WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

signing off to join March and send in my final WI. was pleased that my med adjustment and really watching my portions and juicing has allowed me to lose the water retention I was hanging onto this month :woohoo:

DO you make your own bean burgers? I've only attempted it a few times. They are a PITA (IMHO) so I stick with store bought.

:rotfl: No I buy the store bought ones. Also you asked about the mac and cheese receipe with Califlower. It is a WW receipe and you cook 2 cups rotini noodles then drain, then cook green giant califlower in cheese sauce (it calls for 24oz bag and couldn't find so just used 2 boxes that were 10oz each and it worked fine), puree califlower once cooked, mix into cooked pasta. Melt 2 laughing cow cheese wedges in microwave for 30 sec with pinch of salt, pepper, cayan pepper. Mix laughing cow cheese with pasta. Bake in oven 350 for 10 minutes. It tasted pretty good and even my kids ate it.

I had a great week. I lost 8 pounds! It is amazing what happens when you watch what you eat and work out 5 days a week. I love my personal trainer and my new gym. I have taken Zumba, Body Jam, and tonight I am going to try a step class. I am looking forward to great success in March! :lovestruc

Hello all! :wave2:

I am back from my fabulously fun Princess week-end! princess: I had a great time. It was very hot and humid to me. I met Buffy and her lovely family and did the 5k on Friday, scream teamed the 10k with Lisa and went to the WISH meet on Saturday, and started the Princess Half but was swept at mile 5. I have now accepted after four attempts that a half marathon in FL is not going to happen for me in this lifetime. I've finished five half marathons and for now I feel that is enough. I had a wonderful time and so much fun with all my friends. It was a memory that I will treasure always. :goodvibes

To ensure that I did not come home and sit on the couch I had already signed up for a 5k training group at my local running store. This will be a totally new experience for me as they run outside regardless of weather -- I train a lot on the indoor track -- and they are starting out running 2 minutes/walking 2 minutes. So it will be like a total reboot for me. I'm already having nightmares about it. :rotfl2: Our first run is Saturday when it is forecast to be 7 and 20 plus mile an hour winds. :rotfl:

Amanda your wedding looks like it is going to be wonderful and so much fun! :bride: Thank you for hostessing this month! :flower3:

WOFTD sorry I missed your coaching debut! :flower3:

Thanks for coaching this week, Susan! :flower3:

I was at 95% for the month so I consider that a victory -- see you all on the March thread! :cool2:

I was at Disneyworld once when I was a teenager and got really sick because of the humidity. I have never been that way except that once.

Hi ladies!

First of all, WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! to our Princess runners! I was so jealous to be on the sidelines, but after Dopey, I certainly can't complain. Princess is on my list one of these years! :) Congratulations to all of you on a wonderful accomplishment! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

February was...not kind. I plateau'd something fierce! I ended the month up a half pound from where I started. It could have been worse, absolutely, and I've started making an effort to get more intentional about exercise. I have a half marathon two weeks from tomorrow, and I've been getting ready for that, but I haven't been really diving into other areas of well-rounded exercise. I started back up with Jillian and Ripped in 30. I like that workout - it's always challenging when I start it over - I do it 3x/week or so and take two weeks per level, so it ends up being a 2-month endeavor to do the whole thing.

And yesterday I got comped into our work gym and had a great conversation with the membership director (who comped me in). I telecommute 4 days a week, so it doesn't make sense to buy a membership. However, it was great yesterday to pop in for a 3-mile run because I had that hole in my schedule and wanted to squeeze the exercise in. In talking with her, though, I learned that their new membership system allows them to design custom memberships for employees on different schedules! She's running numbers on the different levels (I'd love to use the locker room with the towel service - less to carry), but the most basic get-in-the-door fee for a whole year (at 1x/week) would only be $75! For a year! I can do that, and it would let me exercise on a day I've always written off as an impossibilty because of my schedule. Take that, pounds.

So on to March. Sunday night is Oscar night. Oscar night for me is, well, indulgent. It's terrible, but it's my once a year tradition, and I love it. I'm on the couch from red carpet to Best Picture announcement, with live blogs and my Oscar pool, and my food is: Kraft Mac & Cheese Deluxe (the one time a year I eat it - YUM), dark chocolate m&m's, and wine. Heaven, right? I have an added bonus this year in that I know two nominees! The songwriters from Frozen are a wonderful married couple; he's a college friend. We are BEYOND excited for them to hopefully take home an Oscar, so this year is even bigger than usual for my Oscar night tradition.

Since my March starting weight is coming on Monday, I have a feeling I'll be starting March a little high after Sunday night, but I'm hoping to rein it in on Saturday and Sunday during the day while we're gone to try and balance the Sunday night madness a little bit. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

XO
Liz

Have fun tomorrow--it's once a year. It's big for us too--all people seem to care about in this town is football. I hardly know any of my customers or people I work with that watch them.

:rotfl: No I buy the store bought ones. Also you asked about the mac and cheese receipe with Califlower. It is a WW receipe and you cook 2 cups rotini noodles then drain, then cook green giant califlower in cheese sauce (it calls for 24oz bag and couldn't find so just used 2 boxes that were 10oz each and it worked fine), puree califlower once cooked, mix into cooked pasta. Melt 2 laughing cow cheese wedges in microwave for 30 sec with pinch of salt, pepper, cayan pepper. Mix laughing cow cheese with pasta. Bake in oven 350 for 10 minutes. It tasted pretty good and even my kids ate it.

I had a great week. I lost 8 pounds! It is amazing what happens when you watch what you eat and work out 5 days a week. I love my personal trainer and my new gym. I have taken Zumba, Body Jam, and tonight I am going to try a step class. I am looking forward to great success in March! :lovestruc

I don't think I've ever lost 8 pounds in a week. Wow.

QUOTD FEB. 28th Friday:

What's your motivation for losing weight right now?

For me vanity is the biggest issue, I'll be honest. I'm almost 46 but I'm still fighting to hang on to some semblance of attractiveness. It seems like I've always had to fight for it--now it's just harder and takes more time. I don't know when if ever, I'll feel like giving up. I see all kinds of women around me who just don't seem to give a darn and they seem pretty happy and successful. Until I was a teen I never cared how I looked, I was happy climbing trees, scouting deer trails, reading Nancy Drew, collecting rocks. Wonder if at some point I'll be happy to settle back into that.

QUOTD FEB. 28th Friday:

What's your motivation for losing weight right now?

For me vanity is the biggest issue, I'll be honest. I'm almost 46 but I'm still fighting to hang on to some semblance of attractiveness. It seems like I've always had to fight for it--now it's just harder and takes more time. I don't know when if ever, I'll feel like giving up. I see all kinds of women around me who just don't seem to give a darn and they seem pretty happy and successful. Until I was a teen I never cared how I looked, I was happy climbing trees, scouting deer trails, reading Nancy Drew, collecting rocks. Wonder if at some point I'll be happy to settle back into that.

I sure can relate to what you're saying! Lately I've been analyzing the fine lines in my face and moisturizing, moisturizing, moisturizing! I've always liked makeup but could go days without wearing any. Now I feel like I always have to!

Well I was up a little for end of this month's challenge but overall I lost almost my goal so I am good with that.. I have set a new goal and reported in to both hostesses..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter