Winter Storm Harper

jd99

DIS Veteran
Stupid Harper! We fly out of Pittsburgh at 4:55 p.m. Saturday - first time we have ever left this late but had to do it due to a dance obligation for DD - for a very short 3 night trip. Send some pixie dust our way that Harper takes her time (it is a her right?) and hits later in the day on Saturday so we can get out. If we get canceled we will have to cancel the trip and don't have a free weekend until May to reschedule (and even that is iffy).

Updated weather forecast has snow "arriving" around 2 p.m. Maybe as late as 5. If I can get enough pixie dust to put up a cloud of it to stall the storm till after 5, I know we'll be good to go. If we get delayed then I know that we are screwed because it is supposed to snow for 24 hours straight. So here's to a large cloud of pixie dust at the Ohio border.

Pixie dust. Every winter I say the same thing. Why do we book a trip in January and February.

I live just south of Pittsburgh. Here's hoping you get your pixie dust! Maybe everything will hit a bit further north and you'll get rain early on (because that would mean I get rain, too ;) ). Fingers crossed for you!

:tink:Sending pixie dust your way. We are also watching this storm as we are flying out of Philadelphia on Monday. Calling for ice - strong winds - freezing temps. This will be the last time we fly in the winter, to stressful.

Although we had to cancel our September trip in 2017 due to a hurricane.

Sorry, but I hope it doesn't stall because that would keep it over where I live for a longer period of time!

Seriously though... I wish you luck and hope you get out!

I hope you are able to get out for your trip!

I have a co-worker who is going on her first cruise, it is leaves tomorrow. They are supposed to fly out of Columbus tonight, their first time flying ever. She was worried that her flight won't make it out and she will lose all of the money she has paid. She didn't buy trip insurance because it was too expensive and she thought they would just put them on another cruise later if they missed this one. :sad2:

I hope you are able to get out for your trip!

I have a co-worker who is going on her first cruise, it is leaves tomorrow. They are supposed to fly out of Columbus tonight, their first time flying ever. She was worried that her flight won't make it out and she will lose all of the money she has paid. She didn't buy trip insurance because it was too expensive and she thought they would just put them on another cruise later if they missed this one. :sad2:

Columbus has just been rain so far all day today. Hopefully that lasts until her flight time.

OP should have been OK. We are just north of Pittsburgh and it is still 35º and raining at 7:00
assuming planer made it to Pittsburgh from where it was coming from. years ago my daughter twirled at bowl game in Orlando and their group's flight home was snowed out in Orlando because of snow in Detroit. Ps just heard that over 2000 flights were canceled today so her plane could have been affected even with rain in Pitt

assuming planer made it to Pittsburgh from where it was coming from. years ago my daughter twirled at bowl game in Orlando and their group's flight home was snowed out in Orlando because of snow in Detroit. Ps just heard that over 2000 flights were canceled today so her plane could have been affected even with rain in Pitt

very true! But there was a 4:55 flight on Southwest from PIT to MCo that left 4 minutes early so hopefully that was them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter