WISH Away The Pounds No Excuses in November Challenge - Everyone Welcome!

I'm having a TERRIBLE week! I'm a stress eater and I've been stressed out dealing with some medical issues with my daughter. She is home this week from college due to being sick and needing to have some medical tests done. Not only am I worried about her being sick, but I'm worried about her getting behind! When I worry, I eat! Needless to say, I will probably be up in weight for the next weigh in! :(

Sending you good thoughts and a big hug.:grouphug:
Just do the very best you can and most importantly, get back on the wagon once everything is resolved. Everyone has weeks like this. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

This will be a quick post since I forgot this morning that I am coaching.

Question of the Day

I am getting ready to start my day here at school. For some reason I can't really start until I have heard the soundtrack for Soaring.

Is there something that you need to do to start your day?

Just popping in to say hi. Busy day at work. Actually the whole week will be crazy. But I keep reminding myself that even if I don't get caught up at work I am getting on a plane Friday morning.The following week is a weekend away too. So lots to look forward to.

I was supposed to go to the gym for strength class today, but between work chaos and my back spasming last night, I decided to actually taper :thumbsup2 and just walk with Mike when he gets home so I get in at least a mile today. I am not very good at tapering, but in the long run if I take it a little easier this week, I will probably have a better race.

Helen--what is in the baked bean lasagna?

Ok, Mike is home so time to walk before it gets too dark.

Forgot to tell you what's for dinner : spaghetti squash with spinach cashew pesto. Yum!

Hope the back is feeling better, Rose! :flower3: Soon you will be having a great time at WDW. :goodvibes

If anyone needs recipe suggestions, I suggest the SkinnyTaste website. She has awesome recipes and if you do WW, the points are on there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good evening :goodvibes

This time change has me all screwed up. I was awake this morning at 5:00. I am hoping that I can get back in a groove and sleep a little later tomorrow and each day this week until I'm back to 6:00.

I have been feeling a little off today. Since Friday, I have been watching my carbs (mainly avoiding white breads, pastas, and sugar) and don't know if that's why. So, I did eat a sugar cookie and a bite size dark chocolate Milky Way today :)

I ended up not joining a new gym yet. Today was 50 degrees (yay!) and I wanted to get outside to walk with the dog. A nice 55 minute walk to the park, through the park, and back home was perfect. It was almost 4 miles and I had one happy dog! Tomorrow I have a pto meeting at 4:00 and Wednesday I workout where DS7 takes gymnastics. So, I think I'll join later this week.

DH took DS10 to his drum lesson, so I am going to run and get some laundry done. Have a great night.

Jill

Thanks for the reminder on Skinny Taste, Jill! :thanks: I will have to go and check that out.

Time change is tough but I much prefer this one over spring.

Another busy week for you. :flower3:

My apologies AGAIN for being so MIA! With it being just a few days until the Wine and Dine Half, it seems like chaos has become the norm in my house. I just wanted to stop by and check in. :wave2: Between work taking me into super-high-stress mode, suddenly developing a last minute earache (REALLY??),trying to get packed, and the dog ready to go to the neighbors, it feels like my head is going to explode. I won't have much opportunity to check in, so have a great week, keep those legs moving and the good food choices coming, and I'll see you all after the madness subsides! And Rose, I'll see you this weekend! :cheer2:

Kim, have a fabulous time at W&D! I know you will rock your race! :yay:

MORNING ALL! Here I am, back from Minecon 2013! And of course, DS is sick...:sad2: Probably mostly just over-tired, but he did feel a bit warm to me and has been complaining about a headache for about 24 hours now, so I let him stay home today.

Wow, that weekend went by quickly!! I can say here that I am PROUD of most of the food choices I made..... but we did have a big pizza splurge on Sunday night. We were tired and just didn't feel like making our way to DTD to hit a restaurant there. DS really wanted to buy a pizza and get comfy at the hotel with our dinner.... so that is what we did! And I had another small splurge yesterday with a few TB of cookie dough (darn that DH for buying it for DS!). But honestly, overall, I had a great weekend. Plus I got lots of walking in around the convention center and at IOA!

But of course, we did get our bit of "Disney Magic" with a monorail round trip around Epcot and the MK.... plus we got off the monorail at the MK and walked down to the entrance to just take in a bit of the sights, sounds, and smells. But it was SUPER WEIRD and a bit anti-climactic knowing that we weren't actually going IN the park.

We had contemplated dinner at Chef Mickey's.... and they actually had an opening when we stopped at about 7pm.... but we didn't commit to it and when we returned later about 8:30, they didn't have anything left. So we decided it wasn't meant to be.... plus I was hesitant to spend the $80 plus tip it would have cost! We did catch a glimpse of Mickey though!:goodvibes

Our last morning was spent at DTD (really just an hour or so) and that was really nice. The weather was nice and there was a bit of fall decor around, which I've never experienced before (I've only ever visited Orlando in January, April, May, and December). Part of the plan to visit DTD included some Christmas shopping for DD. She would like one of the new Vera Bradley Disney wristlets for Christmas.... and of course, they were sold out of those. :confused3 Another thing that wasn't meant to be I suppose.

Home today to catch up on laundry and my WW work. I have my meeting tonight so I need to get ready for that. Plus I will take a walk outside today before I hit the shower.

Sounds like a fabulous time at MineCON and WDW. :cool2: Sorry your DS is sick. :flower3:

I noticed that we are still without a coach until tomorrow, so if no one minds, I will post a QOTD for today......

QOTD for Tuesday, November 5, 2013:

What is one little change you can commit to for this week that could add up to a BIG change on the scale?? Be sure it is something that you can really accomplish and hopefully stick with! Give it some thought!

.........................P

My one little change is getting my behind out the door before work and doing my workouts -- my leg is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better. :cool2:

The little change I have committed to this week is that I will eat more non-starchy veggies this week because my consumption of potatoes, sweet potatoes and squash has really crept up over the last few weeks. More cabbage, brocolli, carrots etc needed this week. I need a 2.5lb loss to get my next sticker at class, and it would be nice to get it before my birthday (a week Friday) if at all possible.

For those of you that want my veg chilli and baked bean lasagne recipes......I have them both as pdf files....anyone know if I can attach them in that format?? I also have them in word and publisher too!!!! Otherwise I can just cut and paste them.

Enjoying catching up with everyone at the moment as I was a bit out of it last month with work being so busy.

Good luck to everyone running this coming weekend...I'm going for a new PB in my weekly 5K, need a boost before my 1st ever 10K a week Sunday.

I know you can get that sticker and have a great race next week, Helen! ::yes::

QOTD: for me this will have to be to get back on the healthy food kick. Since the refrigerator died, and we had an 8 day gap in coolant, we've been making more pastas, pizzas and sandwiches to get by. And now that we've had the fridge for 5 days, we haven't really gotten back to the meat and veggies meals like we should. SOOOOO, I'm focusing especially on healthy meals this week. Gotta get ready for the calorie-laden cruise I'll be on in 11 days!

Thank goodness your fridge went out while you were still here. :flower3:

I think I could stop eating all that left over Halloween candy! :lmao:
I could really stop snacking in general!

:lmao:

I'm having a TERRIBLE week! I'm a stress eater and I've been stressed out dealing with some medical issues with my daughter. She is home this week from college due to being sick and needing to have some medical tests done. Not only am I worried about her being sick, but I'm worried about her getting behind! When I worry, I eat! Needless to say, I will probably be up in weight for the next weigh in! :(

So sorry for all the stress, StacyMarie! :hug: pixiedust: and good thoughts for your whole family.

Question of the Day

I am getting ready to start my day here at school. For some reason I can't really start until I have heard the soundtrack for Soaring.

Once I'm sitting at my desk at work I do need to get my Disney music started before I can get any work done. :rotfl:

I think I am goofed up with the time change. Ever since I got up I thought today was Tuesday but it's actually Wednesday. That puts a crimp in my plans. :rotfl:

Good luck to our Wine & Dine racers this week-end: Cam, Rose, Kim and Liz! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Question of the Day

I have to have my breakfast! I don't function too well without it!
I love that you start off your day with Disney! I will need to start up something soon with Disney, maybe my favorite Good Morning song from a certain Magic Kingdom rope drop!

Good luck to all running in Wine and Dine this weekend! I so wish I would be out there with all of you! Just remember one step and a time, and your WISH family is here for you!

I hope your daughter feels better very soon. Don't be so hard on yourself. I also turn to food for comfort, it's really tough when anxiety gets amped up. Maybe try to do something kind for yourself, if you feel like eating but aren't really hungry, like a warm bath instead. :grouphug:

Question of the Day

As soon as I wake up every morning, I pour myself a big glass of water and drink it while I journal. It always feels good to hydrate after sleeping, and it feels good to get in touch with my thoughts and feelings first thing in the morning, when it's all quiet and still, before the day gets too crazy.

The little change I have committed to this week is that I will eat more non-starchy veggies this week because my consumption of potatoes, sweet potatoes and squash has really crept up over the last few weeks. More cabbage, brocolli, carrots etc needed this week. I need a 2.5lb loss to get my next sticker at class, and it would be nice to get it before my birthday (a week Friday) if at all possible.

I'm with you on the starchy veggies.... maybe because it is fall?

For those of you that want my veg chilli and baked bean lasagne recipes......I have them both as pdf files....anyone know if I can attach them in that format?? I also have them in word and publisher too!!!! Otherwise I can just cut and paste them.

Would you mind cutting and pasting them into a post on the Healthy Recipe thread? Then everyone could enjoy them!!

Enjoying catching up with everyone at the moment as I was a bit out of it last month with work being so busy.

Good luck to everyone running this coming weekend...I'm going for a new PB in my weekly 5K, need a boost before my 1st ever 10K a week Sunday.

Wishing you "feet with wings" to get your new PB this week!

I have been working really hard on drinking water. It's more challenging at work, but I am getting in at least 32 ounces during the work day.

P--thanks for the links! :)

You are welcome and good job trying to get the water in!

QOTD: for me this will have to be to get back on the healthy food kick. Since the refrigerator died, and we had an 8 day gap in coolant, we've been making more pastas, pizzas and sandwiches to get by. And now that we've had the fridge for 5 days, we haven't really gotten back to the meat and veggies meals like we should. SOOOOO, I'm focusing especially on healthy meals this week. Gotta get ready for the calorie-laden cruise I'll be on in 11 days!

So jealous of the cruising! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

I would say that an upcoming vacation would be plenty of inspiration to eat RIGHT before you leave!

I think I could stop eating all that left over Halloween candy! :lmao:
I could really stop snacking in general!

Be sure to have PLENTY of healthy OP snacks right there, up front in the pantry/fridge. It will make the choice a bit easier!

First of all.... :hug: to your DD! My DD is a freshman away at school and I know how stressed she (and I) would be if she came home sick!

Next up, remind yourself that you need to stay healthy to help her!

Sounds like a fabulous time at MineCON and WDW. :cool2: Sorry your DS is sick. :flower3:

It was a great time! I will post a few pictures later. He is back to school today and feeling much better. It was probably just exhaustion!

My one little change is getting my behind out the door before work and doing my workouts -- my leg is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better. :cool2:

So glad your leg is improving!

Once I'm sitting at my desk at work I do need to get my Disney music started before I can get any work done. :rotfl:

I think I am goofed up with the time change. Ever since I got up I thought today was Tuesday but it's actually Wednesday. That puts a crimp in my plans. :rotfl:

Sorry that the time change is messing with you!

Good luck to our Wine & Dine racers this week-end: Cam, Rose, Kim and Liz! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I second that!!

I hope your daughter feels better very soon. Don't be so hard on yourself. I also turn to food for comfort, it's really tough when anxiety gets amped up. Maybe try to do something kind for yourself, if you feel like eating but aren't really hungry, like a warm bath instead. :grouphug:

GREAT suggestions!!

As soon as I wake up every morning, I pour myself a big glass of water and drink it while I journal. It always feels good to hydrate after sleeping, and it feels good to get in touch with my thoughts and feelings first thing in the morning, when it's all quiet and still, before the day gets too crazy.

WOW... I'm impressed! That is a wonderful way to start your day off on the right note!

Morning all! I am home again today. I'll miss the $$ but the time at home is great. I spent so much time on my WW work yesterday that I didn't get any home chores accomplished, so today is laundry and vacuuming day!

A bit headachy and feeling like I might have a sinus/head cold coming on this morning, so I splurged on carbs for breakfast as a "comfort" thing. I had a bowl of "Vermont Morning 100% organic whole grain/multi-grain oatmeal plus" with an apple diced up and tossed in. It was delicious and just what I needed this morning. Lots of fiber and protein plus warm and sweet and cinnamon-y.

We had a heating oil delivery this morning... probably our first in a few months, which means the budget will be tight this month, so I'll be looking for some thrifty healthy recipes to help stretch the groceries in the house. I think I'll start by making myself a batch of some sort of bean soup. I can freeze it in batches and grab out a serving for lunch at home or at work. DH is away tonight, so tonight's dinner will probably be baked potato for DS and last night's leftover soup for me.

I do have plenty of meat in the freezer to get us through the month. It will just be the produce and dairy I will need to buy. For now I have 2 heads of lettuce, one tomato, one butternut squash, 1 lb. of fresh broccoli, a few sweet onions, some celery and about 8 apples on hand. I'll use the celery and onions in my bean soup along with a can of diced tomatoes. I'll probably make the broccoli to go with tonight's dinner and the apples are there for snacks. So I should make it through the next 48 hours.... maybe. ;) I'll have to scour the freezer for a bag of frozen something for tomorrow night's dinner veggie! :rotfl:

Off to refill my coffee cup (although I should be moving to green tea by this point in the day). Then I will answer the QOTD!............._

Question of the Day

Not anything in particular. If I played the soundtrack to Soarin' I'd end up stopped dead in my tracks! That music just makes me want to stop and remember our trip to DL in 2005! :rotfl:

While I really ENJOY my coffee and such, I could get moving without it if need be. But I would really miss that and my healthy breakfast!
.............................P

Hi, all!

StacyMarie, I'm so sorry to hear about your lousy week. Sometimes I think we just have to give ourselves permission to do what we need to do to get through the rough spots, knowing that they're finite and we can get back on track afterward. Sending good wishes to you and your DD! :flower3:

Thank you!! DH and I leave at stupid-o'clock tomorrow morning for the airport, and we should be at WDW by 10:30am...woohoo! I'm really psyched for this race - feeling ready to rock it. We don't come home until Monday afternoon, so this should be a nice little break beyond just the race. Can't wait to hit Food & Wine and Festival of the Masters! Now to make sure I don't overdo it on my feet and at the kiosks before the race... :)

XOXO
Liz

Here are just a few pictures from this past weekend.....

And this is where we are!!

ry%3D400

DS and I waiting in line, day #1

ry%3D400

Me and Minecraft "Steve"

ry%3D400

DS meeting "Captain Sparklez" (Minecraft celebrity!)

ry%3D400

Me meeting the characters at WWOHP (I'm holding the "Flat Roger" from DD's university).

ry%3D400

I was excited to see the Hogwarts Express!!

ry%3D400

So close to the magic, I can almost SMELL it!

ry%3D400

That's all for now!.................P

I noticed that we are still without a coach until tomorrow, so if no one minds, I will post a QOTD for today......

What is one little change you can commit to for this week that could add up to a BIG change on the scale?? Be sure it is something that you can really accomplish and hopefully stick with! Give it some thought!

One change is stop snacking at night- prezels are not a good atkins snack! I really wish there were some kind of low carb salty chip type snack! well I'll work on it best I can

Question of the Day

for starting my day - I need to shower or I just feel like a slug all day long! so for me I should do it right when I get up so I am productive all day long!

Thanks for the great, positive vibes on the race everyone! I am excited! We are legacy runners for W&D and I am so glad we signed up again this year!

Lisa--glad your leg is letting you exercise. :) Hope it continues to improve.

Great pictures Pamela! :)

bigsis1970--how about just a couple salty nuts? Blue Diamond makes almond crackers--not sure what the carb situation is like.

Liz--we leave at o'dark o'thirty on Friday. :) Have a safe trip and a great race!

QOTD--this is a hard one for me. It takes me a lonnnnnnng time to get going in the morning. I wake up fine, just spend too much time doing "stuff". I always start the day with breakfast--sometimes after my workout, but don't feel like the day is really started until I have breakfast. :)

Somebody tell me to pack.:thumbsup2 We travel a lot and you would think this would be a no brainer, but I just do not like packing. For some reason I am terrified I am going to forget something. And I often do, but in the big scheme of things most things are replaceable, so no big deal.

Hope everyone is having a healthy Wednesday!

ROSE.....Go pack! As long as you have your wallet with credit cards and ID, medications, glasses/contacts, your running outfit/shoes, and your tickets, you are ALL SET! They have Walmart AND Target in Orlando!! Don't worry too much about what you might forget. Have a WONDERFUL TIME!................P

Quiet group here today! Hope everyone is okay! I spent waaaaay too much time on the computer today, ordering pictures, etc.

Off to check on the broccoli I'm roasting...............P

I'm in for the November challenge. This is the first time I've joined. Not only was I late starting, but then I got sickkkk as soon as I joined in. Of course I lost my weight already, but the trick for me is to not gain it back immediately. After being sick, I feel super skinny :rotfl: so I feel free to eat.

I'm in for the November challenge. This is the first time I've joined. Not only was I late starting, but then I got sickkkk as soon as I joined in. Of course I lost my weight already, but the trick for me is to not gain it back immediately. After being sick, I feel super skinny :rotfl: so I feel free to eat.

HEY there! Welcome! Be sure to go back to page one and read up on how our challenges work....then feel free to jump right in! Sorry you were sick... hope you are much better!

Evening friends! Where is everyone?

Well.... I managed to consume one of my two heads of lettuce, the one tomato, and the rest of the broccoli with dinner tonight.... so I definitely see a stop for produce in my near future!:rotfl: That being said, I did find the last container of frozen rhubarb sauce in the freezer. It is GREAT in greek yogurt, so I don't have to worry about buying more (expensive) berries this week! Also pulled out a pork loin to throw in the crockpot for tomorrow's dinner.

REALLY craving some popcorn tonight, but trying to watch the carbs (to make up for my splurges this past weekend). I have enough points left for some nuts, so maybe I'll sub that in.

Off to check email one more time before Survivor starts! TTY tomorow........P

My little change is watching my white carbs. I've ben avoiding breads, pastas, and sugary stuff...which has been a challenge with DSs Halloween candy!

I'm so sorry that your daughter is sick and you are feeling so stressed. Hopefully, it will get figured out and everything will turn out fine. Try to remember that food is fuel. When I grab something that I really don't need to eat, if I say food is fuel, it really changes my mind! Good luck with everything.

Question of the Day

I need to wake up and get in the shower right away. A nice, quiet shower starts my day right. After that, I can do whatever. I also get to work about 30 minutes early to get some more peace & quiet before the students arrive. I can get so much done in those 30 minutes compared to my planning period or lunch break. I love the listening to Soarin' music, though. I may have to try it. Although, it may depress me with no wdw trip in sight :rotfl:

I'm glad the leg is improving :)

At least the week is going faster for you! I'm still struggling with this time change. I was up an hour earlier than I needed to be so far this week.

Yay! Have a great time, ladies :) Oh, and tell Mickey I miss him :sad:

Pamela~I'm glad you had a good time in Florida. Your son is so grown up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening all. I really do not have too much to chit-chat about tonight. I am signing up to run a Thanksgiving day 5k again this year. It's called the Gobble Wobble and usually DS10, DSis. BIL, and Dnephew run as well. DS7 did it with DH one year and he vowed to never run a 5k ever again...he'd only do a 1k, 2k, or 3k :lmao: This year it may just be me and my nephew. And he runs in 18:00 or less! Last year he ran with friends and they brought their varsity cross country flag (big flag on a wooden pole) and passed it around as they ran as a group. All this among 1200 runners in a 2.5 mile perimeter park :rotfl: They had a fun time. I think the flag slowed them down, though. All 7 of them finished in the 20-21 minute time. I guess I better start running more to prep for this!

Oh my, it's gotten late! I need to get DSs ready for bed and check the menu to see if they are packing or buying lunches tomorrow. Then I need to figure out what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow! I'll check back soon. Have great night.

Jill

Good luck to all running in Wine and Dine this weekend! I so wish I would be out there with all of you! Just remember one step and a time, and your WISH family is here for you!

Way to show the WISH spirit! ::yes::

That sounds like a nice, quiet start to your day! :hippie:

Pamela, I enjoyed all you pictures -- looks like a great time. Glad to hear that DS is feeling better. Hope that you are too. :flower3:

Thank you!! DH and I leave at stupid-o'clock tomorrow morning for the airport, and we should be at WDW by 10:30am...woohoo! I'm really psyched for this race - feeling ready to rock it. We don't come home until Monday afternoon, so this should be a nice little break beyond just the race. Can't wait to hit Food & Wine and Festival of the Masters! Now to make sure I don't overdo it on my feet and at the kiosks before the race... :)

Safe travels, Liz, and have a wonderful time! :cheer2: Those crazy early flights are worthwhile when you are walking in the park gates at lunch time. :cool2:

One change is stop snacking at night- prezels are not a good atkins snack! I really wish there were some kind of low carb salty chip type snack! well I'll work on it best I can

for starting my day - I need to shower or I just feel like a slug all day long! so for me I should do it right when I get up so I am productive all day long!

Have you looked at the Blue Diamond Nut Thins? They are made with rice flour and have seeds like flax and sesame. They are very tasty but may have too many carbs. :confused3

Thanks for the great, positive vibes on the race everyone! I am excited! We are legacy runners for W&D and I am so glad we signed up again this year!

:cool2: I know that you will have a great time and I hope your packing went well yesterday. :flower3:

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Hope you are feeling better now. :flower3:

At least the week is going faster for you! I'm still struggling with this time change. I was up an hour earlier than I needed to be so far this week.

Me too! It's crazy. Makes for a long night for sure. ;) But very helpful to work out early in the morning.

Good evening all. I really do not have too much to chit-chat about tonight. I am signing up to run a Thanksgiving day 5k again this year. It's called the Gobble Wobble and usually DS10, DSis. BIL, and Dnephew run as well. DS7 did it with DH one year and he vowed to never run a 5k ever again...he'd only do a 1k, 2k, or 3k :lmao: This year it may just be me and my nephew. And he runs in 18:00 or less! Last year he ran with friends and they brought their varsity cross country flag (big flag on a wooden pole) and passed it around as they ran as a group. All this among 1200 runners in a 2.5 mile perimeter park :rotfl: They had a fun time. I think the flag slowed them down, though. All 7 of them finished in the 20-21 minute time. I guess I better start running more to prep for this!

Sounds like a fun, family affair! :cool2: Don't let them stick you with running with the flag. ;)

I am plugging away here. Today is parent-teacher conference so I will have to find a different WW meeting to go to this week. It's kind of fun to try a different leader.

Have a great day all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter