wines/champagne

asouthernbelle

Mouseketeer
is the "A Sweet Welcome and an Elegant Farewell "
A Sweet Welcome and an Elegant Farewell

Item 2000, $52

Open a bottle of Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante in your stateroom on embarkation, and a farewell bottle of Korbel Brut Champagne in your stateroom—or served with dinner—on the last night of your cruise.

anyone had these wines/champagnes? i dont know what they taste like but she prefers flirty and fruity. please let me know if these are in the right direction

and the romantic encounter
Bottle of Champagne, Chocolates and 2 Disney Cruise Line Robes in a Collapsible Ice Bucket
Romantic Encounter
Item 2110, $99

Add some extra romance to your getaway! Lounge in your stateroom with the one you love wearing the Disney Cruise Line robes, enjoy a bottle of Champagne (which comes nestled in a collapsible ice bucket) and savor decadent chocolates.

worth it?
should i get more? my fiancee will drink 3 glasses with dinner, and possibly another before bed.

what champagne comes with the romantic encounter? has anyone had it? are the robes a good quality fabric? how about the chocolates? :upsidedow

Asti and the Korbel are not expensive so I would think you could just buy a bottle of each and bring it on board. Obviously you will be paying for the service of having it brought to your room with a bucket etc but if you bought chocolates and the champagne on your own, you could set it up in the room while your fiance was in the washroom etc.. I'm sure she would be touched either way! Good luck whatever you decide!

Hope this helps. I am not a big drinker but I have had both and they are good, not great but very good. But keep in mind that I really do not like Champagne. I am a Fruity White Wine drinker, one glass at a setting.

Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante ($10 to $15 at the store)
Sparkling and slightly fruity is a nice alterative to a drier champagne. Best when served chilled. Should be drank immediately as it does not store well once the bottle has been opened. Best kept on ice once opened to keep it crisp and chilled.

Korbel Brut Champagne ($10 to $15 at the store)
Clean and bright on the nose with yeast scents paired with white orchard fruits. On the palate this is noticeably sweet with lots of fruit, pears, and spice tones. It’s very richly fruited and retains a youthful, green grape tone to the mid-palate and onto the moderately long finish

thanks! that was what i needed as to the wines. i will have it delievered there being two women have a hard enough time cramming outfits into our suitcases! :lmao::goodvibes

The Asti will be sweeter. Most everyone likes a glass or two of it. The Korbel will be slightly dry. That is what Brut means. Both are not bad. I served both this past holiday. Asti is normally for people that don't drink a lot of wine and want something sweet. Korbel will remind you of a Chardonnay wine.

We bought the romantic encounter a couple years ago. It was nice and I still use the robes. But they run a bit small for men. Especially after they have been washed. DH is 6' tall and weighs about 185. It was a bit small on him. But he could wear it ok until I washed and dried it. I think that Korbel is what they normally put in that package. But you may be able to ask for something else.

and the romantic encounter
Bottle of Champagne, Chocolates and 2 Disney Cruise Line Robes in a Collapsible Ice Bucket
Romantic Encounter
Item 2110, $99

Add some extra romance to your getaway! Lounge in your stateroom with the one you love wearing the Disney Cruise Line robes, enjoy a bottle of Champagne (which comes nestled in a collapsible ice bucket) and savor decadent chocolates.

what champagne comes with the romantic encounter? has anyone had it? are the robes a good quality fabric? how about the chocolates? :upsidedow

We were given the Romantic Encounter package as a gift. It was a bottle of moet White Star Imperial. Very nice - but not a fruity Champaign at all. (The Asti is the lightest of all that you mentioned). The wine bucket is nice, and it is more like a round cooler with tongs. I have used it a couple of times (once for wine even). I use my robe daily. The are a waffle type of cotton - light weight, dry quickly. I am not a stick by any means and have no problem fitting in the robe. I think I "stole" DH's as well so that I have one in the bath and on by my side of the bed... :) One really cute thing was that the it also came with 2 chocolate champaign flutes filled with chocolates.

As for cost, the wine ranges in price - $30 - $50 retail, up to $70 in restaurants. Not sure on the robe cost.

You're paying for the presentation and the delivery. If you have private transportation, you can purchase these at many outlets near the port and take them on in your carry on (or bring a rolling bag just for that purpose!)

Personally, I love the Asti.

Another thought--contact Shirley at "The Perfect Gift" and see what she can suggest as an embarkation surprise.

Another thought--contact Shirley at "The Perfect Gift" and see what she can suggest as an embarkation surprise.

:thumbsup2 Yeah, like a bottle of Banfi Rosa Regale and some Dove chocolates, perhaps in a fun tote!

I, too, like a flirty and fruity wine and champagne and have had both of those. Frankly, they make me gag, especially the Asti.

I would suggest a nice Freixenet Cordon Negro Extra Dry or a Freixenet Carta Nevada Brut, or even a dessert wine such as my favorite, Nivole by Michele Chiarlo.

Better yet, slyly find out what her faves are and get those in. You'll save a lot of money and make a better experience! If you can get some chocolate dipped strawberries to accompany, so much the better!

who is this magical shirley and what is this "a perfect gift" you speak of?:3dglasses

Shirley runs a gift shop called A Perfect Gift or The Perfect Gift and she is allowed to make up gift baskets and deliver them to DCL ships. Her contact info should be in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page.

We were given the Romantic Encounter package as a gift. It was a bottle of moet White Star Imperial. Very nice - but not a fruity Champaign at all. (The Asti is the lightest of all that you mentioned). The wine bucket is nice, and it is more like a round cooler with tongs. I have used it a couple of times (once for wine even). I use my robe daily. The are a waffle type of cotton - light weight, dry quickly. I am not a stick by any means and have no problem fitting in the robe. I think I "stole" DH's as well so that I have one in the bath and on by my side of the bed... :) One really cute thing was that the it also came with 2 chocolate champaign flutes filled with chocolates.

As for cost, the wine ranges in price - $30 - $50 retail, up to $70 in restaurants. Not sure on the robe cost.

The person who bought your gift must have upgrade the champagne. I know that it wasn't White Star in our gift. We had a bottle of that in Palo and I believe it was $75 a bottle. Don't think you will get that in a $99 gift. If you check out the picture of this gift on the website it shows Korbel.

The Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante is my favorite!!!! We even bought 2 cases of it for our wedding 11 years ago. It now runs $16 a bottle here in our area. I realize everyone has different tastes, but I love it!!!

Rosa Regale is now $65+15% auto tip on DCL now. I priced it on our cruise this past summer. I had brought on my bottle that I had picked up at World Market for $19.99.

So true! You can even get it at most Kroger stores for under $20 a bottle.

So true! You can even get it at most Kroger stores for under $20 a bottle.

In September we found it in Orlando on sale for $16.99! :thumbsup2 So I bought three..........

Rosa Regale is now $65+15% auto tip on DCL now. I priced it on our cruise this past summer. I had brought on my bottle that I had picked up at World Market for $19.99.

thanks for sharing this price - this is what I love and was thinking did I really want to haul it on board but I think I will see what Shirley can get it for and have her put it in our bag I am going to have her do for the EB TA

We will not have a car so don't think we can pick it up anywhere unless I can have it mailed from somewhere to our hotel and then carry it on . . .

Krisann

i had ordered from the perfect gift and above all , they forgot the champagne! it was the only prosecco i had ordered! my darling was absolutely crushed! 185 dollars for six cheeses -- which i priced and do not add up to even half - without champagne? really shirley, i expected more after all the hype.

i had ordered from the perfect gift and above all , they forgot the champagne! it was the only prosecco i had ordered! my darling was absolutely crushed! 185 dollars for six cheeses -- which i priced and do not add up to even half - without champagne? really shirley, i expected more after all the hype.

Hope you contacted them and got it straightened out!

Sure hope somebody didn't swipe your champagne before it was delivered! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter