry to hear about this tragedy, Jill. It's going to be tough when you go back to school I am sure. :hug:

Hi Guys, I'm back

Not only is my home laptop US, but my work one also went down this week. Luckily work have rebuilt, but I now how windows 7 (instead of XP) and Office 2010 (instead of 2007) and I'm having a hard time finding how things work!!

Weigh-wise it has been a bad week. I've been eating well, but the weight is just not shifting. ToM too, so hopefully when that is over, I may see a small loss...who knows???

Running-wise, I'm feeling good. Had to come home from work early on Friday as I was feeling sick/shivery, so went straight to be and slept for 12 hours straight. Didn't expect to run well yesterday at all, but went along to the park with DH thinking that I would maybe jog half of the course........completed it all in 33:55 which is my second-best time ever. Not only that, I ran all of it, no walking, no stopping until I was over the finish line! It's the first time I've ever done that. Looking forward to the 10K next week now!!!

Spending today cooking for the freezer again. By 10:30 I had everything prepped to make soup, chilli, bolognaise, fritata and tuna fishcakes. Soup and bolognaise are done, then I hit a problem....no cumin left. DH has rushed to the store for some so that I can get on with the rest of it. Just got to fry some onions for the fritata then I'm good to go.

Sorry I haven't been following the QOTD this week, but promise to try harder this week now that I've got a working laptop...I really don't like the phone/tablet app.

Congrats on another 5K PR! You are totally going to be ready to rock your birthday and your 10K next week-end! :yay: party:

I will be back later today to post the QOTD for tomorrow so you east coast folks aren't waiting for me.

Happy Sunday!

Twenty four hours? I'd probably watch movies, scrapbook, shop on line, and read. I can dream of 24 hours!
I had four hours this summer and I didn't know what to do. I went by Quiznos (had never been) got some a sandwich and went home to watch a movie. So enjoyable.

Jill

So so sorry for those families and for your town(s). What a horrible, senseless tragedy. As a parents of kids that age, it literally makes me ill to think about what those families and friends are going through right now. :grouphug:

Hi Guys, I'm back

Sorry you are STILL having technical issues!!

Just keep on keeping on! The weight will move. You've been doing so well.... just a little plateau to keep you on your toes!

WOWZA!! :cheer2:

I'm so impressed you got so much cooking done again! I did a good bit of shopping yesterday, but the meal planning and prep has not happened. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will get that done!

Sorry you have the crud, Pamela. :hug: Those guys can figure out their own meals for a day or two. :flower3:

You would think that they would be able to do that! DH was helpful with the burgers Friday night... but as a general rule my men do NOT help with the cooking unless I beg!

I will be back later today to post the QOTD for tomorrow so you east coast folks aren't waiting for me.

Happy Sunday!

And happy Sunday to you!

Morning all!

Stomach seems to be improving but still having some issues. Switched out this morning's planned egg breakfast for greek yogurt with fruit. Thought that would help the tummy. Planned to wash sheets and hang them out, but this morning's rain/snow mixture changed that plan, although the sun is making an brief appearance right now. Also had plans to patch the pool today before it freezes for the season and to cut up the trees we took down yesterday to burn in the yard tonight... but that will depend on the weather and my stomach.

No school here tomorrow. My local Saver's (thrift store) is having 50% off of a bunch of stuff, so if I feel up to it I may head there in the morning. I've been making a list of stuff we NEED (yes NEED, not want.... too much junk in this house already), but not sure if I feel like making the drive. What I should be doing is cleaning the basement and making a big DONATION rather than a purchase! :lmao:

Off to remind DS to empty the dishwasher! TTYL.....................P

Good Sunday afternoon. It has been pretty quiet here today. I was going to post a question before but I got sidetracked .

So far this morning I have been to church, grocery shopping and helped sew some costumes for a couple of hours. Now I think I will sit and knit for a while and maybe quilt for a while later.

Question of the Day

If you could spend 24 hours in all of the parks, would you and what would you do?

Have a happy and healthy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter